Paul Lambert

limpid

I was very much on-side with Lambert when he was appointed, and until recently wanted to give him this summer window to see what he could do if he was to get decent money and if he had learned anything from this season. However, the results since the Chelsea game have persuaded me that he is just not capable, and I now feel that he must be replaced.

I'm much the same. Sad, really. 

Statistically I wonder who the better manager is out of McClaren, McLeish and Lambore?

And what is it with us and rubbish Scottish managers?!

McClaren has won a trophy and never relegated a club so I guess it would be him. 

One or two hints on the new Bells site that something might be happening with Lambert tomorrow in their Lambert thread.

Can't see it at all and why would they sack him now with our most important game of the season coming up.

Possibly because it is, maybe, our most important game of the season. Why would they want a broken unmotivated manager in charge of the Hull game when he has clearly showed, over the last 6 games, that he is incapable of getting the required result and has been, time and time again, tactically out thought by opposing managers.

im dreading it shane long and jelavic are gonna tear us apart.

We've lost 18 games this season which I believe is the most we've ever lost in a single PL season.

Apart from Hull, we have to play Spurs and Man $ity, so that could easily be 20 games by the end of the season.

Statistically I wonder who the better manager is out of McClaren, McLeish and Lambore?

McClaren has won a trophy and never relegated a club so I guess it would be him. 

McClaren is far from a "rubbish" manager anyway.

As a club manager he's got a pretty good record.

I wonder what the record number of loss's is in a season and not being relegated , we must be close to it 

If there is a record to be made then you can be sure Lambert is working hard to achieve it.

• Like 2

Didn't Lerner cancel an interview with Mclaren because the fans were so against it, but then appointed Mcleish?

I could never get my head around that if true.

Edited by Amo69
  • Like 1

I didn't think he was referring to McClaren with the "rubbish" comment because he's not Scottish either :P

We've lost 18 games this season which I believe is the most we've ever lost in a single PL season.

Apart from Hull, we have to play Spurs and Man $ity, so that will be at least 20 games by the end of the season.

Fixed.

I think it means we will be back to where we were with a side along with all the other average Clubs and we will yo-yo betwenn Managers, players, 7th and 12th, and all the rest... I think the project - as I understood it - needed to succeed and it hasn't,

Well you've always been an optimist. 

I wonder what the record number of loss's is in a season and not being relegated , we must be close to it 

Since the premier league went down to 20 clubs, it's 21: Sunderland in 2007/8 (who actually finished in 15th) and QPR in 2011/2 (17th).

There are plenty of examples of survival on 20 defeats as well.

Oh, and Man C in 05/6 (ended in 15th).

So that's something to think about.

Edited by briny_ear

While others said tactics were poor I saw a Manager who was pretty flexible tactically, who was happy to change it as he thought needed - look at the performance at Liverpool when his use of Weimann nullified the best (ugh) attacking side..........also here we were beating Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal.......I didn't and dont agree with those who say he is clueless or that the players are useless...you cant get results like that as a fluke.

Yes you can. Performances don't get fluked, but to say results don't I just don't get. The Man City result was a perfect fluke and masked just how bad our performance was particularly in the first half where I struggle to remember us getting out of our own half at home!

Some decent points in your analysis. I just don't know what Lambert is trying to do though as I have never seen such consistent turgid drivel in my life. The players don't know what it is they're supposed to be doing.

• Like 1

Â