Paul Lambert

limpid

Supporting the team isn't "blind faith".

who said it was? See at least read the post before making comments like that

You definitely seemed to imply that by saying "blind faith?" when Darren said we need to support the team and club as much as possible. That isn't what's being called for at all, unless of course you class supporting the club (especially in a time of crisis) as "blind faith". You don't have to approve of the manager to support the team - I hope everyone else at VP remembers that today as well.

Edited by Mantis

You definitely seemed to imply that by saying "blind faith?" when Darren said we need to support the team and club as much as possible. That isn't what's being called for at all, unless of course you class supporting the club (especially in a time of crisis) as "blind faith". You don't have to approve of the manager to support the team - I hope everyone else at VP remembers that today as well.

i think you instant desire to argue with anyone or anything that you deem to be anti-lambert is clouding your judgement here. Fans whos views and feelings are suppressed either by idiotic peer pressure or via censorship (see dross that used to be on o/s for example) have as much right as anyone to cheer, boo, comment positively or negatively as anyone else. Comments about anything whatsoever at the club should be allowed because at the end of the day the fan is the soul of the club why it exists for so long.

If things are not going well or a fan is not happy with something today then they have as much right as anyone else to state their feelings despite what people like you may think. Paul lambert, and i appreciate this will not fit happily with a few, deserves as much questioning as fans feel like giving him, considering his position and job to date.

• Like 4

i think you instant desire to argue with anyone or anything that you deem to be anti-lambert is clouding your judgement here. Fans whos views and feelings are suppressed either by idiotic peer pressure or via censorship (see dross that used to be on o/s for example) have as much right as anyone to cheer, boo, comment positively or negatively as anyone else. Comments about anything whatsoever at the club should be allowed because at the end of the day the fan is the soul of the club why it exists for so long.

If things are not going well or a fan is not happy with something today then they have as much right as anyone else to state their feelings despite what people like you may think. Paul lambert, and i appreciate this will not fit happily with a few, deserves as much questioning as fans feel like giving him, considering his position and job to date.

There's no instant desire to argue here, I'm just picking up on what you've posted. If I had a "desire to argue" I'd have been posting in this thread far more over the past week.

Just read my post again (and your own for that matter), because at the moment you're putting a lot of words into my mouth.

Edited by Mantis

If we concede a sloppy goal in the first 10-20 minutes today then I think it's going to get very nasty at Villa Park later. Completely pointless and I hate it, but can definitely see it happening.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I think being fan with a football club in shambles is very comparable with being a small stockholder in a company that is poorly run.

As a fan you want the management of the club to do better: Better tactics, swap poor players with better and you want the owner to listen to you.

As a stock holder you want the management of your com pay to do better. Better management principles, swap poor workers with cheaper and more productive workers and you want the other owners to hear you, so you can get change.

Problem is when change do not happen. As a football fan you can voice your opinion on the match in order to get the owner and management to hear your views. As a minority stock holder you can voice your opinion on the yearly stockholder meeting or you could write letters in the papers about how the company should close the worst factory and move it abroad.

The problem for us as football fans is that we have not the luxury to do what the stockholders who give up does: Change the football club or stock. And in both cases we know that no one will listen to us. The company will keep its domestic expensive an inefficient workers and the football club will keep the manager who keeps players that are not good enough.

Not an easy thing.

• Like 1

For what it is worth 86% of Villa supporters who answered the poll on Vital Villa apparently want Lambert out (according to the Daily Mail).

Huge game for Lambo as manager today - he really needs to show us what he is made of. No more excuses!

Huge game today, in terms of survival and in terms of Lambert getting the fans back on side and showing us he does know what he's doing. The performances, home record and losing four on the bounce right now, especially due to who they have been against, United aside, is unacceptable and he is rightly under pressure.

No amount of backroom staff getting the sack will excuse a poor result today

3 points please time for the manager to earn his money

None of this 5-3-2 bullcrap we are the home team start on the front foot and go for the jugular for a change were playing Southampton not Real Madrid

For what it is worth 86% of Villa supporters who answered the poll on Vital Villa apparently want Lambert out (according to the Daily Mail).

Wasting your time mate with that. Not accepted on here unless a poll is taken at Villa Park.

• Like 4

Wasting your time mate with that. Not accepted on here unless a poll is taken at Villa Park.

Wasting time either way, it isn't going to make any sort of impact on his position, is it?

Wasting time either way, it isn't going to make any sort of impact on his position, is it?

Well seeing as VP turning on McLeish cost him his job, yes it probably could.

This has been one lucky, lucky week for Lambert. Pressure growing on his position at our club then we had Culvergate to deflect the attention away from that.

Two chances missed by his name sake and a penalty claim denied when we would have raised the roof if denied to us.

He will make it to the end of the season and hopefully that will be that.

Â