Paul Lambert

limpid

One of the reasons might be that if were getting a new owner hiring a new manager would mean that unless the new owners would want to keep him thats another payoff on the books for 2 games. We dont have a giggs that can do the job and im not sure the youth/U21 coaches would be able to instill the same sort of confidence as a new exciting manager with some intent would

If he isnt gone instantly at the end of the season ill be pretty pissed though

Edited by tomaspg

We'd might have to pay a years wages which is a lot to Randy but If we fail to reach say forty points then there might be something written into his contract which reduces the compo.

One or two hints on the new Bells site that something might be happening with Lambert tomorrow in their Lambert thread.

Can't see it at all and why would they sack him now with our most important game of the season coming up.

One or two hints on the new Bells site that something might be happening with Lambert tomorrow in their Lambert thread.

Can't see it at all and why would they sack him now with our most important game of the season coming up.

Nah Lerner will keep him til the end of the season. It's not his style to sack someone before the season ends. 

Possibly because it is, maybe, our most important game of the season. Why would they want a broken unmotivated manager in charge of the Hull game when he has clearly showed, over the last 6 games, that he is incapable of getting the required result and has been, time and time again, tactically out thought by opposing managers.

• Like 1

Lamebert will only have a season left on his contract so the compo won't be high if he is dismissed

He should do the right thing and walk as he knows deep inside he has failed

I wonder if, instead of resigning when his lieutenants were suspended, he has said he will stay for the remaining games rather than be seen to leave us in the lurch.

It wouldn't be the first team we have seen a down an out manager sacked so near to the end of the season. Normally still ends in misery for the team but on some occasions it has worked. Sunderland last year springs to mind.

I was very much on-side with Lambert when he was appointed, and until recently wanted to give him this summer window to see what he could do if he was to get decent money and if he had learned anything from this season. However, the results since the Chelsea game have persuaded me that he is just not capable, and I now feel that he must be replaced.

The next game is our 'Sunderland' game.

He motivated the team for that crunch tie last year, he needs to do the same again.

We win that game, we can all relax. We draw it, we're pretty much safe, we lose it, we're beginning to look at other teams' results.

We don't want that to happen.

Even a draw against Hull would still leave us looking at what other teams are doing because it would leave them with the exact same goals to catch us. Only a win on Saturday will be much help if we're to do it for ourselves. One last roar from lionheart Lambo before we split.

I cant understand how Lambert can hold his hand out for his wages or say he is a manager on his CV.With 1 point from 6 games and the second year ( under him ) and we are STILL in the basement, I would be to imbarased to call myself a manager. 

He MUST go.

Â