Paul Lambert

limpid

Everyone here is so fickle it's unbelievable. One moment Lambert's doing a great job cutting costs whilst achieving relative success, the next he's worse than McLeish, and everyone's calling for his head.

Unbelievable...

Edited by RDW

Everyone here is so fickle it's unbelievable. One moment Lambert's doing a great job cutting costs whilst achieving relative success, the next he's worse than McLeish, and everyone's calling for his head.

Unbelievable...

Excuse me, but I've been pretty reasoned and based on the facts, there's not much defence for Lambert.

Presumably you think he's doing a good job then?

• Like 1

I wouldn't be overly sad to see Lambert depart but wouldn't really expect much more from whoever came in as it stands also I think it would be interesting to how he'd do with some backing. As it happens I think he'll leave when Randy leaves.

Okay its like this... No matter what you think of Lamberts ability as a manager, he wont be getting the sack. The time to let him go was in Jan and let another manager get a few of his players in. We get a new manager in at this stage, they have a free ticket to get us relegated and no blame will be attributed.

Personally i want to stick with Lambert, he kept us up last year and he will this season again. Everything can then be reevaluated come summer.

So for the next 3 months there is only one thing we need to do. Get behind him and the team!

Everyone here is so fickle it's unbelievable. One moment Lambert's doing a great job cutting costs whilst achieving relative success, the next he's worse than McLeish, and everyone's calling for his head.

Unbelievable...

I am sure that one of our stattos will provide the relevant information, but he can't be far off being worse than McLeish

Everyone here is so fickle it's unbelievable. One moment Lambert's doing a great job cutting costs whilst achieving relative success, the next he's worse than McLeish, and everyone's calling for his head.

Unbelievable...

I am sure that one of our stattos will provide the relevant information, but he can't be far off being worse than McLeish

Under McLeish we averaged 1pt per home game. Under Lambert it's less than a point. There's more where that came from as well

Unbelievable...

Not me.  I've never once thought he was doing even an OK job.

• Like 2

Unbelievable...

I think you may find that those of us that don't rate Lambert are not prone to continuous changing of our outlook so the word 'fickle' is probably not correct.

• Like 2

Unbelievable...

Excuse me, but I've been pretty reasoned and based on the facts, there's not much defence for Lambert.

Presumably you think he's doing a good job then?

I have no problem with your opinion at all. I don't care wether you like Lambert or not. What gets on my nerves is the way the opinion fluctuates between extremes. And for the record, I'm pro Lambert, but I can see where you're coming from.

• Like 1

Unbelievable...

Under McLeish we averaged 1pt per home game. Under Lambert it's less than a point. There's more where that came from as well

Don't know about you, but I'd rather finish 15th with a promising young team including Benteke, Vlaar and Bertrand on relatively small wages, than finish 16th with an aeging team including Heskey, Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock on unsustainable wages.

Unbelievable...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather finish 15th with a promising young team including Benteke, Vlaar and Bertrand on relatively small wages, than finish 16th with an aeging team including Heskey, Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock on unsustainable wages.
I'm not saying id want McLeish back, all I'm saying is that we were awful when he was in charge, yet we had a better points average at home. Edited by benireduk

Lambert got a three year deal. His job was to change this club and the playing staff upside down. When he is at the end of his first three years at the club, we will know if he has succeded. In the meantime, keep calm and carry on.

He might relegate us this season, then it will be obvious just how badly he's failed.

Â