Paul Lambert

limpid

If Okore and Vlaar, or one of them, were playing against West Ham they would not have had a sniff against us. 

You seem pretty confident. How many times have you seen Okore play a full 90 minutes to form this opinion?

I saw him play for us against Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool. He performed very well and looked so composed on the ball. Particular the Newcastle game, we were playing out from the back and building attacks.

If Okore and Vlaar, or one of them, were playing against West Ham they would not have had a sniff against us. 

You seem pretty confident. How many times have you seen Okore play a full 90 minutes to form this opinion?

I saw him play for us against Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool. He performed very well and looked so composed on the ball. Particular the Newcastle game, we were playing out from the back and building attacks.

So about one and a half games during which time we've conceded 3 goals and didn't keep a clean sheet in either.

I'd have Steve McClaren over Lambert anyday.

:crylaugh: No you would not.
Predictable response that I knew would come when I suggested his name. His managerial career shits all over Lambert's, plus he's an excellent coach which is what our team desperately needs right now than an old fashioned manager.

:crylaugh: No you would not.

I would.

I would rather have Fungi from Benfits streets in charge than Steve McClaren..

Agreed but now Laurup is a free agent?

Please explain to me why people think laudrup is so good?  It would be a sideways step at best and a sideways step that would cost a few quid.

But Okore has been a long term injury for months now and we don't know if he will be fully back this season yet and Vlaar has always been prone to injuries at this time of the year. Yet like the AM Lambert or the club have failed to address both these areas in January? Yet an injury to our second string striker and we have covered him almost immediately when we arguably had sufficient cover in the existing squad? I think sometimes Lambert just doesn't know what to do so he tries one obvious solution and if that don't work he's stuffed, a bit like his game day tactics?  

• Like 1

:crylaugh: No you would not.
Predictable response that I knew would come when I suggested his name. His managerial career shits all over Lambert's, plus he's an excellent coach which is what our team desperately needs right now than an old fashioned manager.

Isn't McClaren the guy who somebody throw a season ticket towards at VillaBoro?  

But Okore has been a long term injury for months now and we don't know if he will be fully back this season yet and Vlaar has always been prone to injuries at this time of the year. Yet like the AM Lambert or the club have failed to address both these areas in January? Yet an injury to our second string striker and we have covered him almost immediately when we arguably had sufficient cover in the existing squad? I think sometimes Lambert just doesn't know what to do so he tries one obvious solution and if that don't work he's stuffed, a bit like his game day tactics?  

It all comes back to funding from Lerner. It is not going to change whoever is the manager IMO, sacking Lambert is window dressing.

Well he was at fault for Liverpools only goal with some completely naive defending on sturridge. The newcastle game he played half an hour for gods sake. You can't form an opinion on him based on less then 2 complete games and you certainly can't say from those matches that west ham wouldn't have had a sniff if he was playing.

Edited by villanmac

Well he was at fault for Liverpools only goal with some completely naive defending on sturridge. The newcastle game he played half an hour for gods sake. You can't form an opinion on him based on less then 2 complete games and you certainly can't say from those matches that west ham wouldn't have had a sniff he was playing.

Okore forced DS back and defends well if you watch the move. Actually it was Agbonlahor who surrenders possession for the Liverpool goal, it was then Vlaar and Luna who were at fault when the ball was played through to Sturridge. Nevertheless it was a good goal by DS. West Ham do not have anybody like Sturridge in their team.

I can have an opinion, I am fairly confident him and Vlaar would have done a lot better on Saturday and in many other games this season. It demonstrates the lack of quality in the CB position and that is down to funding, nothing else.

My opinion on Lambert is that he is doing a decent job. Look at the players at the club, they aren't good enough for this level. The spine of the team is strong, Guzan, Vlaar, Delph Benteke, but some of the others are championship standard.

• Like 1

My opinion on Lambert is that he is doing a decent job. Look at the players at the club, they aren't good enough for this level. The spine of the team is strong, Guzan, Vlaar, Delph Benteke, but some of the others are championship standard.

But Lambert signed them.

I know it is pedantic but I would say lower half premiership standard.

But Lambert signed them.

Dictated by funding. 

We're shit, but the manager's doing a good job.

Yeah that makes sense.

Â