Paul Lambert

limpid

He's still done a good job. Comparing him to other Villa managers is meaningless, because they all came into better situations. The lack of money and the awful squad he inherited is why villa aren't better now. No, his tactics aren't perfect and some of the transfers have been poor, but every manager messes lots of transfers up. Like Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino. With the budget he's had, to have Villa where they are, is better than most would've done.

He's still done a good job. Comparing him to other Villa managers is meaningless, because they all came into better situations. The lack of money and the awful squad he inherited is why villa aren't better now. No, his tactics aren't perfect and some of the transfers have been poor, but every manager messes lots of transfers up. Like Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino. With the budget he's had, to have Villa where they are, is better than most would've done.

Don't think many people see the bigger picture because of some of the results and football we've played imo, you just cant keep losing at home and expect to keep the fans onside. His record is not even close to being good enough.

Don't think many people see the bigger picture because of some of the results and football we've played imo, you just cant keep losing at home and expect to keep the fans onside. His record is not even close to being good enough.

He has the same or a better record than many clubs in the prem. it's not what villa as a club are used to, but what exactly is good enough on his budget? Survival is tough to achieve with the current financial restrictions compared to other clubs. It's not ideal, but the blame shouldn't lie at the feet of Lambert.

Fact of the matter is, Lambert has not yet proved his worth. I mean any manager could have shifted players like Lambert has and any manager could have improved on McLeish though Lamberts even struggling with that!!

Yeah any manager could just sign a young striker who would score 19 goals in his first season in the premiership and basically keep us up, easy isn't it?  I mean its not like he has basically put a completely new squad together in 1 season with an average value of 2.5m per player.    

The real easy thing to do is make statements like you just have!

Truth is its a hard job for any manager and Lambert is by no means doing an amazing job especially tactics wise but overall he has done a decent job taking everything into account. In the summer we should hopefully be signing the types of players that will push us onto the next level. Then Lambert can be properly judged when hes not restricted to having to sign lower league and young unproven players to fill our squad.  

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Agricultural, shapeless, hit-and-hope football. It was embarrassing to turn up to work after the weekend. I've taken Wednesday off just in case :(

Personally with how the football has gone backwards, I think lambert should go if we lose to Cardiff.

I was all for giving him 3 summers to build but it's frightening how poor we've looked this season.

Do these people that still rate Lambert actually see the games? No tactics, hit and hope, poor substitutions, no plan B (mind you no plan A) a pigheaded attitude to keep reverting to a style of play that is not working when he has shown at times adifferent way works but goes back to one that doesn't.

His personality does not inspire and his blatant lying as regards Lerner was the last straw for me - don't take me for a mug - he has to do a lot to earn  my respect as it is in the gutter at the moment.

I accept Lerner has not helped but this man has not made the bes tof the significant cash he has had.

Edited by Denis_B
  • Like 1

Do these people that still rate Lambert actually see the games? No tactics, hit and hope, poor substitutions, no plan B (mind you no plan A) a pigheaded attitude to keep reverting to a style of play that is not working when he has shown at times adifferent way works but goes back to one that doesn't.

His personality does not inspire and his blatant lying as regards Lerner was the last straw for me - don't take me for a mug - he has to do a lot to earn  my respect as it is in the gutter at the moment.

I accept Lerner has not helped but this man has not made the bes tof the significant cash he has had.

This for me to.  Does he really think we are that guilible to beleive this?  - He did the same thing over transfer fee's paid for players - When the accounts proved he was lying through his teeth.

That said,swapping mangers every couple of season's won't progress us. But if Benteke leaves in the summer, have we progressed at all over the past 2 seasons ? - is there any more of a foundation now, than there was when Mcleish - sure the the players are younger, cheaper, - but how many of them are good enough ?

Edited by smetrov

He's not had significant cash to spend per player though. He was unfortunate his two most expensive signings this season have got long-term injuries. If we ever get Okore and Vlaar on the park together we will be sorted, which is why I think long term we will be ok but there will be plenty of painful days along the way. It's not as if we haven't had some really good moments this season. 3 points tonight would make everyone feel that bit easier, fingers crossed.

He's not had significant cash to spend per player though. He was unfortunate his two most expensive signings this season have got long-term injuries. If we ever get Okore and Vlaar on the park together we will be sorted, which is why I think long term we will be ok but there will be plenty of painful days along the way. It's not as if we haven't had some really good moments this season. 3 points tonight would make everyone feel that bit easier, fingers crossed.

Well he had £16m in the summer - nearly all of it wasted, only Bacuna makes that starting 11 nowadays. - I said at the time he hadn't got it right last August , and it looks like a wasted window\season...

Well he had £16m in the summer - nearly all of it wasted, only Bacuna makes that starting 11 nowadays. - I said at the time he hadn't got it right last August , and it looks like a wasted window\season...

Yeah your right, he should start 7 million Kovac and 4 million Okore just to make sure stupid stats like the above arent spouted about.

His personality does not inspire and his blatant lying as regards Lerner was the last straw for me - don't take me for a mug - he has to do a lot to earn my respect as it is in the gutter at the moment.

Vlaar and Okore will not sort this team out. Westwood, Sylla and KEA all have to go and be replaced too. We have the worst midfield by far out of everybody the league Edited by KHV
  • Like 2

Kozac and Okore would improve the squad but neither will improve the weak midfield who can't keep hold of the ball.

The fact that Lambert has played Kozac and Benteke up front together in itself shows his tactics. Alladyce uses that tactic but at least he smart enough to have a midfielder like Nolan who 

will read the flick ons !!!

Agricultural, shapeless, hit-and-hope football. It was embarrassing to turn up to work after the weekend. I've taken Wednesday off just in case :(

Personally with how the football has gone backwards, I think lambert should go if we lose to Cardiff.

I was all for giving him 3 summers to build but it's frightening how poor we've looked this season.

As they have opened contract talks with him, I suspect they will not be sacking him anytime soon, especially as they have not even waited until the summer to open them. This would indicate that, as we are not yet by any means safe, they would stick with him even if we were to go down.

Â