Paul Lambert

limpid

Just stumbled on this thread.

I can't help but feel its a bit reactionary.

If Tekkers hadn't been sent off we'd have probably won and have 13 points on the board, same as United.

As it happens, Tekkers gets sent off through no fault of Lambert's and it's doom and gloom.

We've had a really bad run of fixtures, that's all.

This team is capable of pushing on and attaining a decent mid-table position.

I am firmly in the Lambert staying camp because I really don't think anyone could do a better job in the circumstances.

"if" is correct but we did not win,,we could go on forever "if" ..

"if" we scored a goal v everton or chelsea or qpr etc,the fact is the game is 90 mins & lambert has shaped this team,we are where we are

Does a manager have to improve every year?

Not but he needs to improve. Are we any better than his first year?

I'm not sure we'll get 42 points and we've rarely seen the football we ended that season playing.

If he can't do much better 2 years later I see little point in keeping him.

And we've really not improved that much from McLeish.

Edited by DCJonah

So, we get relegated.

But that's ok, because there is not another manager out there who could have prevented it.

At least we know.

Or, we might not get relegated with Lambert.

Or, we sack Lambert and someone even worse comes in and takes us down.

Or, we stick with Lambert and continue to play crap and go down.

Or, we sack Lambert and get someone in who does the same job.

Or, we sack Lambert and someone else comes in and does better than Lambert.

There, I've covered all of the possibilities for you. Now what?

Well done, thanks for that. I think you have covered all of them.

Here is another stat.

Villa have taken 89 points out of a possible 258 since lambert arrived.

Factoring in all of the embarrassments to lower league opposition in the cups over that time, shows what a complete and utter waste of time the bloke is.

He is a chancer, who needs to be shot(metaphorically) ASAP.

• Like 1

Does a manager have to improve every year?

That's the idea isn't it? Especially with the young and hungry rebuild philosophy, was the light at the end of the tunnel that it would only get better.

Moyes didn't improve each year at the start, but what he did do was show early on that he had ability. That makes the odd bad season easier to take.

Lambert has shown nothing to suggest things will be any better the longer we give him.

We/he did improve at the start of the season, 3 wins and a draw from 4 games must have been out best run of form since the MON days?

Unfortunately as is the case with lamberts villa, improvement is quickly followed by massive regression.

Were just not consistent enough under him.

• Like 1

I'd say comparing performance with other teams is pretty relevant Jonah, isn't that why we have a league table?!   :P

If you are judging the overall performance of the manager, then surely comparing him to his peers would be part of that? It is only fair to consider his working conditions and then compare them to those of other managers when making an assessment overall. 

We/he did improve at the start of the season, 3 wins and a draw from 4 games must have been out best run of form since the MON days?

Unfortunately as is the case with lamberts villa, improvement is quickly followed by massive regression.

Were just not consistent enough under him.

Yeah theres been moments but over the course of a season there's barely any improvement.

So, we get relegated.

But that's ok, because there is not another manager out there who could have prevented it.

At least we know.

Here is another stat.

Factoring in all of the embarrassments to lower league opposition in the cups over that time, shows what a complete and utter waste of time the bloke is.

So what (as I keep asking certain people who are quick to shout "sack him!") would you do, realistically when;

A) we have no money to pay him off with

Or,

B) (rightly or wrongly, wrongly imo) we've just given the fella a nice new 4 year deal

I'd say comparing performance with other teams is pretty relevant Jonah, isn't that why we have a league table?! :P

If you are judging the overall performance of the manager, then surely comparing him to his peers would be part of that? It is only fair to consider his working conditions and then compare them to those of other managers when making an assessment overall.

You compare all teams of course.

But you've specifically picked big teams under performing at the moment. I'm not sure what that shows. We all know everton, united and spurs are capable of better. I don't see how them not performing well is relevant to judging Lambert on over 2 years of poor football. 2 of those managers have only been in the job 10 games.

So, we get relegated.

At least we know.

Here is another stat.

So what (as I keep asking certain people who are quick to shout "sack him!") would you do, realistically when;

A) we have no money to pay him off with

Or,

B) (rightly or wrongly, wrongly imo) we've just given the fella a nice new 4 year deal

To be fair you have no idea what our financial situation is. Last year there was talk that we made a small profit so that suggests we can afford it. Also you have no idea what clauses are part of his new deal.

I'd say comparing performance with other teams is pretty relevant Jonah, isn't that why we have a league table?! :PIf you are judging the overall performance of the manager, then surely comparing him to his peers would be part of that? It is only fair to consider his working conditions and then compare them to those of other managers when making an assessment overall.

You compare all teams of course.But you've specifically picked big teams under performing at the moment. I'm not sure what that shows. We all know everton, united and spurs are capable of better. I don't see how them not performing well is relevant to judging Lambert on over 2 years of poor football. 2 of those managers have only been in the job 10 games.

Exactly. On the other hand we could say we are 12 points off Southampton! #LambertOut

Pointless making comparisons to other teams league positions this early in the season especially due to the fact no one is complaining about league position or point totals. But our general performances under Lambert's tenure, looked like we may have turned a leaf early this season to then lose 6 in a row only scoring one goal.

I'd just like to point out that when someone given an either or scenario, its completely daft to pick on the either as the posters opinion whilst ignoring the or situation that he also states.

It is also pretty daft saying that a poster has no idea of our financial situation when albeit a year behind, its a matter of public record.

• Like 2

Â