Paul Lambert

limpid

Yes, experience means nothing if you aren't actually good enough to play at this level and Grant Holt wasn't even deemed to have the required fitness levels for the Championship by Uwe Rösler.

And how much has he featured, how pivotal has he been since arriving?

Yes, experience means nothing if you aren't actually good enough to play at this level and Grant Holt wasn't even deemed to have the required fitness levels for the Championship by Uwe Rösler.

And how much has he featured, how pivotal has he been since arriving?

The fact remains that he has offered precisely nothing whenever he has featured.

Edited by Isa

Agreed - and fair enough people saying "Grant Holt was a terrible loan signing", but you can't call a manager out for not following through on what he said... when he actually did.

Agreed - and fair enough people saying "Grant Holt was a terrible loan signing", but you can't call a manager out for not following through on what he said... when he actually did.

Agree.

Well, that's a level of pedantry that would make even me blush.  By "Premier League" experience, I think that most reasonable people would assume that it meant somebody who could come into the team and make some sort of positive impact straight away, without the need for a bedding in period.  Ie NOT another foreign youth player, and not some fat has been either.

Well, that's a level of pedantry that would make even me blush.  By "Premier League" experience, I think that most reasonable people would assume that it meant somebody who could come into the team and make some sort of positive impact straight away, without the need for a bedding in period.  Ie NOT another foreign youth player, and not some fat has been either.

I don't think Grant Holt has needed a bedding in period and he's certainly not a foreign youth player.

Unless "experience" = "quality" in some version of the English language that I'm not aware of, Holt is a Premier League experienced player but not a Premier League quality player.  I fail to see how that's being pedantic; it's two completely different things.

I've never like the whole idea of experience being equated to quality myself. The Holt signing should be blasted because he is simply not good enough and should never have been seen at this level again after he moved to Wigan.

So when

I don't think Grant Holt has needed a bedding in period and he's certainly not a foreign youth player.

Unless "experience" = "quality" in some version of the English language that I'm not aware of, Holt is a Premier League experienced player but not a Premier League quality player.  I fail to see how that's being pedantic; it's two completely different things.

So you think that Holt was going to go straight from being a fat, unfit, unwanted Championship player to banging them in in the Premier League with no bedding in period?  You are Paul Lambert and I claim my five pounds.  Why would anybody want "experience" is that experience wasn't of any use?  Bizarre.

The fact that it's to cover an inury and it's a loan, I really don't see why people are moaning so much. If anything it shows the money he had to work with in that window. He also maybe just wanted another mouth in the dressing room and around the place. He doesn't have to be just making an impact on the pitch.

• Like 2

So when

So you think that Holt was going to go straight from being a fat, unfit, unwanted Championship player to banging them in in the Premier League with no bedding in period?  You are Paul Lambert and I claim my five pounds.  Why would anybody want "experience" is that experience wasn't of any use?  Bizarre.

Holt isn't fat or unfit, though?  Lambert has worked with him before, knows his strengths and presumably has seen him as decent cover whilst Kozak is out - maybe even with the added boost of being more vocal around our quiet, young squad.

This experience is useful.  It doesn't make Grant Holt a good player.

Holt isn't fat or unfit, though?

He was deemed to unfit to play for Wigan so I'd argue he is.

Or the new manager that came in and didn't fancy him gave it as a reason to move him along and bring his own man in. Like Meulensteen said Bent was fat and unfit so he could play his own players.

So when

Holt isn't fat or unfit, though?  Lambert has worked with him before, knows his strengths and presumably has seen him as decent cover whilst Kozak is out - maybe even with the added boost of being more vocal around our quiet, young squad.

This experience is useful.  It doesn't make Grant Holt a good player.

Doesn't appear to be working very well on any level, unfortunately. 

Or the new manager that came in and didn't fancy him gave it as a reason to move him along and bring his own man in. Like Meulensteen said Bent was fat and unfit so he could play his own players.

Or both Rösler and Meulensteen were just telling the truth which is most likely.

Edited by Isa

Or both Rösler and Meulensteen were just telling the truth which is most likely.

Yep managers always tell it how it is.

Again, you are just relying on guesswork. There is no actual evidence to suggest Rösler is lying. In fact, many Wigan fans commented on how laboured his performances seemed throughout the season and it's no suprise he was dropped by Coyle towards the end of his short-lived reign. Also does this look like a fit player to you?

BeHctDhCcAAUld8.jpg

Because it certainly doesn't to me.

It looks like a man in a baggy jumper to me. Some of the assessments of the physical attributes of our squad confuse the shit out of me. If he is "fat" you can't tell from that picture. At least it's a more credible argument though than those saying Agbonlahor is fat.

• Like 1

Again, you are just relying on guesswork. There is no actual evidence to suggest Rösler is lying. In fact, many Wigan fans commented on how laboured his performances seemed throughout the season and it's no suprise he was dropped by Coyle towards the end of his short-lived reign. Also does this look like a fit player to you?

BeHctDhCcAAUld8.jpg

Because it certainly doesn't to me.

Well chosen image - there are others which show him looking far better, but prob doesn't suit.

Evidence is really wasted here as you seem to choose when you think it's evidence and when it isn't, no matter what it might be.

Collymore for example whilst not being a fan of the signing was the first to say don't read too much into the unfit clams as there was a lot more going on behind the scenes. Might not qualify on your evidence radar though.

Â