Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert out, yes. Pulis in? Jesus Christ what's wrong with you all? The man is anti-football in a nutshell.

His football is an abomination.

.....and the present incumbent is exactly what?....Mr total football.

Lambert is a f#ckin joke, but I don't want him replaced with a bigger one. David Moyes is available. Get him in.

I think, during his time with us, Lambert has proved with his style of play and record, that he is nowhere near as good as Pulis.

I would not want Pulis either, it is more an indication of Lambert's abilities.  

Lambert in,  not that i think it matters .

It does matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think Lambert should go, simply because I am concerned that he can not turn things around and will have us relegated.

But I will be extremely happy if posters like you who support him are correct, and he is successful with us.

Is it not a case of us exploiting a weakness in Tottenham though? Most teams in the Premier League have them and they can be exploited by anyone who knows how. My issue is that we aren't ruthless enough to fully take advantage.

Well to be fair, we seldom ever tactically outplay opponents so I'm more inclined to call it what I think it was - terrible defending on their part.

I'd agree with that, As I said i'm not sure our players can fully take advantage of weaknesses in the opposition. If they could we could have been out of sight against Spurs but I do think that it can't just be landed at the feet of Lambert.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I do find it amusing that during our good results at the start of the season it felt like anybody but Paul was getting the credit and praise and if Paul did get it it was reluctant and grudging.

We've had a bad ,  very bad ,  run and now nobody but Paul is getting the blame

I'm still with you. I'm not sure why though, maybe i'm a glutton for punishment but I also think he can turn us around if Lerner pulls his finger out.

Me too.

If he goes then he goes. I'll be disappointed that it didn't work out for all parties, but that's life.

That said, I want him to do well and I want us to do well - it's not beyond the realm of possibility he can turn it around.

I point blank refuse to accept someone like Pulis is the answer in the long term - a pure panic measure being suggested by the type of people who buy up all the bread and milk from the shops when it snows for a day!

Do you think he's a goner Richard?

• Like 3

I do find it amusing that during our good results at the start of the season it felt like anybody but Paul was getting the credit and praise and if Paul did get it it was reluctant and grudging.

We've had a bad , very bad , run and now nobody but Paul is getting the blame

Surely Lambert got credit in the form of his new contract.

I'm still with you. I'm not sure why though, maybe i'm a glutton for punishment but I also think he can turn us around if Lerner pulls his finger out.

Me too.

If he goes then he goes. I'll be disappointed that it didn't work out for all parties, but that's life.

That said, I want him to do well and I want us to do well - it's not beyond the realm of possibility he can turn it around.

I point blank refuse to accept someone like Pulis is the answer in the long term - a pure panic measure being suggested by the type of people who buy up all the bread and milk from the shops when it snows for a day!

Do you think he's a goner Richard?

Look at the Rise of Pardew and the fall of Rodgers and you can see just how fickle football as a whole is.

not just the fans...

• Like 1

The fans awarded the contract? Or does the board post on VT ?

There were people singing 'Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army' during the short-lived 'good start'. Whether any of them post on here, I wouldn't know. I think he got credit proportionate to the trust he had earned, very little. As for the board posting on VT, get the sick buckets out if that ever happens again.

We've had a bad ,  very bad ,  run and now nobody but Paul is getting the blame

Well, the first part of your sentence isn't true at all, there was lots of fulsome praise for Lambert after the start we had.   As ever though when we've put in a few good games, they're starting to look like blips in a never ending sea of poor football.

Don't know why people seem to think if we gave the job to Pullis he'd automatically guarantee our survivial and do this and that. If he was that good he'd be swimming in job offers already plus if he left Palace because the board wouldn't give him any money what does that say about his own confidence to be a success again this year with what he had to work with at Palace?

I think he got out while he was ahead, and I wouldn't have thought the manner in which he left (right before the season started) would be particulary appealing to Randy.

If he was that good he'd be swimming in job offers already 

It's less than 3 months since he left Palace.

No managers in the league have left or been sacked since he left Palace?

How is he supposed to be swimming in offers if there have been no jobs available?

Â