Paul Lambert

limpid

I'd have Steve McClaren over Lambert anyday.

:crylaugh: No you would not.
Predictable response that I knew would come when I suggested his name. His managerial career shits all over Lambert's, plus he's an excellent coach which is what our team desperately needs right now than an old fashioned manager.

Isn't McClaren the guy who somebody throw a season ticket towards at VillaBoro?  

We can band any name about but the fact is the pro Lambert people will scoff at it. 

From a personal view, I would take McClaren over Lambert. I would also take Malky McKay and Michael Laudrup. Would they do a better job? Who knows! But as I have said before, using a defence of 'whoever comes in might be worse' is no way to run a club as grand as ours. If basically gives Lambert free licence to be shit.

I was glad we appointed Lambert at the time and I thought towards the end of last season the future was encouraging. However, we have gone backwards massively. The rot can't be allowed to continue. 

• Like 1

If we've gone backwards "massively" then how come we've been doing better results and points wise pretty much all season?

Before my words get twisted beyond all meaning as usual, I think Lambert has a lot to answer for.

If we've gone backwards "massively" then how come we've been doing better results and points wise pretty much all season?

Before my words get twisted beyond all meaning as usual, I think Lambert has a lot to answer for.

A well placed caveat.  :D

Much better? If we lose tomorrow we are only 3 pts bette roff than last season. I don't quite see that as a massive progression

Please tell me which part of my post (if not all) is 'airy fairy'.

In addition, if you believe that I have to have someone in mind to replace him because I believe that he is failing then you must think that he is not failing because you have not suggested a replacement (your logic not mine).

Given the circumstances who could do better? Any manager in charge is going to be accused of failing, it really does not matter until real funding is produced.
Edited by GENTLEMAN

Performance wise. The lack of a coherent plan or formation. I think we are very lucky that there a lot of poor teams in the league. I think we'll survive but our performances have got worse, even if the points tally has improved. Quite some feat by Lambert come to think about it!  :D

Ive said for a while its 50/50 he starts next season - and despite the contract talks - Its not a forgone conclusion he will be here next season.  Those daft comments about Randy attending matches but sitting in a different seat, the completely false quotes about prices paid for players, - Thats pushed me to brink.

That said - I am fickle, give me a manager who wins games, and I will like him - if he doesn't i  won't. He had a disastrous summer transfer window, failed to correct the obvious lack of cover @ CB - the young hungry's he signed in his very first window - haven't improved in season 2......would a wedge of Lerners cash help him - I am now not so sure. - We seem on as flimsy foundations now as we did when he arrived - sure we good way up the table, but Cardiff and Norwich up soon how long will that last.  

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 3

A loss tomorrow is unacceptable

But no doubt there will be at least a few excuses for him probably more than we have shots on target during a match

A loss to West Ham was unacceptable but I fear that Lambert could lose every game from now until the end of the season and he would still be here until the final whistle blows on the final game.

It must be so gratifying to know that you can go to work and screw up and still not get the sack until the fat lady sings and then, when you finally do go, you get a huge financial settlement.

Ive said for a while its 50/50 he starts next season - and despite the contract talks - Its not a forgone conclusion he will be here next season.  Those daft comments about Randy attending matches but sitting in a different seat, the completely false quotes about prices paid for players, - Thats pushed me to brink.

How can things you have no way of verifying push you to the brink?

We can band any name about but the fact is the pro Lambert people will scoff at it. 

From a personal view, I would take McClaren over Lambert. I would also take Malky McKay and Michael Laudrup. Would they do a better job? Who knows! But as I have said before, using a defence of 'whoever comes in might be worse' is no way to run a club as grand as ours. If basically gives Lambert free licence to be shit.

I was glad we appointed Lambert at the time and I thought towards the end of last season the future was encouraging. However, we have gone backwards massively. The rot can't be allowed to continue. 

How does it give Lambert free reign to be shit? His reputation is going to be damaged by doing poorly, look at DOL and AMC they have never recovered from being sacked here. Lambert has more to lose in the long term by giving up or intentionally being shite, which is total rubbish.
Edited by GENTLEMAN

A loss tomorrow is unacceptable

But no doubt there will be at least a few excuses for him probably more than we have shots on target during a match

A loss to West Ham was unacceptable but I fear that Lambert could lose every game from now until the end of the season and he would still be here until the final whistle blows on the final game.

It must be so gratifying to know that you can go to work and screw up and still not get the sack until the fat lady sings and then, when you finally do go, you get a huge financial settlement.

This thought has crossed my mind. With Lerner away with the fairies, and Faulkner knowing almost zero about football - its pretty easy for Lambo to talk a good a game .....just who is he answerable to ?

The one thing that confuses me most is that we don't seem to have a plan, or a strongest team or formation. I just can't see what Lambert is trying to do or what his vision is? He doesn't seem to know what his best team. I think someone described him as a tinkerman and its true. We just seem to throw 11 players on the pitch and expect them to perform. Maybe I've not articulated it well enough but that's what I get from watching us.

Plus the home form is enough to make me sob! 

• Like 2

How does it give Lambert a free reign to be shit? His reputation is going to be damaged by doing poorly, look at DOL and AMC they have never recovered from being sacked here. Lambert has more to lose in the long term by giving up or intentionally being shite, which is total rubbish.

Well if you believe what he says - he's up for a 3 year contract - true managing a bottom half Aston Villa to 4 home wins a season isn't a stepping stone to the Barcelona job, - but its keeping a roof over his head !

How does it give Lambert free reign to be shit? His reputation is going to be damaged by doing poorly, look at DOL and AMC they have never recovered from being sacked here. Lambert has more to lose in the long term by giving up or intentionally being shite, which is total rubbish.

I didn't mean it as intentionally being shit, apologies, I didn't word it well. 

What I was trying to say is that the fear of someone coming in and doing worse is allowing the current situation to continue. Ah I know what I want to say but can't get it written down! I'll come back after a cup of tea. Mind is scrambled! 

The one thing that confuses me most is that we don't seem to have a plan, or a strongest team or formation. I just can't see what Lambert is trying to do or what his vision is? He doesn't seem to know what his best team. I think someone described him as a tinkerman and its true. We just seem to throw 11 players on the pitch and expect them to perform. Maybe I've not articulated it well enough but that's what I get from watching us.

Plus the home form is enough to make me sob! 

I think from 11th place down - what keeps you up is having a guy who can put the ball in the net - hence why lambert signs so many strikers - if one of them hits a purple patch in the next few weeks we stay up. We have 3 , Gabby, Weiman, or Benteke or could do that - at the moment none are in great form. Contrast that with WBA - who have no such players

Hello guys,

Lambert has admitted we were poor on Saturday.

How magnanimous of him.

How about all the other times and the fact that we were not just poor last Saturday we have been poor for the majority of his tenure and there are no clear signs anything is going to change anytime soon?

Please tell me which part of my post (if not all) is 'airy fairy'.

In addition, if you believe that I have to have someone in mind to replace him because I believe that he is failing then you must think that he is not failing because you have not suggested a replacement (your logic not mine).

Given the circumstances who could do better? Any manager in charge is going to be accused of failing, it really does not matter until real funding is produced.

That is working on the premise that anyone replacing Lambert wouldn't improve upon what has gone on before and lets face it, to date it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that someone could improve us considering Lambert's record with us.

• Like 1

Â