Paul Lambert

limpid

You know that stat and defence of Lambert that he's shored up our defence, well after 13 games at home last season we'd conceded 19 goals this season we've conceded 21. 

That's just at home though. What are the away defence stats like?

The point is Mantis is you'd want the defence improved both home and away not just improved so significantly away (in part down to an 8 0 thrashing) that it means the overall goal difference is better.

I couldn't really care less if our home defence was slightly worse - just so long our defence is better overall.

Pretty sure that if we had a worse defence overall this seaosn but a better defence at home then it would be laughed off if used to try and defend Lambert.

Be solid at home and build away, not useless at home and average away.

That 8 goal thrashing last season has somehow become an aid for Lambert this season. Its really not something to look at and think well done Paul you've avoided an 8 goal thrashing because bar the odd goal that's basically how its improved.

You know that stat and defence of Lambert that he's shored up our defence, well after 13 games at home last season we'd conceded 19 goals this season we've conceded 21. 

That's just at home though. What are the away defence stats like?

The point is Mantis is you'd want the defence improved both home and away not just improved so significantly away (in part down to an 8 0 thrashing) that it means the overall goal difference is better.

I couldn't really care less if our home defence was slightly worse - just so long our defence is better overall.

Pretty sure that if we had a worse defence overall this seaosn but a better defence at home then it would be laughed off if used to try and defend Lambert.

Be solid at home and build away, not useless at home and average away.

That 8 goal thrashing last season has somehow become an aid for Lambert this season. Its really not something to look at and think well done Paul you've avoided an 8 goal thrashing because bar the odd goal that's basically how its improved.

The away form of Late isn't great either - bit of myth that we are 'good away from home'

Wish people would pay more attention to quotes. The past couple of pages gave gone haywire. I'm losing track of who actually said what.

Let me sum it up for you.

I said something sensible, some other people said something sensible and some other people said something.......well!

• Like 1

He bought Luna, Tonev and Helenius who look like they wont be getting much time on the pitch this season. That's £ 4-6m that could have been grouped together and spend on a better player.

These is kind of nonsense, NO managers have a perfect transfer records none of them! Its soooo easy in hindsight, if Lambert knew Luna would not work out he wouldn’t have signed him.

Do you not think that is what football management is all about ...you have to take responsibility for your signings, once you have signed them you take them to the training ground and blend them in to the player to do the job you want....it then forms a unit.

Of course Managers don't always get it right, but the decent ones get more right than wrong, that is the crucial bit

How long has Pulis had to turn Palace around..... who incidentially I thought was nailed on for the drop, just about nailed on to stay up now.

Paul Lambert has not had an easy task by any stretch of the imagination, but we can't keep playing that card.....His signings havn't been up to much for me, but I do accept its was for austerity reasons rather than team building reasons.

I think we have to give him a chance to spend some decent money on hopefully decent players.....but I can tell you I am full with trepidation that we are going to spunk it up the wall once again.

We just don't seem to be able to sign managers who can sign players.

• Like 3

Nobody forced Lambert to buy a load of cheap lower league and foreign players that, for the most part, are not up to standard to play at Premier League level (borne out by the fact that he doesn't select a number of them on match day).

Yes, he had a limited budget but, as a previous poster has stated, he could have bought fewer players of better quality and in the positions we needed strengthening the most.

He has bought/loaned 3 left backs and 4 strikers in his time here when we are crying out for another decent centre half and a creative midfielder.

Surely this ineptness is enough to ask serious questions of his ability as a Premier League manager!

Who do you want to replace Lambert? 

If I was to answer that, It would be a manager probably in Europe who has over performed in his job.....Has brought in new players on relatively low budget....not too old so he is definately on the way up, not on the way down.A manager that has captured the imagination of his peers and has displayed a willingness to play believeable football. He has managed to assemble a team that are comfortable with the football and a willingness to see a game out with heart. He is aware of Aston Villa and the challenge that exists in the Premier league. A manager that is comfortable in the transfer market and is well connected when it comes to securing new players, capable of setting up a industry leading scouting network.

A manager who can display a burning desire to win.

Thats just for starters,

I am available to conduct any interviews.lol

Edited by TRO

Nobody forced Lambert to buy a load of cheap lower league and foreign players that, for the most part, are not up to standard to play at Premier League level (borne out by the fact that he doesn't select a number of them on match day).

Yes, he had a limited budget but, as a previous poster has stated, he could have bought fewer players of better quality and in the positions we needed strengthening the most.

He has bought/loaned 3 left backs and 4 strikers in his time here when we are crying out for another decent centre half and a creative midfielder.

Surely this ineptness is enough to ask serious questions of his ability as a Premier League manager!

If I was to answer that, It would be a manager probably in Europe who has over performed in his job.....Has brought in new players on relatively low budget....not too old so he is definately on the way up, not on the way down.A manager that has captured the imagination of his peers and has displayed a willingness to play believeable football. He has managed to assemble a team that are comfortable with the football and a willingness to see a game out with heart. He is aware of Aston Villa and the challenge that exists in the Premier league. A manager that is comfortable in the transfer market and is well connect when it comes to securing new players, capable of setting up a industry leading scouting network.

Thats just for starters,

So Spongebob Squarepants would be ok then?

If I was to answer that, It would be a manager probably in Europe who has over performed in his job.....Has brought in new players on relatively low budget....not too old so he is definately on the way up, not on the way down.A manager that has captured the imagination of his peers and has displayed a willingness to play believeable football. He has managed to assemble a team that are comfortable with the football and a willingness to see a game out with heart. He is aware of Aston Villa and the challenge that exists in the Premier league. A manager that is comfortable in the transfer market and is well connect when it comes to securing new players, capable of setting up a industry leading scouting network.

Thats just for starters,

Lambert then.  ;)

Thats just for starters,

Lambert then.  ;)

My apologies if you have already been asked this question but are you Paul Lambert in disguise?  :)

Thats just for starters,

So Spongebob Squarepants would be ok then?

never heard of him....not very well up on European Managers.

Would have a real sense of authenticity, when sung from The Holte End.....that would put the "Cat amongst the Pidgeons" if we could sign him....take your word he would be top Drawer.

Looking at it from a different angle...The Home form could be an overall master plan to lure opposing managers in to a false sense of security.

It maybe planned to forego points from certain teams to secure points from more favoured teams..... you know a "sprat to catch a mackerel"

Jose Mourinho, won't know whats hit him, when the "Stephen Hawking" of the premier league is let lose on him...He will be tactically Mullered when we meet.

• Like 1

Looking at it from a different angle...The Home form could be an overall master plan to lure opposing managers in to a false sense of security.

It maybe planned to forego points from certain teams to secure points from more favoured teams..... you know a "sprat to catch a mackerel"

Jose Mourinho, won't know whats hit him, when the "Stephen Hawking" of the premier league is let lose on him...He will be tactically Mullered when we meet.

Yeah, after the first 8 goals we'll get cracking, he won't have seen anything like it.

It's not the players that are the problem IMO. The majority have shown themselves to be capable at various points.

The main issue for myself is that Lambert still doesn't know his best 11, 5 months into the season. Also he constantly struggles to affect games during the match.

Massively losing patience with him personally.

Â