Paul Lambert

limpid

Let's just plod along at the bottom of the table then and accept rubbish.

Acceptance of things you can not change is a sign of wisdom and maturity . Crying about it isn't . It's petulant and childish .

• Like 4

Acceptance of things you can not change is a sign of wisdom and maturity . Crying about it isn't . It's petulant and childish .

Forums are created to cry about it.

Away fans do also not represent all fans. Therefore it's pointless and not representative of our fanbase to the point it could be called 'evidence'.

So away fans cant be used to represent the fans, an online poll can't be used to represent the fans; what's acceptable a poll of every villa fan alive?

What shaggy is saying, that on the whole the majority of villa fans seem to want lambert out and has give his reasons or "evidence" of why he believes this, appears an entirely valid conclusion to me and I cant understand the backlash against it.

Agreed and if we lose the fifth game on the trot tomorrow playing more dire football he deserves to get some stick if paying customers choose to express their disappointment at the mess that is being served up.

I have never once felt that I am a "customer" in 30 years of following Villa . I know the risks that are involved and I know that the thousands of pounds I have spent over the years entitles me to nothing at all . I wish people understood life a bit more then they would undoubtedly suffer less . I understand being angry when things go bad but I really don't get this petulant sense of entitlement people seem to get following a sports team .

I hope that wasn't intended to come across as self-righteous and patronising as I read it.

Particularly intimating that you understand life better than us petulant individuals who dare to feel a sense of entitlement to expect the Villa to play better than the shite we are serving up at the moment.

• Like 3

This is the typically moronic response I have seen from those unable to distinguish life beyond black/white good/shit happy/sad. I've dealt with 5 year olds with greater capacity for nuance and emotional complexity.

I'm yet to see a single person actually say they want villa to bop along in a perma relegation fight. If you have please point them out and I'll happily call them a moron as well.

If a Villa defeat on a Saturday ruins your week...means you go home and smack the missus about or whatever else you feel you need to do then I actually feel sorry for you. I care if we win, I care if we lose, but I don't act like a petulant shit whose just has his sweeties taken away.

• Like 1

This is the typically moronic response I have seen from those unable to distinguish life beyond black/white good/shit happy/sad. I've dealt with 5 year olds with greater capacity for nuance and emotional complexity.

I'm yet to see a single person actually say they want villa to bop along in a perma relegation fight. If you have please point them out and I'll happily call them a moron as well.

If a Villa defeat on a Saturday ruins your week...means you go home and smack the missus about or whatever else you feel you need to do then I actually feel sorry for you. I care if we win, I care if we lose, but I don't act like a petulant shit whose just has his sweeties taken away.

If you're happy to sit there and accept mediocrity then that is your entitlement.

On the flip side there is other people who expect more and demand more and fair play to those people I say!

• Like 2

Away fans do also not represent all fans. Therefore it's pointless and not representative of our fanbase to the point it could be called 'evidence'.

So away fans cant be used to represent the fans, an online poll can't be used to represent the fans; what's acceptable a poll of every villa fan alive?

What shaggy is saying, that on the whole the majority of villa fans seem to want lambert out and has give his reasons or "evidence" of why he believes this, appears an entirely valid conclusion to me and I cant understand the backlash against it.

Agreed and if we lose the fifth game on the trot tomorrow playing more dire football he deserves to get some stick if paying customers choose to express their disappointment at the mess that is being served up.
I have never once felt that I am a "customer" in 30 years of following Villa . I know the risks that are involved and I know that the thousands of pounds I have spent over the years entitles me to nothing at all . I wish people understood life a bit more then they would undoubtedly suffer less . I understand being angry when things go bad but I really don't get this petulant sense of entitlement people seem to get following a sports team .

I hope that wasn't intended to come across as self-righteous and patronising as I read it.

Particularly intimating that you understand life better than us petulant individuals who dare to feel a sense of entitlement to expect the Villa to play better than the shite we are serving up at the moment.

You should expect the unexpected . Thanks for enhancing my point.

• Like 1

If you're happy to sit there and accept mediocrity then that is your entitlement.

On the flip side there is other people who expect more and demand more and fair play to those people I say!

not sure which part of my post lead you to the suggestion I am happy with our current situation.

I was simply pointing out that crying about it won't change it.

Ultimately we're all supporters and rather than bitching on the internet or booing maybe just maybe packing VP with 45,000 naked and fanatical SUPPORTERS would be more useful than the booing or tweeting Joe Bennett to tell him how shit he is.

Still...if you want to spend your life sulking crack on chief....I expect supporting Villa to hurt makes the disappointment easier to handle.

If a Villa defeat on a Saturday ruins your week...means you go home and smack the missus ...

I've not read the last few pages - who has said that a Villa defeat leads them to 'smack the missus'?

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....

Don't eat yellow snow.

Don't do your hair with your hat on.

Not the only one full of useless quips, get off your high horse.

• Like 2

not sure which part of my post lead you to the suggestion I am happy with our current situation.

Ultimately we're all supporters and rather than bitching on the internet or booing maybe just maybe packing VP with 45,000 naked and fanatical SUPPORTERS would be more useful than the booing or tweeting Joe Bennett to tell him how shit he is.

Still...if you want to spend your life sulking crack on chief....I expect supporting Villa to hurt makes the disappointment easier to handle.

Certainly won't be crying but like many would like change for the better.

45,000 would be beyond the VP capacity so doesn't seem a sensible suggestion. I agree about not booing during the game but see no problem voicing an opinion after the game particularly if after say 5 defeats on the bounce!

Also not a sulker but not a mute with no fight or no desire either. :)

• Like 1

If a Villa defeat on a Saturday ruins your week...means you go home and smack the missus ...

I've not read the last few pages - who has said that a Villa defeat leads them to 'smack the missus'?

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....

If you have a different opinion you obviously hit your missus. Totally logical!

45,000 would be beyond the VP capacity so doesn't seem a sensible suggestion. I agree about not booing during the game but see no problem voicing an opinion after the game particularly if after say 5 defeats on the bounce!

ignoring the pathetic smug quip about me rounding up the stadium capacity.

What do you think booing at the end of the game achieves? Even after 5 straight defeats? Do you think players don't realise? Do you believe several thousand people telling you how shit you are is an effective motivational tool? Why would it help?

Football is a confidence game and I will never understand anyone who argues that undermining that confidence will yield improvements.

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....

edit. Probably offensive. Edited by Eames

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....

Really? Really?

You think it's okay to chuck in that kind of comment?

Piss poor, Eames. Piss poor.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....
Really? Really?

You think it's okay to chuck in that kind of comment?

Piss poor, Eames. Piss poor.

I feel bad now Snowy. Respect your opinion. Got carried away.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Don't do your hair with your hat on.

Not the only one full of useless quips, get off your high horse.

Only difference is mine are relevant but I get it . It's your party and you'll cry if you want to, but I won't apologise for your inability to act according to reason and rationality. 

What do you think booing at the end of the game achieves? Even after 5 straight defeats? Do you think players don't realise? Do you believe several thousand people telling you how shit you are is an effective motivational tool? Why would it help?

Football is a confidence game and I will never understand anyone who argues that undermining that confidence will yield improvements.

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....
are you autistic? Genuine question.

Wow.

Are you that blind to your own hypocrisy, you go on about black and white mentality yet write as if anyone who dares take issue with Lambert on a forum obviously goes to every game just to boo him then goes home to beat their missus as their so depressed about the Villa.

Then complain about a pathetic quip and write that in response.

Or has no one said that?

hyperbole for impact....
are you autistic? Genuine question.
Wow.

Are you that blind to your own hypocrisy, you go on about black and white mentality yet write as if anyone who dares take issue with Lambert on a forum obviously goes to every game just to boo him then goes home to beat their missus as their so depressed about the Villa.

Then complain about a pathetic quip and write that in response.

See my edit. Statement retracted.

Â