Paul Lambert

limpid

This is the thing, you build from the back. enough 'crearive midfielder' stuff. We aren't in that state. Make us hard to beat then build on that.

So sign a potentially quality player like Okore to do just that & then watch him get injured for the rest of the season.

Surely fans understand this.

That's why I refuse to join the clamour for Lambert out.

Give the guy a proper chance please.

• Like 1

This is the thing, you build from the back. enough 'crearive midfielder' stuff. We aren't in that state. Make us hard to beat then build on that.

So sign a potentially quality player like Okore to do just that & then watch him get injured for the rest of the season.

Yup. Lambert loves managing the Villa and wants us to get better.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Well said Sunny. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Our 4 most expensive signings (Benteke, Okore, Kozak & Nzogbia) are injured.

Take the 4 most expensive signs out of most teams and watch them struggle.

Lets grit out teeth, hope we stay up and see what happens next season. I'm not up for the club sacking Lambert and don't think they will anyway.

Lambert admitted the other day that nzogbia was training with the kids and i dont think being expensive means you're automatically a big miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBd4fyLL4&feature=youtu.be

this guys video is at back!! 4mins in ''Lambert Out'' and can see exactly how many people are chanting it!! it's the whole stand!

I hope Paul Lambert joined in with the singing.

There's the guy, busting his balls all week & for the last two years trying to turn us around & the fans right on his back.

We've all been on that ride & surely fans can see that he has not had a proper fair crack of the whip.

If I was Paul Lambert yesterday I would have cracked our own fans with that whip to wake them up from their total obtuseness in failing to realise the bigger picture.

For God sake give the guy a break. We don't need all this bloody damn negativity eating away at us because it is totally degenerative.

For the Clubs sake, get behind the board, the manager & the team & scream them over the line.

Embrace it, embrace it, embrace it.

Aston Villa FC is the bigger picture.

You have no evidence or tangibility to write all that, you are simply living off blind faith....There is nothing you can touch or feel or describe to convince anyone that what you say is credible.

You cannot claim to be positive, because it could be said that removing him is more positive in evidence of what he has achieved, that is the worst home record in the history of the club, I'm not sure what you are waiting for....by your reckoning Billy McNeill would still be manager.

If you are trying to rally the troops then I accept your point, because what ever the problems and believe me, I think this man deserves to go, we do need to get behind the team to get them over the line, because on their own or with the coaches prompting them they haven't a cat in hells chance.

This football set up needs to be scraped....but now is not the time to do it, we do need a massive push to try and get them over the line.

but then the proper business should start....Like getting someone in who can get this team to believe in itself.

Tro - I like your post but it's not about blind faith. As I currently perceive it it is the fans that the club is having to battle with at the moment & it is the fans who paradoxically & potentially are derailing us. Paradoxically because we all know viscerally that they only want success for the club. Let Paul Lambert do his job & let him see it through to fruition.

There is so much that Paul Lambert has had to address in his short time here & there is surely no one who can argue against his plans being scuppered & largely paralysed by terrible injuries. Why do some fans argue against this?

It has handicapped him severely but do you see Lambo hiding behind it as an excuse.

As Sunny has pointed out there are reasons, reasons, reasons.

Therefore, please VT posters, don't be unreasonable.

As for Billy McNeill - I can't say that I ever bought into his project but that's another story.

He has an opportunity to explain himself like any other football manager.....and believe me I have never ever known in my time watching football how Martinez came out whist managing WIGAN with so much positivity week after week after week, I don't know where he got all his explanations from.....but boy, he left me feeling what a good manager he was despite losing every week. What he said was feasible about the game....not just " we go again" or "I keep telling them to win"

There is a thing called an after match interview, where he has the perfect platform, to either,baffle us with science if he so wishes or explain some of his set backs/difficulties.....he never does.

Its called being human...he knows what we are feeling, why doesn't he explain.

He either doesn't know the answers or doesn't care about our feelings.

Key players missing? These are just silly excuses. We lost alot of games even with our key players, so that argument fails

No it doesn't. Benteke (our key player) came flying out the blocks at the start of the season. Got injured at Norwich. Got dog's for 12 games whilst trying to play half fit & then when he was back to full fitness he ruptures his achilles. Meantime his replacement Kozak breaks his leg & Okore hasn't even come out of the traps.

Injuries have paralysed our progress & undermined Paul Lambert's true potential.

Stick with it.

• Like 2

If he's still here in the summer he really needs to sign some big bastard brute midfielders AND have a settled back four. We're far too lightweight a team. We remknd me of the Everton team of the Joe Royle/Mike Walker era. Lots of lightweight midfielders who couldn't overpower opposition.

& that's the real point. Lambert needs time to seriously build & address our current deficiences & put some flesh to the bones.
Four transfer windows and we still haven't addressed any of our shortcomings whatsoever. I am not convinced of our plan A to win football matches, let alone plan B. He has made some baffling decisions with substitutions recently, especially yesterday when everyone could see that Palace were to score. We've had our injuries for sure, but even with key players in the side we have played some awful football coupled with awful results. There is no evidence for me that Lambert is going to turn this around either now or in the summer. If we are going to continue to be run on a shoe string we need someone in who can organise and motivate our players.

Give the guy a chance?! Where did I have a pop at Lambert? I said we are too soft in midfield? We have a 3 man midfield yet no leaders in there. That's my point. He has to get STEEL in the team. AND take the armband off Vlaar. He's no captain. He's no way near vocal or passionate enough for this group.

I want Lambert to turn it around like I wanted McLeish to prove us wrong as not only would it prove he had it, but piss the noses off at the same time.

• Like 1

I so hope that the talk of Barry back happens as we need a leader in midfield. It would transform us immediately. No more signing first half a dozen players from the lower leagues then another half a dozen from average leagues abroad. No wonder we struggle. We need quality this summer NOT quantity. 3 quality players with a "no surrender" attitude will be worth far more than another half a dozen potentials but i think it won't happen.

Edited by stewiek2

AND take the armband off Vlaar. He's no captain. He's no way near vocal or passionate enough for this group.

You can hate Lambert as much as anything, but I'm not sure what Vlaar has done to deserve that. He's a captain. He's both vocal and passionate. 

There are many things that none of us on this board knows what goes on at B6 and all we draw on is supposition....me included.

but i did get to know some things like the contretemps with O'Neill and Reo and i can tell you O'Neill was wrong, Manager or not and i will always support the manager, but he was out of order on this one.

I hear a few things but can't substantiate them, but when the owner is never there how can everyone be towing the line, turning up on time, putting the hours in etc,etc.

The way this team is playing for me, it reflects a holiday camp .....totally lacking in discipline.

I can't prove it ,but suspect it and have heard a few things that make me expect it.

Give Lambert time to build and address our current deficiencies.

Lambert signed a lot of our deficiencies and is regularly deficient at selecting a suitable game plan to win matches.

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

• Like 1

Give the guy a chance?! Where did I have a pop at Lambert? I said we are too soft in midfield? We have a 3 man midfield yet no leaders in there. That's my point. He has to get STEEL in the team. AND take the armband off Vlaar. He's no captain. He's no way near vocal or passionate enough for this group.

I want Lambert to turn it around like I wanted McLeish to prove us wrong as not only would it prove he had it, but piss the noses off at the same time.

apologies Stewiek2.

I wasn't having a go at you I was actually agreeing with your post.

My remark about giving the guy a proper chance was intended for the genuine known anti Lambert posters here on VT.

To qualify that further, I have nothing against the anti Lambert lobby because they may actually be right in how they currently view all Villa matters close to our hearts. 

What hurts me the most is that I do believe in the Lambert project & it is  the overall majorities knee jerk reaction that I am afraid of as I believe such short sightedness could potentially send us back to square one again.

I also accept that it could be me too who has got the whole thing wrong.

I just hope it turns quickly so that those who have turned can be persuaded in the folly of their knee jerk reaction.

AND take the armband off Vlaar. He's no captain. He's no way near vocal or passionate enough for this group.

You can hate Lambert as much as anything, but I'm not sure what Vlaar has done to deserve that. He's a captain. He's both vocal and passionate.

Where the hell do you get the idea I have said I hate Lambert?!?! WHERE?!?

I simply said I dont think Vlaar is captain material. And I don't. He's not fit often enough for a start and from what I've seen not vocal or passionate enough. I know it's not easy when the defensive line is chopped and changed but I expect more rallying of the troops and organising from the captain. For me, he doesn't do enough and goes into his shell. He's far from concrete though he's the best defender we have. The fact we have such a fragile defense means I think that the last thing he needs is the added pressure of captain

Sorry that was my awful phrasing. I meant that somebody could hate Lambert to whatever extent and still respect Vlaar for his excellent captaincy. I should have said 'somebody' instead of a non-specific 'you'.

Vlaar is a captain through and through. He marshalls the defence to the best extent he can. He gives a shit about the club. He takes responsibility over the whole club. He's always tweeting about it. He's definitely passionate. He doesn't have to do that.

As for vocal; just because you aren't yelling and screaming doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

What on EARTH are you talking about?

It is very well known in 'Villa circles' that the fans have been impeccably patient and the very fact that Paul Lambert 'wasn't Alex McLeish' bought him more time than a lot of managers would have been afforded. Be under no illusions, the fans overall have been extremely patient with Mr Lambert but unfortunately for the club he is taking us backwards, not forwards and the majority have now accepted this as it's undeniable. We are now in freefall, 4 points above the drop and looking like we'll struggle to score another goal let alone do enough to accumulate any more points. So, coupled with the fact that our manager thought it acceptable to play for a draw with 5 defenders against the league's lowest goalscorers and, yes, it is as clear as day that this job is too big for Lambert.

Surely you understand that when the loyal, tolerant away fans turn there is no way back? Surely you understand that every team in this league has injuries to key players and that most teams have contingency plans to deal with that? Surely you understand that other managers (a la Pulis) have built better squads with better philosophies with less money and in a shorter time span? Surely you understand that Paul Lambert has presided over more 'negative records' than any of us care to remember? Surely you understand that when a manager see's fit to play for a draw rather than a win, he is on borrowed time? Surely you understand that Lambert has HAD time to 'make us hard to beat' but keeps signing crap players? (hence having to bring Bertrand in on loan)

Blind faith and hope is all you guys have. Seriously. Everyone else can see how rotten this club is. That is largely down to Lerner, admittedly. But this Lambert bloke is a clueless clown who has been found wanting time and time again and, now that we're on the brink of relegation (yet again) enough is enough. He will end up managing in the Scottish lower leagues and that should say all you need to know. Villa is too big a job for him... surely, surely, surely you understand this?

I am afraid that there will always be a few that cling to the hope that Lambert has some grand master plan and he is working wonderfully behind the scenes to push us on to greater things.

The evidence that is there for all to see does not seem to matter as some secret project, that we as mere mortals cannot see or understand, is being played out in the corridors of power at AVFC.

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â