Paul Lambert

limpid

On 21/01/2018 at 10:27, PaulC said:

I actually like Lambert and feel if he had been given the backing that subsequent managers have been given ten he could have built something here. I only wish him well at Stoke. 

What he did at Norwich was very good and the majority of us where pleased when we appointed him.

Sadly it didn't go the way we expected it to and it remains to be seen if he is more than a mediocore manager at this level with landing the Stoke job.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Stoke have  a nice few games hell even Hughes woukd have won that one on Saturday.

When they start playing the mpre challenging teams then we will see what lambert made of

But Hughes got knocked out the cup by Coventry which is pathetic and unforgivable so no way would he have beaten Huddersfield.

• 3 weeks later...

Confirms he wanted to resign in the summer before signing a new contract. 

Confirmed he was waiting for the sack and was delighted when it happened. 

Absolute piece of shit

And people defend him

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Confirms he wanted to resign in the summer before signing a new contract. 

Confirmed he was waiting for the sack and was delighted when it happened. 

Absolute piece of shit

And people defend him

Where has he said this? If he has said this he is a bigger dick than sherwood.

If you wanted to resign you would have not signed a new contract for more money and getting a bigger pay off. Complete liar and tosser if as I say these comments are true

Paul Lambert has admitted he was ‘relieved’ to be sacked as Aston Villa boss

The claret and blues dismissed the Scot with three months of the 2014/15 campaign remaining as they stared relegation in the face, only to be saved for a season by Tim Sherwood.

Lambert worked on a tight budget and with the pressure of disinterested former chairman Randy Lerner pulling the plug on high-profile signings when investment in the squad was needed.

The owner’s absence and lack of communication added further strain onto Lambert who told the Telegraph how much it started to wear him down.

“I look back at some of the photos of me from my time at Aston Villa and I don’t recognise myself,” he said.

“I don’t look healthy and had put on a lot of weight.

“The actual pressure of it was incredible, so, in the end, it was a big relief to leave.”

Lambert, now manager of Stoke City, looks fit and refreshed.

He added:

"I met Walter Smith at a League Managers’ Association thing shortly after I left, he asked me how I felt getting the sack. Absolutely delighted, I said.

“He said he was the same at Everton. You know it’s coming, it’s just a matter of when.

“I loved Villa, but in hindsight did I over-protect them?

“Yeah, I probably did. I offered to resign (in the summer before his sacking) but they talked me out of it.

“The club was up for sale and the money was going. Maybe if I’d left then and not got sacked my reputation could have been better.”

So does he believe he can keep the Potters in the Premier League and how is he enjoying his new role?

I’ve never known the league as tight as this. I’ll still be surprised if it goes to the wire. If it does, I hope we’re nowhere near it.

“But that churning in your stomach on the morning of a game, I’ve missed it.

“That adrenalin rush, I can’t help getting involved.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-aston-villa-boss-paul-14260706

Absolutely delighted, I said.

“He said he was the same at Everton. You know it’s coming, it’s just a matter of when.

Given the fact he wanted to quit the previous summer and ended up signing a new deal. Given the shocking performances and results which were taking us towards relegation. I think this is the most disrespectful and disgusting thing an ex manager has said. 

Glad he has finally confirmed what some of us have known all along. 

rocket polisher of the highest order 

how can anyone defend him after this? wait until he starts flopping at stoke if he thinks villa fans are bad. stoke fans are even worse 

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I don't get it. I was expecting some horrible comments but all he's ostensibly said was the Villa job was a nightmare and took a lot out of him and he was happy to be sacked in the end.

But he said he wanted walk away end of season then signs new deal 3 games into season

• Like 1

Â