Paul Lambert

limpid

Holt isn't fat or unfit, though?

He was deemed to unfit to play for Wigan so I'd argue he is.

Or the new manager that came in and didn't fancy him gave it as a reason to move him along and bring his own man in. Like Meulensteen said Bent was fat and unfit so he could play his own players.

Or both Rösler and Meulensteen were just telling the truth which is most likely.

Yep managers always tell it how it is.

His few minutes on the pitch so far suggest that Wigan were right to get rid of him, and Lambert was wrong to sign him.

• Like 1

Trent hit the nail completely on the head.

Shaggy you are completely right except oh yea there's a thing called FFP and everything you said is invalidated by it.

Tell that to man city, or Chelsea, or, man you, never mind we'll use any excuse to explain a lack of investment.

Evidence is really wasted here as you seem to choose when you think it's evidence and when it isn't, no matter what it might be.

What a load of tosh. If you think an obscure newspaper link substantiates psudo-ITK claims like:

I say this because I know for a fact that Arsenal offered him a deal when we were in the top 4 challenge days and he turned it down.

...then that is your problem. That doesn't constitute any real evidence by anybody else's standards though I'm afraid.

Just to prove my point further though, here is 'evidence' that we tried to sign Jermaine Defoe in Lambert's first summer here (despite it clearly not fitting in with his or the club's modus operandi): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189734/Jermain-Defoe-Kenwyne-Jones-interesting-Paul-Lambert.html

I can throw in an unverifiable claim I heard from a friend of a friend if that will make you believe it further too.

Edited by Isa

we don't know what Holt is doing behind the scenes as experience is not just on the pitch

So even though the reason for Holt's signing was to cover the injury of Kozak since he has been absolutely useless when called upon he was now purchased as fulfilling a dual role as a voice of experience in the dressing room.

What exactly do you think Benteke, Weimann and Agbonlahor could learn from him now?

City, who have a sponsorship under investigation (that is how they are getting around FFP), Chelsea who have the same with Gazprom and Utd who simply don't need to do it as they generate enough cash already and have signed so many commercial deals this year it is unreal.

I suggest you learn the new rules.

City, who have a sponsorship under investigation (that is how they are getting around FFP), Chelsea who have the same with Gazprom and Utd who simply don't need to do it as they generate enough cash already and have signed so many commercial deals this year it is unreal.

I suggest you learn the new rules.

So we'll have to find a way to work around the new rules, everyone else will.

Well assuming self sponsorship is legal (lol) then you will find that it will only apply to the SUPER rich owners so Usmanov/Abramovic/Mansour only from the current owners in the league.

To self sponsor you need to have a good level of control over a very large business and the wish to piss away hundreds of millions too.

Like it or not FFP will stick.

Well assuming self sponsorship is legal (lol) then you will find that it will only apply to the SUPER rich owners so Usmanov/Abramovic/Mansour only from the current owners in the league.

To self sponsor you need to have a good level of control over a very large business and the wish to piss away hundreds of millions too.

Like it or not FFP will stick.

Go on, try typing a post that doesn't contain the letters FFP....

• Like 3

Sorry Risso, but as long as my fingers are still mine I'll type whatever I like.

If fans actually bothered to read the rules and then take more than 5 seconds to realise its impact then I wouldn't have to reply to the inane ramblings of fans saying Randy needs to spend loads on players this summer when rules dictate he can't. zzzzz

Lambert has a lot to do next season. He has at the very best, been just below average for me. The bad results have far outweighed the good and I think at others clubs he'd have gone (not saying that way of working is necessarily a good thing). I've accepted he'll still be here next season, but he really has no excuses to get us clicking then.

What's classed as a bad result? And what's a good result? Teams we should be expecting to beat and not?

So you think we should be higher in the table than 12th considering the financial restrictions put in place?

I think the team should be playing consistent football, the likes we have seen against Chelsea and Norwich for example. The inconsistency is unexplainable considering how long the team have been playing together. They still don't seem to know what they are supposed to be doing. Then in random games they just click!

I think the team should be playing consistent football, the likes we have seen against Chelsea and Norwich for example. The inconsistency is unexplainable considering how long the team have been playing together. They still don't seem to know what they are supposed to be doing. Then in random games they just click!

I think alot of that has to do with the fact that we don't have a roster full of world class players. When Lambert has to plug in Baker or Lowtown or Bennet into the defense it throws everything off. The injuries to Kozak and Okore really threw off Lamberts plan and development of the players he brought in. Further, Westwood has been absolutely phenomenal to me this season. And to think Lambert got him for what? 800k?

• Like 2

If we could play, consistently, in a way like we did against Chelsea (against teams like Chelsea and Norwich (against teams like Norwich), then we would probably be right at the top of the league. That's why I believe expecting consistency to that degree is unrealistic, the reason why teams like ourselves are in the middle of the the table is because of inconsistency, due to the lack of technical/mental ability that is found in better players and in turn better teams further up the league.

• Like 1

Yeah but again I think consistency is about quality.  I know when I play at my low standard of football that when I play with people of the same ability or better than me, sometimes I have barnstormer of a match when everything goes right and sometimes I have a stinker but when I play with people that aren't as good as me I play consistently really well all the time.  I had this situation several years back when in the week I played with better guys and on Sunday morning I played with guys who weren't as good.  I was a goal scoring sensation on Sunday's but in the week my form changed quite a bit.  My point is that our players are on the whole average quality and seem to suffer the high and lows against varying quality of team in the premiership.  Although I dont understand why we are so bad against lower teams.

lol.

Evidence is really wasted here as you seem to choose when you think it's evidence and when it isn't, no matter what it might be.

What a load of tosh. If you think an obscure newspaper link substantiates psudo-ITK claims like:

I say this because I know for a fact that Arsenal offered him a deal when we were in the top 4 challenge days and he turned it down.

...then that is your problem. That doesn't constitute any real evidence by anybody else's standards though I'm afraid.

Just to prove my point further though, here is 'evidence' that we tried to sign Jermaine Defoe in Lambert's first summer here (despite it clearly not fitting in with his or the club's modus operandi): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189734/Jermain-Defoe-Kenwyne-Jones-interesting-Paul-Lambert.html

I can throw in an unverifiable claim I heard from a friend of a friend if that will make you believe it further too.

So we just take your word as gospel in other words? I don't think so - you carry on picking and choosing.

In the simplest terms, if we don't beat Fulham, Lambert should go.

His reputation is in tatters, and it's not the fact he's had to work within fierce financial constraints. It's now because he's proving himself to be unable to motivate his own squad of players on a consistent basis. Never mind the inability to come up with a tactical plan to win games at home.

Â