Paul Lambert

limpid

Why do people care about the "brand of football"? It's been awful for years anyway and unless we start getting results, we go down and you can watch our "attractive football" with Maniche on The Football League Show.

Our players aren't even close to being capable of playing good football. They're mostly dreadful so we just need someone in who can make them grind out results.

• Like 2

If we loose the next 3 - I beleive something would have to give.  - and theres a good chance we will loose those 3.

Ive supported Lambert through previous bad runs - but this one feels different ..its as though there is no end in sight.

I have no idea whether we'll actually get out of this bad run but most bad runs feel like that.

Edited by Mantis

Why are we worrying about replacements when there are 2 very good PL managers just waiting to come in, one being the current PL Manager of the Season and the other being one of the longest serving and probably most consistant manager outside the top 4? And we are worrying about sacking a man who has acheived nothing but negative records whilst a quarter of his way through his third season in charge?

Extra like this post.

• Like 2

Why are we worrying about replacements when there are 2 very good PL managers just waiting to come in, one being the current PL Manager of the Season and the other being one of the longest serving and probably most consistant manager outside the top 4? And we are worrying about sacking a man who has acheived nothing but negative records whilst a quarter of his way through his third season in charge?

Far too sensible.

Extra like this post.

the problem is I have very little faith that Lerner will see what needs doing, man up, and actually sack the manager? Let's hope Mr Fox will be nagging Lerner to get it sorted!

• Like 1

Why are we worrying about replacements when there are 2 very good PL managers just waiting to come in, one being the current PL Manager of the Season and the other being one of the longest serving and probably most consistant manager outside the top 4? 

Exactly the reason I'm surprised people are turning their noses up at these two in the other thread (although I wouldn't be too confident that they're dying to come here. It's the point about their abilities I'm "liking")

Edited by Stevo985

Implying Moyes is just waiting to come here.

Well apparently he was looking at a job in Spain, Him and Mel up for the job?

Why are we worrying about replacements when there are 2 very good PL managers just waiting to come in, one being the current PL Manager of the Season and the other being one of the longest serving and probably most consistant manager outside the top 4? 

Exactly the reason I'm surprised people are turning their noses up at these two in the other thread (although I wouldn't be too confident that they're dying to come here. It's the point about their abilities I'm "liking")

I know someone mentioned Klopp on here earlier? Have you seen where Dortmund are in the BL?

Pulis would be my favorite as he was happy to go into Palace last season and get them out of the mire without spending money but just by playing the players he has in a system that suits them. Moyes is more a long term man which may put him off us but on the flip side he needs somewhere to rebuild hs reputation?

Lambert out, yes. Pulis in? Jesus Christ what's wrong with you all? The man is anti-football in a nutshell.

His football is an abomination.

.....and the present incumbent is exactly what?....Mr total football.

Lambert is a f#ckin joke, but I don't want him replaced with a bigger one. David Moyes is available. Get him in.

Are you suggesting Pullis is a bigger joke than Lambert???? That point is debatable

in Lambert defence I thought he got his tactics spot on Sunday except for a 10 minute lack of discipline we would have got a result. The players at most are playing for him and now we have played all last seasons top 6 I think it will be fair to judge him with games until Christmas

Implying Moyes is just waiting to come here.

Well apparently he was looking at a job in Spain, Him and Mel up for the job?

I know someone mentioned Klopp on here earlier? Have you seen where Dortmund are in the BL?

Pulis would be my favorite as he was happy to go into Palace last season and get them out of the mire without spending money but just by playing the players he has in a system that suits them. Moyes is more a long term man which may put him off us but on the flip side he needs somewhere to rebuild hs reputation?

There is literally no chance that Jurgen Klopp will be the next Villa manager.

I'm more likely to get the job than him.

in Lambert defence I thought he got his tactics spot on Sunday except for a 10 minute lack of discipline we would have got a result. The players at most are playing for him and now we have played all last seasons top 6 I think it will be fair to judge him with games until Christmas

I dont think we can wait until Christmas, and its not just this season its the last two also. The same problems still exist and he has failed to iron any of them out. He has had long enough now I think things need freshening up 

When McLeish was sacked the club statement was this (took out key points)

The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.

"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent.

All seems familiar to me.

• Like 3

I dont think we can wait until Christmas, and its not just this season its the last two also. The same problems still exist and he has failed to iron any of them out. He has had long enough now I think things need freshening up 

these are the games up to New Years Day. If we play like we did against Spurs we should get 12-15 points from them 8 games

Sat 8 15:00 A West Ham United PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Mon 24 20:00 H Southampton PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Sat 29 15:00 A Burnley PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets
December 2014 Date KO V Opponent Comp Result ATT Info Tue 2 19:45 A Crystal Palace PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Sun 7 16:00 H Leicester City PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Sat 13 15:00 A West Bromwich Albion PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Sat 20 15:00 H Manchester United PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Fri 26 15:00 A Swansea City PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets Sun 28 15:00 H Sunderland PREM     TicketsExchange Tickets
January 2015
  • Like 1

Â