Paul Lambert

limpid

When will you guys realise that Lambert is a shield for Lerner, McLeish was a shield for Lerner, the next guy will be a shield for Lerner. Nothing changes unless Lerner sells up.

There's only a few people who have no issue with Lerner. The vast majority now see the issue he has become but that doesn't excuse the god awful job Lambert's done.

• Like 2

When will you guys realise that Lambert is a shield for Lerner, McLeish was a shield for Lerner, the next guy will be a shield for Lerner. Nothing changes unless Lerner sells up.

Think we all know that, still doesn't make Lambert a better manager or the right choice for us

• Like 1

Lerner being a rubbish owner doesn't make Lambert a good manager, he's still a rubbish manager!

• Like 1

I can't really defend the Manager anymore, would love to be able to but I can't, so I won't.

For the first time during his tenure I can honestly say that I am apathetic to his leaving.

If we don't get a win in the next three games we could well be up the proverbial creek with no sign of a paddle.

Now, about that selling up part.....

• Like 1

The timing of this leak is very interesting, as far as i remember Charlie Nicholas has never really been the font of all knowledge when it comes to Villa, so it's odd that he should come our and be so vocal at this time when Lambert is feeling a bit of heat.

If we take aside the transfers out, lambert has signed 7 players for the first team squad in 2013 - 2104 (for £17.5M), and 9 players in 2012 - 2013 (for £24.5M). These figures from www.transfermarkt.co.uk don't include the 3 loan signings. I don't see how having practically bought a new squad anyone can say that he hasn't been backed, he has spent £42M !

Of the players he signed in 2012 - 2013, 4 are what you might call first choice (Guzan, Vlaar, Westwood and Benteke).

Of the players he signed in 2013 - 2014, only 1 player (Bacuna) has been a first team regular (if we're generous then you can also add Okore, who admittedly looked pretty good before his injury).

That is a shocking waste of money, 16 players signed, and only 6 of them have had a decent impact on the first team. Lambert knew his budget each year, and he knew the players that were needed, yet he failed to work within his budget to shape the team into something that could have gone somewhere.

His performance in Transfers (Benteke apart) is poor. he could well have signed 4 or 5 better players and used the U21's to fill out the squad rather than sign so many poor players that have not made any difference. he could perhaps have gotten Barry, had he not signed Kozak. 

Lambert is responsible for the key area's here, Buying Players, Coaching Players, And telling them how he wants them to play, and on all three of those i think he's failed.

Edited by dukes
  • Like 3

Lambert is the right man to lead Villa forward (IMO), but the restrictions placed upon him from above are an anchor that will see us sink with time. I am thankful for a lot of what Randy did for the club, but right now, unless he digs deep, we will struggle to survive in the future. We will not be relegated this year, but the current model will not last in its current state. We need the board to invest in players that will benefit the first-team not just the squad.

In the space of two seasons the man has masterminded the loss of an entire season's worth of home games (19).

He has masterminded cup exits against lower league teams who have literally outplayed us.

VT is in complete hope mode at the moment.

Those who wish for regime change are jumping on the slightest rumour of takeover, and trying to turn it into more than just a rumour.

And those who support Lambert are clinging on to the bullshit mutterings of an ex-footballer with a doss Saturday afternoon job, who just happens to be Lambert's mate.

Or did Lambert really try to sign an expensive striker while the side was screaming out for strength in midfield?

If you support Lambert and haven't been to VP lately, please make the effort to come on Saturday, and see how you feel about him after 90 minutes.

What have you seen in the performances over the last two seasons to make you think he's worth giving money to the_steve?

The good ones have been the exception rather than the rule.

I doubt those names for numerous reasons.

Lukaku: I wonder what wasn't sanctioned? Because Lambert could have spent the Kozak money on a loan? Or not? Let's say, however, that a loan move wasn't sanctioned, it's not like he went without being able to sign anyone - he was given money to go and buy Libor.

Barry: Paul has been quite insistent on his "young and hungry" approach. I don't believe we were ever in for him.

Coutinho: Big doubts on this one. Firstly the rumour was that he wanted to play for Pottechino again. Secondly, there's no way we'd have got him given Liverpool's interest anyway. I know the agent said we made an "inquiry", but also said there had been nothing concrete.

Hotlby: Spurs put him on something ridiculous like 70K p/w and made it clear they wanted anyone loaning him to cover most/all that. That 'enquiry' would have fallen down very early on.

So that leaves Sissoko, but I doubt we had any chance with him as I'd assume he was keen to join up with with the French contingent down at SJP.

The Lukaku was last season before we signed Benteke

The timing of this leak is very interesting, as far as i remember Charlie Nicholas has never really been the font of all knowledge when it comes to Villa, so it's odd that he should come our and be so vocal at this time when Lambert is feeling a bit of heat.

If we take aside the transfers out, lambert has signed 7 players for the first team squad in 2013 - 2104 (for £17.5M), and 9 players in 2012 - 2013 (for £24.5M). These figures from www.transfermarkt.co.uk don't include the 3 loan signings. I don't see how having practically bought a new squad anyone can say that he hasn't been backed, he has spent £42M !

Of the players he signed in 2012 - 2013, 4 are what you might call first choice (Guzan, Vlaar, Westwood and Benteke).

Of the players he signed in 2013 - 2014, only 1 player (Bacuna) has been a first team regular (if we're generous then you can also add Okore, who admittedly looked pretty good before his injury).

That is a shocking waste of money, 16 players signed, and only 6 of them have had a decent impact on the first team. Lambert knew his budget each year, and he knew the players that were needed, yet he failed to work within his budget to shape the team into something that could have gone somewhere.

His performance in Transfers (Benteke apart) is poor. he could well have signed 4 or 5 better players and used the U21's to fill out the squad rather than sign so many poor players that have not made any difference. he could perhaps have gotten Barry, had he not signed Kozak. 

Lambert is responsible for the key area's here, Buying Players, Coaching Players, And telling them how he wants them to play, and on all three of those i think he's failed.

Comparison MON spent 50 Million plus on building a defence but we expect a manager to build a capable Premier League squad for less.

Cuellar 7.8million

Dunne 6million

Collins 5million

Shorey 4.5million

L.Young 6.5million

Davies 10million

Warnock 8million

Knight 4.5million

Beye 2.5million

• Like 1

Lambert is the right man to lead Villa forward (IMO), but the restrictions placed upon him from above are an anchor that will see us sink with time. I am thankful for a lot of what Randy did for the club, but right now, unless he digs deep, we will struggle to survive in the future. We will not be relegated this year, but the current model will not last in its current state. We need the board to invest in players that will benefit the first-team not just the squad.

Any manager who choose 3 centre backs against Crystal Palace isn't the right man for the job.

• Like 1

Comparison MON spent 50 Million plus on building a defence but we expect a manager to build a capable Premier League squad for less.

Cuellar 7.8million

Dunne 6million

Collins 5million

Shorey 4.5million

L.Young 6.5million

Davies 10million

Warnock 8million

Knight 4.5million

Beye 2.5million

Yes, but we've already had the slag off MON thread.

We all know he wasted a lot of money.

Mark Hughes spent £6.2M at Stoke signing 6 players, yet he has managed to change their style of play and get them up the table.

Edited by dukes

Why is so hard to accept that you cannot blame Lambert for everything? At a boardroom level, some need to take responsibility for failing to sufficiently back the manager. Individual players need to be held accountable for their lack of form or individual mistakes.

I don't think anyone is blaming him for everything but the problem is people like you do the opposite and absolve him of blame for absolutely everything.

• Like 1

Cuellar 7.8million

Dunne 6million

Collins 5million

Shorey 4.5million

L.Young 6.5million

Davies 10million

Warnock 8million

Knight 4.5million

Beye 2.5million

Yes, but we've already had the slag off MON thread.

We all know he wasted a lot of money.

Mark Hughes spent £6.2M at Stoke signing and signed 6 players, yet he has managed to change their style of play and get them up the table.

Don't really want to get into this, but Stoke had a solid base to build from we didn't, I ain't defending Lambert as he is doing a piss poor job and his tactics have a lot to be desired, however on the budget, his budget to build a squad wasn't enough. Stoke had the likes of Shawcross, Begovic, Crouch, N'Zonzi, Huth. I'd take take any of those players in our team.

I doubt those names for numerous reasons.

Lukaku: I wonder what wasn't sanctioned? Because Lambert could have spent the Benteke money on a loan? Or not? Let's say, however, that a loan move wasn't sanctioned, it's not like he went without being able to sign anyone - he was given money to go and buy Christian.

The Lukaku was last season before we signed Benteke

So he got the money to sign Benteke then. Fine. I've amended that part.

Â