Paul Lambert

limpid

My opinion on Lambert is that he is doing a decent job. Look at the players at the club, they aren't good enough for this level. The spine of the team is strong, Guzan, Vlaar, Delph Benteke, but some of the others are championship standard.

But Lambert signed them.

Dictated by funding. 

It was Lambert who decided how to spend it.

• Like 3

My opinion on Lambert is that he is doing a decent job. Look at the players at the club, they aren't good enough for this level. The spine of the team is strong, Guzan, Vlaar, Delph Benteke, but some of the others are championship standard.

We're shit, but the manager's doing a good job.

Yeah that makes sense.

Let me explain. Because of financial restraints, he has not been able to sign good players, he can only afford to sign Championship standard players. So some of the players are not good enough for this league, yet the manager has kept the club in this league. Also I said decent job, not good.

• Like 2

But Lambert signed them.

Dictated by funding. 

If that was true where are Kiyotake and Lukaku? 

But with the money available he can't sign anyone better then what he has.

He bought Luna, Tonev and Helenius who look like they wont be getting much time on the pitch this season. That's £ 4-6m that could have been grouped together and spend on a better player.

If that was true where are Kiyotake and Lukaku? 

Ask JulieB

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

I am very much in the wait and see camp.  I want to wait and see what he does when hopefully he does get some money in the summer.  It is pretty much an impossible job he has at the moment.  Not sure anyone else gettable would do any better.  However, that doesnt stop him being criticised.  He has been poor overall imo, I expected better tbh.  Bit of a dissapointment.

• Like 1

He bought Luna, Tonev and Helenius who look like they wont be getting much time on the pitch this season. That's £ 4-6m that could have been grouped together and spend on a better player.

These is kind of nonsense, NO managers have a perfect transfer records none of them! Its soooo easy in hindsight, if Lambert knew Luna would not work out he wouldn’t have signed him.

Nobody forced Lambert to buy a load of cheap lower league and foreign players that, for the most part, are not up to standard to play at Premier League level (borne out by the fact that he doesn't select a number of them on match day).

Yes, he had a limited budget but, as a previous poster has stated, he could have bought fewer players of better quality and in the positions we needed strengthening the most.

He has bought/loaned 3 left backs and 4 strikers in his time here when we are crying out for another decent centre half and a creative midfielder.

Surely this ineptness is enough to ask serious questions of his ability as a Premier League manager!

• Like 1

Nobody forced Lambert to buy a load of cheap lower league and foreign players that, for the most part, are not up to standard to play at Premier League level (borne out by the fact that he doesn't select a number of them on match day).

Yes, he had a limited budget but, as a previous poster has stated, he could have bought fewer players of better quality and in the positions we needed strengthening the most.

He has bought/loaned 3 left backs and 4 strikers in his time here when we are crying out for another decent centre half and a creative midfielder.

Surely this ineptness is enough to ask serious questions of his ability as a Premier League manager!

Who do you want to replace Lambert? 

Spongebob Squarepants

• Like 1

Almost anyone would do.

These is kind of nonsense, NO managers have a perfect transfer records none of them! Its soooo easy in hindsight, if Lambert knew Luna would not work out he wouldn’t have signed him.

Lambert very nearly does have a perfect transfer record.  Almost every single player he's bought has been awful, apart from a couple.

• Like 2

But with the money available he can't sign anyone better then what he has.

Possibly true. However, he could have spent a little more money on fewer players and not been so hasty about getting rid of the `bomb squad'.

We finished with more points with the 'worst Villa squad of all time' compared to the McLeish squad that contained much of the bomb squad and other overpaid and older players.

Almost anyone would do.

Nah. Curbushley, McLeish and David O'Leary come under the "anyone" bracket. I'm good

• Like 1

Spongebob Squarepants

That says it all.

A stupid answer to a stupid question.

I made some very valid points and you asked me a question on a subject that I never even mentioned.

How was it a stupid question when the subject revolves around Lambert? Surely if PL is failing you have somebody in your mind to replace him with? It is all airy-fairy stuff.

Spongebob Squarepants

That says it all.

A stupid answer to a stupid question.

I made some very valid points and you asked me a question on a subject that I never even mentioned.

How was it a stupid question when the subject revolves around Lambert? Surely if PL is failing you have somebody in your mind to replace him with? It is all airy-fairy stuff.

Please tell me which part of my post (if not all) is 'airy fairy'.

In addition, if you believe that I have to have someone in mind to replace him because I believe that he is failing then you must think that he is not failing because you have not suggested a replacement (your logic not mine).

I don't think he'll ever have a job as big as Villa if he leaves or is sacked

Depends. People forget his Norwich team were above us in the league and his last game was a 2-0 nil win against us. It screams of Joe Mercer.

No disrespect, but it seems your the only one who still fully backs lambert!

Maybe I know there is nobody better out there who we could attract under Lerner.

You know for sure? 

Â