Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert out, yes. Pulis in? Jesus Christ what's wrong with you all? The man is anti-football in a nutshell.

His football is an abomination.

.....and the present incumbent is exactly what?....Mr total football.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Used to hate Pulis myself but changed my opinion on him from his time at Palace, absolute miracle keeping them in the league from the position they were in.

And even from his time at Stoke I'd struggle to say how they played is any worse than the dross we've been serving up, wouldn't surprise me if they scored more goals as well especially at home where he made the Britannia a bit of a fortress from memory.

What managerial qualities has Lambert shown to make people think we can improve on last year, or the year before that?

Where is the progress on the pitch?

Why are we always so cautious and one paved?

Why is there no urgency?

....so suggest a better alternative, rather than being needlessly aggressive. It's not that impressive.

But we had this last season. Those pressing for him to be sacked are asked to suggest alternatives and when they comply, then the debate is automatically thrown into a hypothetical quagmire with responses like 'you don't know that he'll do any better' etc.

Very true.

Lambert out, yes. Pulis in? Jesus Christ what's wrong with you all? The man is anti-football in a nutshell.

His football is an abomination.

.....and the present incumbent is exactly what?....Mr total football.

Lambert is a f#ckin joke, but I don't want him replaced with a bigger one. David Moyes is available. Get him in.

If it wasn't so serious..... it would be funny :D

This situation is not serious, it's about a football team... of which there are thousands. If people stopped taking a football team who has absolutely no slight on them personally, we'd be much better off. :lol:

Aston Villa is nothing more than a business in the entertainment industry.

This situation is not serious, it's about a football team... of which there are thousands. If people stopped taking a football team who has absolutely no slight on them personally, we'd be much better off. :lol:

I hate these sort of posts. We know it's only a football club and of course it's not life or death, but it's still important to its fans.

Oh and if you think a football club is just a a business in the entertainment industry, then you don't get football and what it means to its supporters.

I hate these sort of posts. We know it's only a football club and of course it's not life or death, but it's still important to its fans.

Oh and if you think a football club is just a a business in the entertainment industry, then you don't get football and what it means to its supporters.

Totally agree, I hate posts like that.  While it's not the be all, it's something we are very passionate about, spends large amounts of our cash and free time on and have a very strong affiliation with.  It's not only a business in the entertainment industry to most people, as there aren't any other products that have such strong brand loyalty despite how good or bad the product is.

• Like 1

I wonder where we would be today if we got Martinez.

Anyway. I would bring in Moyes. Hes not getting a job in the Premier League soon and hes a quality manager. Works well with a budget and his team always played with heart and played good football.

Daily Express says Lerner has given him two games to go before the sack. I doubt that is true.. No doubt he will win the next two and he will get another 3 year extension and we will never win again. 

What's us suggesting a manager really adding to the debate? None of us know how close the club is to a sale, what managers would likely come to the club and what we can offer to any potential candidate. This just seems an attempt to move the argument away from how poor a job Lambert is doing.

The club is not up for sale.

Hmmm.

McCleish?

Graham Taylor era 2?

David O'Leary the final 6 months?

Venglos?

It feels like he's had longer to do less

Looking at the numbers he's nowhere near as bad as McLeish who was our worst ever manager, and is closely followed by Billy McNeill.

He's pretty much exactly the same as GT Mk.II in terms of win percentage. Venglos' was a touch higher.

If we loose the next 3 - I beleive something would have to give.  - and theres a good chance we will loose those 3.

Ive supported Lambert through previous bad runs - but this one feels different ..its as though there is no end in sight.

If we loose the next 3 - I beleive something would have to give.  - and theres a good chance we will loose those 3.

Ive supported Lambert through previous bad runs - but this one feels different ..its as though there is no end in sight.

The sad thing is your not the only one who feels that way . I'm afraid the tunnel is indeed dark , and I don't think the light switch will be found any time soon .

relegated, the man has no idea how to organise a defence and Villa wouldnt have been able to afford him the luxury of signing Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku

• Like 1

relegated, the man has no idea how to organise a defence and Villa wouldnt have been able to afford him the luxury of signing Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku

Interesting opinion there.

The relegated bit.

Â