Paul Lambert

limpid

It's a bit like labelling you an armchair supporter, you didn't like it at the time but now seem to be condoning other supporters to be labelled with a tag.

Actually, I didn't like you telling me to support another club. A bit different.

He is referring to those who do support Lambert anyway so I fail to see the problem. I've been labelled with tags like 'one of the Lambert-out brigade' and 'Lambert hater' before. I didn't do my best to taken offense though given that those tags are factually accurate.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

The poster in question also called people who support lambert as 'apologists' so I'm fairly sure he knows what he's doing

Putting it into groups like that makes it look like there is only 2 sides. When, in reality, there are a number of potential viewpoints.

I saw them called 'lambertites' in here not long ago. It just breeds angst and arguments IMO.

"Lambert supporters" isn't in that category though, surely?  Some people do quite clearly support him.  It's not calling them names though, and they're perfectly entitled to that view.

A category to have a pop at, yes thats it.

I can't see that it is.  Are you denying that some people, like Gentleman for instance, clearly support Lambert and think he's doing a good job in the circumstances?  It's not calling them names like "Lambertite" or similar.

I fail to see how 'mocking' (as you put it) a single user has any comparison or relevance to what I'm saying with regards to categorising a group of people.

And anyway, didn't we go through this yesterday? I have no idea why you're bringing this up again.

Well, I do. But it wouldn't be my place to say.

Well, Faulkner's call for everyone to pull together is obviously having its effect.

EDIT - damn you, iphone editor for inserting that unnecessary apostrophe

You could say that your phone is Lerner and you are lambert ;)

:D

So what is the PC way of referring to those who support Lambert if not 'Lambert supporters' then? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Edit: It's a bit like saying that it is derogatory to call fans of Liverpool - 'Liverpool fans' - for example.

Edited by Isa

So what is the PC way of referring to those who support Lambert if not 'Lambert supporters' then? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Edit: It's a bit like saying that it is derogatory to call fans of Liverpool - 'Liverpool fans' - for example.

Sir ;)

• Like 1

Just refer to them as 'the ones who probably aren't as anti Lambert as some others'.

There, that doesn't sound too offensive.

:D

• Like 1

I think the general idea is that there is no reason to belittle fans, no matter your stance.

He was never in for Barry

So, with this casually thrown crumb, if you are correct, the whole of the Nicholas tirade can be disregarded as it is complete bullshit?

Why would he be correct?

It wasn't so long ago that the OP was putting himself forward as an 'ITK'

So, if he is an 'ITK', then the information that he gives may be correct.

'He was never in for Barry' is a pretty firm statement.

It's fairly simple isa.

As there have been many posts in this thread that it would be 'pathetic' to still defend lambert with many others saying how they can't see how anybody would do it, by categorising an entire group of people and belittling them for their opinions. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot as well.

Your comparison with Liverpool fans a little strange. The grouping on here splits a fan base in 2. Whereas you're grouping an entire fan base.

The point is, why not just take every case individually? Why the need to group? One could support lambert but not particularly want him as manager. One could be apathetic towards him. There are many other viewpoints than 'lambert supporter' or not.

I think the general idea is that there is no reason to belittle fans, no matter your stance.

Referring to blatant supporters of Lambert as 'Lambert supporters' isn't belittling though. That's the point.

He was never in for Barry

So, with this casually thrown crumb, if you are correct, the whole of the Nicholas tirade can be disregarded as it is complete bullshit?

Why would he be correct?

It wasn't so long ago that the OP was putting himself forward as an 'ITK'

So, if he is an 'ITK', then the information that he gives may be correct.

'He was never in for Barry' is a pretty firm statement.

Barry 100% wanted to come back, he said make the call. He was suprised by the answer.

• Like 1

It's fairly simple isa.

As there have been many posts in this thread that it would be 'pathetic' to still defend lambert with many others saying how they can't see how anybody would do it, by categorising an entire group of people and belittling them for their opinions. It would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot as well.

Your comparison with Liverpool fans a little strange. The grouping on here splits a fan base in 2. Whereas you're grouping an entire fan base.

The point is, why not just take every case individually? Why the need to group? One could support lambert but not particularly want him as manager. One could be apathetic towards him. There are many other viewpoints than 'lambert supporter' or not.

But the fan base is split (and probably into more than 2 categories).

It's fairly simple isa.

Fair enough and I agree with some of that. As I say though, I don't think the context in Blandy's original post was belittling. Rather he was referring to those who do support Lambert. Yes, there are various degrees of the support for him but they are all united by their continued support nonetheless. It's the same when others say things like 'Lambert outers' etc. to describe those who do want him out. No offense is usually taken and nor should it.

• Like 1

It's fairly simple isa.

Fair enough and I agree with some of that. As I say though, I don't think the context in Blandy's original post was belittling. Rather he was referring to those who do support Lambert. Yes, there are various degrees of the support for him but they are all united by their continued support nonetheless. It's the same when others say things like 'Lambert outers' etc. to describe those who do want him out. No offense is usually taken and nor should it.

Exactly.

I want him sacked today. If someone wants to put me in a group called 'Lambert haters' I really don't give a stuff. Anyone who takes offence at such a trivial thing as being grouped on here really needs to get a life.

• Like 1

'Lambert apologists' or 'lowered expectations.' I do not think anyone is blindly proclaiming loyalty to Lambert, some are more frustrated than others but I broadly support Lambert's vision going forward, but there are circumstances outside of his control. They are not excuses. My support of Lambert is not unconditional, despite what others might claim.

• Like 3

Â