Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

Moyes or Pulis would give us immediate improvement, but Moyes probably doesn't want to come to a club with no money and we'd be sick of Pulis by this time next year. I still hope Lambert can steer us to mid-table then someone will buy the club at the end of the season, then we can reassess.

It's hard to pick a replacement as when he gets replaced is a massive thing. If it in the next month I'd want Moyes id only have Pullis if we were in the deep stuff! I wouldn't go abroad in mid season as I think having Premier League Experience and being able to hit the ground running are a massive thing. So on that basis it'd rule out Eddie Howe. For me it's Moyes now Pullis in Feb or if we havent improved under Lambert by the summer which I doubt I'd get Eddie Howe.

Sean dyche reminds me of lambert in many ways. Highly rated now but id put money on dyche struggling to do what he's done at Burnley to anyone else.

Eddie Howe - he's record at Bournemouth is fantastic, but inbetween he had a less than glittering in spell at Burnley, & too young.

If we replaced Lambert now we would need a more senior experienced man and think on a short term and Pulis would be best option. after that we need a young ambitious manager with a plan which we thought Lambert was going to be. 

maybe Thomas Tuchel but he looks like going Leipzig

But what would be wrong with employing Pulis until he hit that ceiling and then looking for somebody who can take us from there?

I think a lot of us make the mistake of wanting our next manager to be the guy who leads us to the league title.

The truth is we are very VERY unlikely to find somebody like that who is willing to come here.

What we need to do is find somebody who can improve us as a team and establish us higher up the table. THEN the challenge will be letting that manager go before we stagnate and replacing him appropriately.

Southampton did it perfectly with Adkins and Pochettino.

The next manager doesn't have to be here for 10 years.

But Pulis' glass ceiling isn't really set much higher than Lambert's. As awful as Lambert is, I'd still expect him to keep us up this season. Okay, Pulis would probably do it a bit more comfortably but the outlook of the club will effectively be the same under him. I could understand such short-termism if we were mired deep in the abyss and desperately needed somebody like Pulis to dig us out but we aren't at that point, thankfully.

We've suffered through two of the most boring and retrograde managers you could ever wish for and I feel it is time for some fresh ideas and impetus. Something that will not be provided by Tony Pulis.

• Like 3

Tony Pulis, apart from a good 6 months at Palace is an utterly depressing manager, A chequebook manager who spent millions upon millions at Stoke and still couldn't get them to pass the ball 5 yards.

If we were going to sack Lambert I would like to think we would have more ambition than that, and go for a Moyes.

But what would be wrong with employing Pulis until he hit that ceiling and then looking for somebody who can take us from there?

I think a lot of us make the mistake of wanting our next manager to be the guy who leads us to the league title.

The truth is we are very VERY unlikely to find somebody like that who is willing to come here.

What we need to do is find somebody who can improve us as a team and establish us higher up the table. THEN the challenge will be letting that manager go before we stagnate and replacing him appropriately.

Southampton did it perfectly with Adkins and Pochettino.

The next manager doesn't have to be here for 10 years.

But Pulis' glass ceiling isn't really set much higher than Lambert's. As awful as Lambert is, I'd still expect him to keep us up this season. Okay, Pulis would probably do it a bit more comfortably but the outlook of the club will effectively be the same under him. I could understand such short-termism if we were mired deep in the abyss and desperately needed somebody like Pulis to dig us out but we aren't at that point, thankfully.

We've suffered through two of the most boring and retrograde managers you could ever wish for and I feel it is time for some fresh ideas and impetus. Something that will not be provided by Tony Pulis.

I can most definitely see where you're coming from, great post

• Like 1

Â