Paul Lambert

limpid

The relegation 'issue' isn't even that big a deal for myself, Simply for me we're playing abhorrent clueless football and we seemingly have a manager in charge who's showing no signs of trying to improve it. On top of that we have a fanbase whose enthusiasm is dwindling week by week.

Our club is dieing in front of our very eyes.

The relegation 'issue' isn't even that big a deal for myself, Simply for me we're playing abhorrent clueless football and we seemingly have a manager in charge who's showing no signs of trying to improve it. On top of that we have a fanbase whose enthusiasm is dwindling week by week.

worst part for me is when he has changed it, it has worked and then he changed it back to negative crap which surprise surprise failed

Agricultural, shapeless, hit-and-hope football. It was embarrassing to turn up to work after the weekend. I've taken Wednesday off just in case :(

Personally with how the football has gone backwards, I think lambert should go if we lose to Cardiff.

I was all for giving him 3 summers to build but it's frightening how poor we've looked this season.

As they have opened contract talks with him, I suspect they will not be sacking him anytime soon, especially as they have not even waited until the summer to open them. This would indicate that, as we are not yet by any means safe, they would stick with him even if we were to go down.

Well this goes to show what an unambitious loser we have for an owner and he wants to surround himself with like minded folks! Rant over!

Do people honestly think Lambert has some sort of perfect winning tactic that he just chooses to drop for no reason?

well 2nd half vs Arsena;, Liverpool and West Brom seemed to work well enough and then he went and changed it for no apparent reason

Do people honestly think Lambert has some sort of perfect winning tactic that he just chooses to drop for no reason?

Why then do we look good for a couple of games then turn to absolute shite a week later? I wonder which is true Villa team?

well 2nd half vs Arsena;, Liverpool and West Brom seemed to work well enough and then he went and changed it for no apparent reason

It's not as simple as that. Lambert clearly isn't a tactical genius but you have to tailor the tactics to the situation you're in and take into account a number of factors.

Why then do we look good for a couple of games then turn to absolute shite a week later? I wonder which is true Villa team?

Because we're an inconsistent team? Because sometimes the tactics work and other times they don't? Because that's how football in general works?

Edited by Mantis

It's not as simple as that. Lambert clearly isn't a tactical genius but you have to tailor the tactics to the situation you're in and take into account a number of factors.

why would he alter his tactics from the 2 of the in form teams in the league to an Everton team there for the taking after losing 4-0 at Anfield and playing McGeady. same with West Ham a team that can barely score

why would he alter his tactics from the 2 of the in form teams in the league to an Everton team there for the taking after losing 4-0 at Anfield and playing McGeady. same with West Ham a team that can barely score

Someone already explained this earlier somewhere but Everton play a different way to Liverpool. Also, we were without Gabby against Everton and to be fair his tactics did work in the first half, he just didn't adapt to the changes Martinez made (which is a fair criticism). I think we all know why we were shit against West Ham.

Gabby missed Everton game we could have went with Albrighton or Tonev or that lad from the Next Gen Robinson maybe who have pace 

so why start Holt?

None of them are anywhere near as effective as Gabby.

Holt actually worked in the first half. Lambert's line-up for that game was spot on, it was not adapting to the changes Martinez made where he fell short.

• Like 1

One thing that will stand to Lambert is that in the event that we do manage to sign some decent players then people will be able to see just how poor alot of the players we now have at the club are. How do people expect us to play possession football when we have westwood, KEA, Sylla in midfield. I know Lambert signed alot of those poor players but they are all on low wages and cheap transfer fees. You get what you pay for; pay peanuts, get monkeys. If he is given some money I think he'll get us back to being a top ten side. If he's not then it'll be the same relegation scrap every season.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

One thing that will stand to Lambert is that in the event that we do manage to sign some decent players then people will be able to see just how poor alot of the players we now have at the club are. How do people expect us to play possession football when we have westwood, KEA, Sylla in midfield. I know Lambert signed alot of those poor players but they are all on low wages and cheap transfer fees. You get what you pay for; pay peanuts, get monkeys. If he is given some money I think he'll get us back to being a top ten side. If he's not then it'll be the same relegation scrap every season.

How much money do you think he'd need to make us a top 10 side? How about top 6? Top 4?

It's not just the money he has had to spend though - his football is awful and most of the players he has bought haven't improved at all, in fact a lot have gone backwards. I understand that a manager should be given time but he has shown very little so far to convince people he's steering the team in the right direction. 

• Like 1

He's still done a good job. Comparing him to other Villa managers is meaningless, because they all came into better situations. The lack of money and the awful squad he inherited is why villa aren't better now. No, his tactics aren't perfect and some of the transfers have been poor, but every manager messes lots of transfers up. Like Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino. With the budget he's had, to have Villa where they are, is better than most would've done.

We're in the top half of the league for transfer expenditure in the last two seasons.

He's still done a good job. Comparing him to other Villa managers is meaningless, because they all came into better situations. The lack of money and the awful squad he inherited is why villa aren't better now. No, his tactics aren't perfect and some of the transfers have been poor, but every manager messes lots of transfers up. Like Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino. With the budget he's had, to have Villa where they are, is better than most would've done.

We're in the top half of the league for transfer expenditure in the last two seasons.

Yet apparently Lerner isn’t doing anything.

Cute figure but does not tell us the whole story.

Â