Paul Lambert

limpid

The bumbling bozo hasn't done anything to deserve a third chance. Yesterday's weak pathetic performance summed up the man's management of the team. Gutless, clueless and one shot on target. Poor man McLeish!

Just to annoy everyone -

Baker

Baker Baker Baker Baker

Baker Baker Baker Baker

Baker Baker

:D

We'd win the Conference with that team!

Eurgh 4-4-2?

Football managers change more quickly than Rob182 changes his pants.

Well if you didn't watch me with binoculars, I wouldn't need to change them every day! I only do that to make you think I'm clean.

Football managers change more quickly than Rob182 changes his pants.

Well if you didn't watch me with binoculars, I wouldn't need to change them every day! I only do that to make you think I'm clean.

I've seen you take the current undergarments off, put them on the floor, and then sneakily put on the same undergarments to make it look like their new, you dirty buggar.

So - what is with this Pat Murphy comment that Lambert is flying out to America?

Why would Randy (assuming that is where Lambert is going) make him fly out to America just to sack him?

Seems to me, Paul is staying. At least for the forseeable.

I may be in a minority of one, but I'd actually like to see Lambert given a chance with a bit of money to spend. He has worked miracles to keep this club in the premier league with 22 year old league one players, and I can't help but feel that for a load of major injuries this season we'd be comfortably mid-table, which I'd be happy with given the circumstances.

Get some new owners in, give Lambert a bit of money to add quality rather than quantity to the squad and let's see where we go from there.

No, let's not. His purchases have been mostly shocking, and his style of football even worse. Dreadful manager, and the thought of him inflicting further damage by wasting a new owner's money is terrifying.

His purchases have all come from the bargain bin because of the financial restrictions placed on him. It is very, very rare to find a top quality player for the kind of money Lambert has been allowed to spend on the majority of his signings, and to expect him to find enough of these players to fill an entire squad is asking too much.

Most of the lads he's signed would make very good squad members, the kind of young players you want to see gradually get more and more game time alongside more experienced colleagues until they understand the job well enough to play week in week out. Unfortunately, because of financial restrictions, we've had to fill an entire squad with those players, with very little in the way of experienced team mates to help them out.

As I said previously, he's managed to keep us in the premier league using only inexperienced, young players, which to me indicates he's done a decent job. It would be a shame to sack him off at this point having given him no chance to build a proper premiership side.

To put it into perspective, the money Lambert has spent building the entire squad would buy less than half of one Gareth Bale. 

• Like 2

I find the whole thing really bazaar.

Probably find a better manager at a bazaar

I find it bizarre that we should go to a bazaar seeing as we have spent the last two years buying in the bargain basement :-)

Paul McGrath wants him to stay, that's good enough for me.

Merson said on Soccer Sunday that Lambert should have gone with his coaches. Is that not good enough for you?

No, I'll take gods word.

Just as long as both were sober when making the statements. :D

• Like 1

Depends on how quick for a sale at this stage.

I don't think Lerner will sack Lambert so it's all about the next owners.

If the new owners came in and said they had their own management team then fine.

But if they came in and said we'll give Lambert a chance with some proper backing then I think we should accept that as well. Don't immediately find something to complain about regarding the new owners if Lambert stays.

Let's just see what the new regime have to say.

When we get new owners I am pretty sure Lambert will be sacked pretty fast. Not because he is so terrible, but they will want to hire someone with a proven capacity at a higher level.

Who they will hire I'll never be able to predict, but I just hope we don't get someone uninspiring.

I hope the new owners find the negative people on this board and others, offer them ferry tickets to Normandy, and then shoot them from machine gun nests as they struggle up the beach with their luggage wheels keep getting stuck in the sand.

Â