Paul Lambert

limpid

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert has got something in his contract that says if he doesn't reach a certain amount of points then he'll get less compensation if Randy choses to sack him. And that might be another reason he won't go before the seasons ended.

He's only got 1 year left and he cant be getting paid a silly amount anyway, wouldnt be massively costly for Lerner to sack him now. Especially since his staff are probably going to be sacked after the "investigation" anyway.

Totally agree. I just dont think lerner is interested in putting another penny in though even to pay off lambert. He may be forced to though if we go down and any potential sale goes down the toilet. God forbid. I just want lambert, lerner and faulkner gone now to be honest. As much as i hated ellis this is getting just as bad now.

I have always backed the current manager at villa cause the budget he has been given is a joke but I think he is a dead man walking now as the majority of the fans have turned on him I would be hard to get them back on side whatever he does

Hasn't he had a net spend of over £20m per season? That's more than enough not to be in a relegation battle.
20 million is nothing other than Newcastle and Stoke no one spent less this season

I'd check your stats mate that isn't true at all

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert has got something in his contract that says if he doesn't reach a certain amount of points then he'll get less compensation if Randy choses to sack him. And that might be another reason he won't go before the seasons ended.

He's only got 1 year left and he cant be getting paid a silly amount anyway, wouldnt be massively costly for Lerner to sack him now. Especially since his staff are probably going to be sacked after the "investigation" anyway.

Totally agree. I just dont think lerner is interested in putting another penny in though even to pay off lambert. He may be forced to though if we go down and any potential sale goes down the toilet. God forbid. I just want lambert, lerner and faulkner gone now to be honest. As much as i hated ellis this is getting just as bad now.

for all doug's bad points and he had a fair few, he is a villa man to the core. he loves villa almost as much as himself. This clown at the elm would have been given the bullet a long time ago if doug was here. (im not a doug fan)

Even now I still don't blame Lambert for the mess the club is in. It is more Lerner's fault and the fact that most of the player's aren't good enough for this level. I want Lambert to stay.

• Like 1

I have always backed the current manager at villa cause the budget he has been given is a joke but I think he is a dead man walking now as the majority of the fans have turned on him I would be hard to get them back on side whatever he does

Hasn't he had a net spend of over £20m per season? That's more than enough not to be in a relegation battle.
20 million is nothing other than Newcastle and Stoke no one spent less this season

Here is the table for net summer spending -

Net-Spend-366x400.png

Spurs sold Bale for £90m so they spent £92m.  Fellaini skews Everton's spends too.  And they brought in Barry and Lukaku on loan who are on salaries we couldn't get anywhere near.

Of the teams below us in that table Hull signed Jelavic and Long in January, whilst Fulham spent about £10m on Mitroglou.

The facts may not be exactly as Mick stated but we're certainly at the arse end of the spending league.

• Like 2

Even now I still don't blame Lambert for the mess the club is in. It is more Lerner's fault and the fact that most of the player's aren't good enough for this level. I want Lambert to stay.

An do what????

He has lost the fans mate and can't motivate the players. We could keep him and if we have new owners see how he motivates big players. Id give him till Christmas, but I tell ya what, it's just not worth the risk!!

My hate for ellis was born through the fact that he never give a shit about the fans not that he didnt give a shit about villa. Having said that i think him controlling villa was just to massage his own ego. As for lerner, villa has no real pull for him its a relationship he could walk away from without shedding tears. But yes i believe ellis cared more about villa.

• Like 3

My hate for ellis was born through the fact that he never give a shit about the fans not that he didnt give a shit about villa. Having said that i think him controlling villa was just to massage his own ego. As for lerner, villa has no real pull for him its a relationship he could walk away from without shedding tears. But yes i believe ellis cared more about villa.

villa was like dougs wife, to lerner villa is just his little tart on the side
  • Like 1

interesting to see what on earth he sets the team up for Hull.

appreciate our options are slim but surely he must realise he has to change something.

I'm not a fan of Holt particularly but i'd rather start him and then change things if he has no impact.

Presuming Helenius isn't an option even if fit.

I would start Robinson also - he looked very lively against Swansea. Him on the left and Alby on the right?

Edited by VillanousOne

We are stuck with lamebert until end of season and then it's up to Lerner of he can afford to sack him or not.

I would imagine in the unlikely situation where we won all last 3 games and Lerner was staying he will still be manager

But no doubt in my mind he had failed miserably this season. Bought crap like tonev who he refuses to play and insists on using a has been lump in holy ahead of a youngster like helenius who he signed!

Poor management

Here is the table for net summer spending -

Net-Spend-366x400.png

Spurs sold Bale for £90m so they spent £92m. Fellaini skews Everton's spends too. And they brought in Barry and Lukaku on loan who are on salaries we couldn't get anywhere near.

Of the teams below us in that table Hull signed Jelavic and Long in January, whilst Fulham spent about £10m on Mitroglou.

The facts may not be exactly as Mick stated but we're certainly at the arse end of the spending league.

I m not talking about net spend I m talking what we spent on players like inwards like we got 1.5 million roughly for bannan so our spend was about 19 million which is very little compared what hull Cardiff Swansea etc smaller clubs are spending and showing more ambition

villa was like dougs wife, to lerner villa is just his little tart on the side

Interesting.

Using the rationale that you spend more on your mistress than your wife, you could be right.

Here is the table for net summer spending -Net-Spend-366x400.png

Spurs sold Bale for £90m so they spent £92m. Fellaini skews Everton's spends too. And they brought in Barry and Lukaku on loan who are on salaries we couldn't get anywhere near.

I m not talking about net spend I m talking what we spent on players like inwards like we got 1.5 million roughly for bannan so our spend was about 19 million which is very little compared what hull Cardiff Swansea etc smaller clubs are spending and showing more ambition

Perhaps Paul Lambert felt that he already had the right players in place. Most of the 'big spenders' made one or two 'major' signings.

So here's a table of gross transfer spending, 2013-4, based on figures from Transfer League.

Grossspend_zpsa2161e0c.jpg

While Villa are quite low down the spending league, our gross spend on players is very close to teams like Palace and Swansea who have done better than us in the league, and within range even of Everton, who have done spectacularly better. I think this is a reminder that it is possible to do better than 16th while spending broadly the same amounts as Villa in transfer fees. (Although obviously it is possible to do worse, since the 4 clubs below us have all spent more than us.)

Edited by briny_ear

Yes but you have to take in to account the state of the current team when how much is spent. Ours was already pretty poor. Newly promoted teams would have to spend to have a chance of staying up.

So here's a table of gross transfer spending, 2013-4, based on figures from Transfer League.

Grossspend_zpsa2161e0c.jpg

While Villa are quite low down the spending league, our gross spend on players is very close to teams like Palace and Swansea who have done better than us in the league, and within range even of Everton, who have done spectacularly better. I think this is a reminder that it is possible to do better than 16th while spending broadly the same amounts as Villa in transfer fees. (Although obviously it is possible to do worse, since the 4 clubs below us have all spent more than us.)

But transfer fees are only part of the issue... Better players will go to teams like Everton because they pay bigger wages... We might be close to Everton on transfer fees but what about wages? I can't imagine Barry went for 10k a week? Edited by ben1505

Â