Paul Lambert

limpid

Would anyone even be talking of sacking him if the home and away forms were switched? Or if each was a mixed bag rather than us being very bad at home and very good away?

which do think is most likely to happen if anything does......Home form improves or away forms fades away ?

Your Home form should be your fortress,its where you entertain your paying customers,its where you reward your season ticket holders for commitment and loyalty, its where you usually build your belief from....its basically everything, its your platform....its where your box holders entertain and spend fortunes...they must feel like laughing stocks.

We are not even drawing now, its just a nailed on defeat.... We are now getting beat regulary by teams arguably worse than us.

Our Home form should be the topic of calling an extraordinary meeting for the powers that be, its that serious and it has been allowed to go on for far too long.

Our Home form is now becoming an epitome of how badly this club is being run for allowing this to go on for as long as it has, without any kind of centred redress.....its appalling.

what is it now guys 11 wins in about 50 home games....HOW HAS THAT BEEN ALLOWED TO GO ON.

SHOCKING

Spot on.. Look at Mourinho's Chelsea sides (yes it's a completely different situation but the argument is the same). They do not lose at home. They will fight back from losing to protect the home score. I haven't been to an away game this season pure and simple because the home games depress me and I don't want to spend anymore money watching them. If the home form was better I'd consider more away games. People may see this as fickle, but at the end of the day I need to justify to myself such an expense

Would anyone even be talking of sacking him if the home and away forms were switched? Or if each was a mixed bag rather than us being very bad at home and very good away?

which do think is most likely to happen if anything does......Home form improves or away forms fades away ?

Your Home form should be your fortress,its where you entertain your paying customers,its where you reward your season ticket holders for commitment and loyalty, its where you usually build your belief from....its basically everything, its your platform....its where your box holders entertain and spend fortunes...they must feel like laughing stocks.

We are not even drawing now, its just a nailed on defeat.... We are now getting beat regulary by teams arguably worse than us.

Our Home form should be the topic of calling an extraordinary meeting for the powers that be, its that serious and it has been allowed to go on for far too long.

Our Home form is now becoming an epitome of how badly this club is being run for allowing this to go on for as long as it has, without any kind of centred redress.....its appalling.

what is it now guys 11 wins in about 50 home games....HOW HAS THAT BEEN ALLOWED TO GO ON.

SHOCKING

Spot on.. Look at Mourinho's Chelsea sides (yes it's a completely different situation but the argument is the same). They do not lose at home. They will fight back from losing to protect the home score. I haven't been to an away game this season pure and simple because the home games depress me and I don't want to spend anymore money watching them. If the home form was better I'd consider more away games. People may see this as fickle, but at the end of the day I need to justify to myself such an expense

You know that stat and defence of Lambert that he's shored up our defence, well after 13 games at home last season we'd conceded 19 goals this season we've conceded 21. 

That's just at home though. What are the away defence stats like?

SHOCKING[/

Double post

Edited by mikeyp102

I'd have Steve McClaren over Lambert anyday.

I think he's gettable, and I think as our players are mostly inexperienced/young they'd respect him.

.....Its anybody's guess.

I think Lambert was "trying" to sort out the home form with bringing in a Number 10 (yes the mythical one) in Jan.... We must have put all our eggs in a Hoolahan shaped basket which is kind of scarey to be full honest... I know we might not be what we where when we where pushing top 4 and that now the finances are constricted to next to nothing, but who else could we get in that would do a better job given the finances etc?

Lambert's had to change the whole team which yes was his choice but the other way would have stood us in worse stead! (My opinion)..

If we could change the home form we would be looking far better this season, if we are to play Clark and Baker we need to have a rigid system where we can protect our Center halfs as well as create chances (What we struggled with in the 1st half Saturday!)

----------------------Guzan

------------------Clark----Baker

Lowton-----------------------------Bertrand

-----------------Sylla-----Delph

Albrighton------------------------Tonev (yes I know -_-)

----------------Benteke----Agbonlahor

Using a system like that we could have Sylla holding the center of the park, winning the ball with Delph then allowed to be the ball playing midfielder, he has the flair to pick a pass, let him do so!

Using Albrighton and Tonev as wingers would allow us an outlet other than benteke so we can move up the pitch easier than long balls up to the big lad!

Means we can then keep the ball more! We are going to struggle to win games if we don't have the sodding ball!! (Obviously lol)

Tonev would have to be urged not to shoot every 2 seconds and be told get the ball, look up, get to the byline, swing it in the box. Albrighton does this on command so I'm pretty sure we can get it into Tonev to do so too! (Plus Tonev has 2 good feet so he can cross on either side, also can whip in corners!)

We have one of the best Strikers in the league when the balls in the air in Benteke so lets use that IN the box... not on throw ins in our own half... Gabby can get his head on the ball and his pace when teams are trying to take the game to us at home would pay dividends!

Also if Tonev decides he's still going to act like a cannon we can put Bacuna in there instead... then we have deadball situations sorted!

This probably makes no sense but hey few things I have in my head about the way we play at home....

We need a proper DM and an attacking mid in the summer... That is a must!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc
  • Like 4

You know that stat and defence of Lambert that he's shored up our defence, well after 13 games at home last season we'd conceded 19 goals this season we've conceded 21. 

The point is Mantis is you'd want the defence improved both home and away not just improved so significantly away (in part down to an 8 0 thrashing) that it means the overall goal difference is better.

I think Lambert was "trying" to sort out the home form with bringing in a Number 10 (yes the mythical one) in Jan.... We must have put all our eggs in a Hoolahan shaped basket which is kind of scarey to be full honest... I know we might not be what we where when we where pushing top 4 and that now the finances are constricted to next to nothing, but who else could we get in that would do a better job given the finances etc?

Lambert's had to change the whole team which yes was his choice but the other way would have stood us in worse stead! (My opinion)..

If we could change the home form we would be looking far better this season, if we are to play Clark and Baker we need to have a rigid system where we can protect our Center halfs as well as create chances (What we struggled with in the 1st half Saturday!)

Using a system like that we could have Sylla holding the center of the park, winning the ball with Delph then allowed to be the ball playing midfielder, he has the flair to pick a pass, let him do so!

Using Albrighton and Tonev as wingers would allow us an outlet other than benteke so we can move up the pitch easier than long balls up to the big lad!

Means we can then keep the ball more! We are going to struggle to win games if we don't have the sodding ball!! (Obviously lol)

Tonev would have to be urged not to shoot every 2 seconds and be told get the ball, look up, get to the byline, swing it in the box. Albrighton does this on command so I'm pretty sure we can get it into Tonev to do so too! (Plus Tonev has 2 good feet so he can cross on either side, also can whip in corners!)

We have one of the best Strikers in the league when the balls in the air in Benteke so lets use that IN the box... not on throw ins in our own half... Gabby can get his head on the ball and his pace when teams are trying to take the game to us at home would pay dividends!

Also if Tonev decides he's still going to act like a cannon we can put Bacuna in there instead... then we have deadball situations sorted!

This probably makes no sense but hey few things I have in my head about the way we play at home....

And please can we leave some players up front when defending sodding corners as when the ball gets cleared it comes straight back again and the opposition send all their players up for the corners as they know there's no Villa players to be aware of!!!!  Makes my f***** head ache watching it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Our away form isn't very good. We are smack bang in the middle of the away form table.

Quite right. Our home performance is abysmal and our away form is average, which is adding up to us slipping into a relegation struggle unless we dramatically improve one or both.

• Like 1

I think playing with 2 wingers we would be overrun in midfield

4-2-3-1 for me with a winger being one of the 3....I like the idea of 2 Dms in front of the 2 centre halves, for a while at least until we stop conceding so easily.

or as Ricky Tomlinson says in his latest Radio advert for Vauxhall......4-4-4....if only, we may have a chance.lol

Edited by TRO

4-2-3-1 for me with a winger being one of the 3

or as Ricky Tomlinson says in his latest Radio advert for Vauxhall......4-4-4....if only, we may have a chance.lol

Generally agree with you but how much more could we be overrun in midfield? We get ~30% possession every other game anyway. 

4-2-3-1 for me with a winger being one of the 3....I like the idea of 2 Dms in front of the 2 centre halves, for a while at least until we stop conceding so easily.

Indeed  4-2-3-1 would allow us to use the width of the pitch and still have a solid center, then have Albie on one side and Gabby the other... have Delph and Sylla as the 2, then Westwood a little further forward but behind Gabby and Albrighton maybe?

4-2-3-1 for me with a winger being one of the 3

Generally agree with you but how much more could we be overrun in midfield? We get ~30% possession every other game anyway. 

True, but i think 2 is a "bridge to far"  wingers are always an interesting topic of debate.

Alf Ramsey never had any, his philosophy was, they don'e work hard enough are a bit of a luxury.

Class defenders will negate them ,but hey, its an opinion.

I favour a compromise - one

Midfield is an area in the modern game where you really do need a shift from.....unless we had 2 really powerful,dominant centre mids, i would not go with 2 wingers.

• Like 1

The point is Mantis is you'd want the defence improved both home and away not just improved so significantly away (in part down to an 8 0 thrashing) that it means the overall goal difference is better.

I couldn't really care less if our home defence was slightly worse - just so long our defence is better overall.

Pretty sure that if we had a worse defence overall this seaosn but a better defence at home then it would be laughed off if used to try and defend Lambert.

Edited by Mantis

We will stick with him. It's obvious. So in that case I'm just getting behind the team to get them 13 points ASAP and plan for next season.

I think the summer will be an interesting one (takeovers, budget changes, better quality players? Etc.) and I think if come the start of next season if we haven't addressed issue we all know we have within the squad and sign some proper players then I really wonder tbh.

I'm behind him now cause I/we got no choice, but he does annoy me sometimes. It's obvious we are a good attacking footballing side when we want to be but it just baffles me why one week we look half decent and the next week look like headless chickens playing long shots with Guzan and the other teams keeper. Setting this team out 'not to lose ' don't work. McLiesh just about did it with a more experienced defence.

What's shocking is that this man still don't know his best 11 still. Wonder of deep down he thinks we are as s*** as we do?

• Like 1

Â