Paul Lambert

limpid

He gave Lerner a free ride by protecting him, he should have resigned and stated that the chairman was ruining the club - something we all knew - but it would have given us all the chance to fight for our club. Lerner and Lambert, alongside Sherwood and Fox are words removed of he highest order.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But he said he wanted walk away end of season then signs new deal 3 games into season

Says more about the idiots running our club that they would offer a (shite) manager who wanted out a new three year deal. Once he offered to resign they should have accepted immediately without hesitation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Says more about the idiots running our club that they would offer a (shite) manager who wanted out a new three year deal. Once he offered to resign they should have accepted immediately without hesitation.

Yep. Lambert took the pressure off the tattooed c**k face, so it was a deal worth chasing for them. It was always about protecting Lerner.

Edited by Dick

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Me neither. I imagine Lerner was a nightmare to work for. I too have been happy to leave jobs in my life.

So then just resign? dont "offer" 

Complete and utter liar. If you want to quit you do and then you certainly dont go on to sign a  new contract 

• Like 4

He says in that interview in hindsight he accepts that may have been a mistake. I don't get why people are upset by it.

What was our reaction to MON walking out over a matter of principle with Lerner and the things behind the scenes exactly?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I don't get it. I was expecting some horrible comments but all he's ostensibly said was the Villa job was a nightmare and took a lot out of him and he was happy to be sacked in the end.

Delighted to be sacked. 

Maybe quit then, don't risk the future of the club by taking it down while waiting to be delighted with a payoff. A payoff earned after signing a new deal when he wanted to walk away. 

Guess i shouldn't be surprised some continue to defend him. 

24 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

He says in that interview in hindsight he accepts that may have been a mistake. I don't get why people are upset by it.

What was our reaction to MON walking out over a matter of principle with Lerner and the things behind the scenes exactly?

Well he walked out 5 days before season started, that rocket polisher knew what he was doing

Principle my arse

23 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was furious with O'Neill 

No one is saying Lerner was a saint, we all know he was a goon. But lambert trying to drum up sympathy is pathetic. No one forced him to sign a new deal. If he offered to resign he quite easily could have but he signed because he wanted the pay off. He didn't care about the fans or club, he was more interested in his bank balance. Thats why I am personally angry at him. 

I would have respected him more if he had said I gave it my all but the move didn't work out as i planned. its  a great club and i wish them well. But instead he spits out garbage like this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Him and Garde pretty much did the managerial version of what Richards (and Gabby) does.

Just sitting on fat contracts doing f all waiting to get sacked or have them run out.

Yes, difficult times but I have no respect for them.

Lambert should have been sacked after that first December period. He was broken after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't begrudge any manager a pay off, and waiting for the sack but it did look like in the end he had absolutely given up on us, which is unforgiveable. He didn't even bother to hire an assistant or replace his coaching staff IIRC.

Shay given assistant at one point after he bomb squaded him

• Haha 1

We can see the long term implications relegation can have on the club. And he was happy to risk that for a payout. No belief he could turn it round, no belief things would improve. Just waiting for the sack and delighted when it happened. 

I'm always amazed when some put individuals above the club they say they love and support. Happened with lerner as well. Strange. 

We picked up a shocking losing mentality under Lambert, I'm not sure we're entirely over it?

That said, two thirds of the problems weren't under his control.

Randoid clearly wanted an econo-team just to tread water as he extricated himself from his now unwanted toy.

Then the injuries. At the time I couldn't remember a Prem team being so hamstrung by long running injuries to key players.

It was a perfect shit storm.

I'd see Bennett on the team sheet and plan my day around avoiding any Villa news :(

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Well he walked out 5 days before season started, that rocket polisher knew what he was doing

Principle my arse

Of course he did but something also changed behind the scenes.

I don't condone what MON did how he did when he did it in any way, however at the same time he lit the candle if you will against the chairman that eventually starting our plight that eventually resulted us to relegation years later.

Everything was going good until from that point onwards this club declined - for what or why we may never truelly know the full ins and outs.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I think the comments have been exaggerated/taken out of context by those that want to add them to their arsenal.

Delighted is probably the wrong word to use, but from the context you can see what he means.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'm always amazed when some put individuals above the club they say they love and support. Happened with lerner as well. Strange. 

No one has done. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Guess i shouldn't be surprised some continue to defend him. 

Urgh, stop with the holier than thou crap, please. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He said he was relieved to be sacked in the **** interview.  Some people just love to make mountains out of molehills.

He thinks he wants to resign, the board talk him round.  He probably weighs up having an income and a job versus being unemployed (and the football world isn't exactly a reliable employer), listens to what the board say and thinks "OK, I'll stay on".  Eventually, he gets sacked and finds the pressure being lifted a relief.

MAN, WHAT A HORRIBLE GUY.  **** hell :D 

He said delighted. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the comments have been exaggerated/taken out of context by those that want to add them to their arsenal.

Delighted is probably the wrong word to use, but from the context you can see what he means.

And likewise, i think they will be downplayed from those who want to continue to defend him.

The context is clear. He clearly said he was waiting for it to happen (which puts to bed the myth he was hanging around because he believed he could turn it round rather than get paid) and then said he was delighted it did. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

And likewise, i think they will be downplayed from those who want to continue to defend him.

The context is clear. He clearly said he was waiting for it to happen (which puts to bed the myth he was hanging around because he believed he could turn it round rather than get paid) and then said he was delighted it did. 

"The context is clear" yet you seem to be ignoring it.

The context of him using the word delighted is obvious.

I don't defend him these days. i think the last season he was in charge was some of the worst football I've ever seen us play and we were a dreadful football team.

But you're exaggerating these comments massively.

Â