Paul Lambert

limpid

Typical Lambert supporter, no staying power! ;)

This would be lazy even if I did want lambert here next season.

I'd rather have no staying power than a lack of reading comprehension ;)

• Like 1

Im pro Lambert and want him to do well, but will admit if we lose on the weekend I'll start to turn. I still blame Randy Lerner far more though- I wish he'd come out and just clarify what his aims for the club are or at least be seen at a game!

Part of me still naively hopes we win a couple and Lambert stays, and we somehow sign 3-4 10 million ish level players and are pushing for Europe again next year- benefitting from a stable long term management team.

You can but dream.

Edited by maxjackle
  • Like 1

Fair enough and I agree with some of that. As I say though, I don't think the context in Blandy's original post was belittling. Rather he was referring to those who do support Lambert. Yes, there are various degrees of the support for him but they are all united by their continued support nonetheless. It's the same when others say things like 'Lambert outers' etc. to describe those who do want him out. No offense is usually taken and nor should it.

"Those who wouldn't sack Lambert at this moment in time" is different to "Lambert supporters", for example.

The point being made (I think?) is that many of the more pessimistic posters use terminology to distinguish themselves from people who are more optimistic.  Everyone has a tendancy to make pointed remarks, but comments such as being "Lambert apologists" or having "lowered expectations" etc. etc. are purely made to insight more petty arguing or belittle others.

Typical Lambert supporter, no staying power! ;)

I'd rather have no staying power than a lack of reading comprehension ;)

Your girlfriend disagrees.  And says hello. ;)

You've only got to look at Pulis at Palace to see how much is down to a Manager. Palace are shit, but they played us off the park because Pulis kicks arse and gets results.

No, I don't want Pulis, but someone to steady the ship because if we aren't down this season we will be next. All Lambert can offer is "There are worse teams than us" - really, like who? - Stoke, Fulham, Palace, Swansea...... I reckon we are about as bad as Sunderland or Cardiff, but not better.

• Like 2

'Lambert apologists' or 'lowered expectations.' I do not think anyone is blindly proclaiming loyalty to Lambert, some are more frustrated than others but I broadly support Lambert's vision going forward, but there are circumstances outside of his control. They are not excuses. My support of Lambert is not unconditional, despite what others might claim.

The problem is there's very much a black and white mentality on here - if you aren't 100% against Lambert and don't want him out now then you must be a blind supporter of his and agree with everything he does - there's no room for any kind of middle ground.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Lambert should be doing better - but he's without all of his most expensive signings at the moment.  If you took that away from most teams down the bottom, they'd be struggling (perhaps not to the extent that we are, granted).

• Like 1

'Lambert apologists' or 'lowered expectations.' I do not think anyone is blindly proclaiming loyalty to Lambert, some are more frustrated than others but I broadly support Lambert's vision going forward, but there are circumstances outside of his control. They are not excuses. My support of Lambert is not unconditional, despite what others might claim.

The problem is there's very much a black and white mentality on here - if you aren't 100% against Lambert and don't want him out now then you must be a blind supporter of his and agree with everything he does - there's no room for any kind of middle ground.

I don't think that's true at all.  It is true to say though, that there's not much room for anything other than black or white when it comes to either wanting him to stay or leave.

Probably why I try and avoid this thread for the most part. The debates are so cyclical and trite. Certain posters ganging up on those who do not follow their views.

• Like 1

I would sell my Risso's grandmother for a win against Southampton.  :)

Thanks for that.  She died at the weekend.

edit: but only in a Stephen Ireland crap excuse type way.

Sorry Gentleman!

Edited by Risso

I don't think that's true at all.  It is true to say though, that there's not much room for anything other than black or white when it comes to either wanting him to stay or leave.

Not necessarily - there are different degrees. Some want him gone now, others at the end of the season, some are unsure on whether they want him to stay (this is where I fall under).

Probably why I try and avoid this thread for the most part. The debates are so cyclical and trite. Certain posters ganging up on those who do not follow their views.

Sorry to break it to you but this has always been the way. You probably thought nothing of it when it was Lambert supporters routinely ganging up on those who held a different opinion only a few months ago though I guess.

• Like 2

Sorry to break it to you but this has always been the way. You probably thought nothing of it when it was Lambert supporters routinely ganging up on those who held a different opinion only a few months ago though I guess.

Exactly my point as well.

Haha where was all this when the likes of morpheous were being mocked for their views?

Where is Morpheus anyway???

I bet his menage-a-trois got a bit sticky :)

Haha where was all this when the likes of morpheous were being mocked for their views?

Which posts are these BJ10? You've mentioned them a fair few times in the last few days, but I have no idea what you're on about. Care to share?

Everything about the villa is the same as wigan year after year fighting at the bottom. Well ladies and gents the time is coming where we wont be so lucky. I honestly feel lady luck has been with us man city home and saints away we should never have won and as for the home form we always assist a team or player getting confidence back. Fulham hadnt won in 2014 they did when we played and the man who cant hit a cows arse with a banjo (rodallega) finally scores against us. Lambert has lost the fans and hes nearly lost the board he will be given no money to buy young and hungry so therefore get sacked in the summer.

Which posts are these BJ10? You've mentioned them a fair few times in the last few days, but I have no idea what you're on about. Care to share?

The stand out time was after we beat Liverpool, people couldn't want to jump on him.

The stand out time was after we beat Liverpool, people couldn't want to jump on him.

His aunt being first in the queue....

• Like 1

People disagree with each other.

When you hold a view that some deem to be extreme or far-fetched, people have a right to call them out on that view.

Many people have disagreed with Con's comments about Barry Bannan. You labelling it as bullying/ ganging-up or mocking almost comes across as point-scoring against the people who have previously supported Lambert.

Â