Paul Lambert

limpid

Blame Paul Lambert. Blah! Blah! Blah!

It's all his fault. Blah! Blah! Blah!

You don't know what your doing. Blah! Blah! Blah!

He hasn't got a clue. Blah! Blah! Blah!

I never wanted him in the first place. Blah! Blah! Blah!

We go again. Blah! Blah! Blah!

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

Think you need to assess who it it you support, lambert or villa. What you should do is contact lambert and see if he'll take you on as his number 2(in his next job) because you both talk nonsense!!

I think you'll find that there are currently about 35,000 fans behaving like number two's at the moment.

Leave the guy alone & give him a break.

Like every Villa fan on VT I support Aston Villa. I eat, breath & sleep the club. Villa are my raison d' etre.

Just accept we all have different opinions & nobody ultimately is gonna change 'em.

Thats more than fair villa- revolution and we shall all get behind the team against Hull to try and push the club to safety and leave the difference of opinion for another day.  :cheers:

• Like 1

The claim that the markets for Lambert's sacking have been suspended has come from thesackrace.com's Twitter account.

Edited by Isa

I think the support for Lambert is now just becoming delusional. What's it based on now?

I always had a hunch he could do it for us. But I don't see anyway back for him now.  - However I think we are best served by keeping him at the helm for the next 3 games - Its not as if the guys underneath him have any track record 

I think the support for Lambert is now just becoming delusional. What's it based on now?

I always had a hunch he could do it for us. But I don't see anyway back for him now.  - However I think we are best served by keeping him at the helm for the next 3 games - Its not as if the guys underneath him have any track record 

True, they don't have a track record for being sh*t.  :D

Slightly OT - wots Cowans record with the youth's like ......only average I think ?

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I  wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

I don't mean to be rude, but have you ever considered therapy?

You only have 3 games to go before your hero will get what he rightfully deserves - the sack.

You can toddle off and support whatever crappy team he ends up at.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Slightly OT - wots Cowans record with the youth's like ......only average I think ?

Ooh I would give my right arm for a bit of average.

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I  wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

I admire your optimism. 

For me, its gone too far for Lambert to keep his job regardless now. The vast majority of the fans want him gone and he will be gone IMO. 

Lambert has put together the most piss poor team I have seen down Villa Park since i first started watching them in the late 80's. I can take losing. I can take being outplayed by better teams. What I can't take is the fact that team have no idea how to play together, tactics are non existent, commitment isn't there and the players look as though they have never met before, That is down to the manager. I wanted him at the club. It hasn't worked. Time to go, 

• Like 2

I don't mean to be rude, but have you ever considered therapy?

If he thinks 35k fans are supporting Lambert he is truely delusional. I'll try listen out for your support at the weekend when we fail to beat Hull!!

The first 2 paragraphs from the guardians match report

Aston Villa exemplify the unrealistic expectations of most clubs and their supporters in the modern era. With precious few exceptions, they are never happy. Under Martin O'Neill, Villa finished sixth in the Premier League three seasons running, yet the fans wanted him out. The cliched talk was of "underachieving".

Under Gérard Houllier they were ninth but he was not good enough either. Now they stand a perilous 16th with three matches to play and it is Paul Lambert's turn to be raucously informed that he has to go. Patience? That's a card game isn't it? Lambert proved his worth at Norwich, winning successive promotions before finishing 12th in the Premier League – and would not East Anglia's finest settle for that now.

Yes, Lambert is having a chastening time at Villa, who have taken only one point from their last six matches, but they were 10th as recently as last month after beating Chelsea 1-0 and there are mitigating circumstances for their plight

it seems the media are sharpening the knives to stick into the fans again if/when he gets the sack, no the fans of club deserve better, just more and more cobblers about how we should just be happy to be little old Aston villa making up the numbers jn the premier league

full article here

Edited by Jimzk5

They did the same when McLeish was sacked. The better journalists knew the real reason why the fans were unhappy.

Bollocks to The Guardian and their pathetic London/Manchester-centric condascending attitude. Lazy sports journalism at its finest.

The Brum Mail is actually worth reading for a change, they are asking some good questions of the club and putting pressure on Lambert at the moment.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

The first 2 paragraphs from the guardians match report

Aston Villa exemplify the unrealistic expectations of most clubs and their supporters in the modern era. With precious few exceptions, they are never happy. Under Martin O'Neill, Villa finished sixth in the Premier League three seasons running, yet the fans wanted him out. The cliched talk was of "underachieving".

Under Gérard Houllier they were ninth but he was not good enough either. Now they stand a perilous 16th with three matches to play and it is Paul Lambert's turn to be raucously informed that he has to go. Patience? That's a card game isn't it? Lambert proved his worth at Norwich, winning successive promotions before finishing 12th in the Premier League – and would not East Anglia's finest settle for that now.

Yes, Lambert is having a chastening time at Villa, who have taken only one point from their last six matches, but they were 10th as recently as last month after beating Chelsea 1-0 and there are mitigating circumstances for their plight

it seems the media are sharpening the knives to stick into the fans again if/when he gets the sack, no the fans of club deserve better, just more and more cobblers about how we should just be happy to be little old Aston villa making up the numbers jn the premier league

full article here

They're all proabably pissed at us for taking 2 points off of Liverpool at Anfield

• Like 2

The worst bit from that piece was:

Last summer he spent £17m, which does not buy you much these days – certainly not the European place the supporters covet.

What a moron. To think he got paid to write such tripe.

Maybe the journo's should look at how Lambert's Norwich played and compare that to the clueless tripe we serve up 80% of the time.

It pisses me off as I'm sure they will describe Man Utd fans as "long suffering" next season after a whole year out of the Champions League.

I love how the figures of what he spent on players get revised downwards all the time compared to what was in the actual accounts, as some form of defence.

That article actually reads like some of the stuff peddled by the shrinking number of Lambert's defenders on this site!

Â