Who Would be Next?

Stevo985

I watch Spanish football more than i do English apart from Villa these days and im still unsure on Emery, he has some bizarre ideas but these are the sort of names and ideas we should be looking for in the next manager whenever that may be, forget this PL experience rubbish just hire a good coach with some good ideas.

I'll clarify that my Emery suggestion was pie in the sky. I wouldn't realistically expect him to come here. He was just a name to throw into the mix.

Moyes is my real answer.

Weren't Everton in a similar situation to Villa when Moyes first came in for them?

They finished 15th when he first came in at the end of the season, then he finished 7th then he finished 17th then 4th then 11th.

Moyes has a reputation for being a consistent steadying force but he wasn't one for his first 5 years at Everton.

While we have financial restraints we need to make sure we employ someone who is a good coach.  I said i wouldn't mind pullis but it would be nice to bring in someone who can coach our players to improve and coach an effective system of playing football.

I'd take Moyes but I don't believe he would be realistic. He said in the BBC interview when he announced that he wants to come back into management that he would only consider joining an "ambitious" club...which kinda rules us out.

My reading of his comments since leaving United is that he doesn't want to go back to a club where the best he can do is perhaps scrap at Europa League place. He's had a taste of the big time and would like an opportunity to experience that again. For that reason, I believe his next job will be abroad.

I know a few people aren't that fond of him but I think Sherwood would be a good choice. 

:o. A good choice for what, ritual execution?

IF lambert did go which he won't it would probably be Pulis or Moyes so we could tread water in midtable until Randy finds someone stupid enough to buy the club.

Wouldn't want Pulis anywhere near this club. I usually refrain from using the cliché but it does sum up how far we have fallen that somebody like him would be welcomed with open arms by so many.

If you are a club who are content with simply staying up year upon year, then Pulis is great. But as we saw at Stoke, once you want to push on and do a bit more than that, he reaches his glass ceiling. The way that he wasted vast amounts on overpaid, lazily scouted mediocrity was straight out of the Martin O'Neill handbook.

• Like 3

Moyes, Sherwood, Clarke, Eddie Howe are the realistic ones.

A few top managers that could maybe tempted if we promise them funds, I mean the only way is up for this team so a lot of managers should be interested because it will only boost their profile. 

Wouldn't want Pulis anywhere near this club. I usually refrain from using the cliché but it does sum up how far we have fallen that somebody like him would be welcomed with open arms by so many.

If you are a club who are content with simply staying up year upon year, then Pulis is great. But as we saw at Stoke, once you want to push on and do a bit more than that, he reaches his glass ceiling. The way that he wasted vast amounts on overpaid, lazily scouted mediocrity was straight out of the Martin O'Neill handbook.

But what would be wrong with employing Pulis until he hit that ceiling and then looking for somebody who can take us from there?

I think a lot of us make the mistake of wanting our next manager to be the guy who leads us to the league title.

The truth is we are very VERY unlikely to find somebody like that who is willing to come here.

What we need to do is find somebody who can improve us as a team and establish us higher up the table. THEN the challenge will be letting that manager go before we stagnate and replacing him appropriately.

Southampton did it perfectly with Adkins and Pochettino.

The next manager doesn't have to be here for 10 years.

Â