Paul Lambert

limpid

It will be shocking if he keeps his job in the summer.

This.

He should get the bullet as soon as the final whistle goes on the last day of the season.

Shocking manager who could not even keep control of his faithful lieutenants.

Given it appears almost impossible we'll beat last season's points total, I'd also like Lambert to leave in the summer (in a nice orderly transition). I was hoping for more this season, particularly after our strong start. He's done okay for us if he keeps us up two seasons in a row though, so I won't wish him ill or anything...but the points total doesn't lie.

You'd think that people would stop obsessing over post match interviews by now.

manager bigs up his player in interview. What a bastard!

I'm sure all the people unhappy about it would be thrilled if he said Gabby was shit today?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

You'd think that people would stop obsessing over post match interviews by now.

I don't necessarily agree with this. For me, a modern manager doesn't get out on the training field every day, he has larger roles to fill to earn his money; tactics, psychology / man management and the the ability to deal with the media, interviews and give an insight to a world audience of the goings on at a club. Post match interviews, in my opinion do tell a lot. If a manager comes out and gives a genuine assessment of the game, pros/cons, It gives me more confidence in his ability and control he has over the team. You see time and time again the body language of under pressure managers cracking in interviews and it gives a good insight into the control that the manager has. Mourinho, although talking rubbish to protect his players always, always appears to be the strongest person leading the club, however down Chelsea are and the players pick up on that - they need strong leaders.

This is the difference between a good coach and a manager, someone who can come out and say the right things and not read off the same cliche book of post match quotes game after game. I may read massively into it, but Lambert's post match interviews, largely just a repeat of the same lines, over and over and over have never filled me with confidence in his overall handling of the pressure since the going has got tough.. All my opinion of course, but I like to read into body language and the handling of pressure and I don't think it's unreasonable to read into post match interviews and make judgements. 

I think coming out today and singling Gabby out as being superb was more of a confidence booster for him, as his form is so bad at the moment he needs to be picked up and he knows that with the striker injuries Gabby can be a match winner for us in the coming games so, I don't actually mind that. On the other hand you wouldn't want Gabby to start believing that his standard today was acceptable, he was very poor.

• Like 4

Stating that a player who has played poorly was "excellent" is something to legitimately criticise the manager about. I'm not sure why we must remain silent when he spouts utter bollocks after every game. 

• Like 1

Gabby has been poor for a while now and to say that he was excellent today is an insult to anyone's intelligence. Just leave it alone especially when he wasn't prompted to mention Gabby and focus on the point gained as the performance was shite again.

If we can smell bullshit when he praises a player, how in earth can the player get confident after getting praise? Surely the players know when they are poor? Or are the players totally in their own world where everything is rosy?

It's just a form of man management. Baffles me why people get up tight about post match interviews. Surely it's fecking obvious why he says what he says?

Not obvious to me why you'd say a player was excellent when in reality he was fairly terrible.

It's just a form of man management. Baffles me why people get up tight about post match interviews. Surely it's fecking obvious why he says what he says?

Not obvious to me why you'd say a player was excellent when in reality he was fairly terrible.

It's only a concern if you're telling the player in private that he was excellent

It's only a concern if you're telling the player in private that he was excellent

Well what ever he's been saying in private hasn't been working for most players.

• Like 2

Â