Paul Lambert

limpid

It's just a form of man management. Baffles me why people get up tight about post match interviews. Surely it's fecking obvious why he says what he says?

Not obvious to me why you'd say a player was excellent when in reality he was fairly terrible.
It's only a concern if you're telling the player in private that he was excellent

Well what ever he's been saying in private hasn't been working for most players.

Can't argue with that, but I wouldn't pay any heed to the guy's chats with the press. He seems to do them as a matter of duty, rather than actually caring. Says the same thing every week, win, lose or draw

Not long back from VP. I am reasonably happy with the point. I have to say though I was so disappointed how we started the game. I thought we would come out flying determined to put right a few wrongs. We started so slow though and didn't close Southampton down at all. That led to the atmosphere being really flat.  We could have been two down early doors.

We picked up last few mins of the first half and did okay in the second but we lacked a spark all game. Fans tried to get the team going in the second but there is nothing on the pitch. We will scramble to survival but the sooner this season is over the better.

Southampton are head and shoulders above us. I know some will say we have taken 4 points off them but if anyone thinks we are not miles away from that level they need to get real. They play some cracking stuff. In size they aren't half the club we are. In terms of what they produce on the pitch and the players they have they are twice the club. What a sad state of affairs that is.

We are miles behind quite a few clubs now. It will take 100m minimum for us to get top 6/7.

• Like 1

Not long back from VP. I am reasonably happy with the point. I have to say though I was so disappointed how we started the game. I thought we would come out flying determined to put right a few wrongs. We started so slow though and didn't close Southampton down at all. That led to the atmosphere being really flat.  We could have been two down early doors.

We picked up last few mins of the first half and did okay in the second but we lacked a spark all game. Fans tried to get the team going in the second but there is nothing on the pitch. We will scramble to survival but the sooner this season is over the better.

Southampton are head and shoulders above us. I know some will say we have taken 4 points off them but if anyone thinks we are not miles away from that level they need to get real. They play some cracking stuff. In size they aren't half the club we are. In terms of what they produce on the pitch and the players they have they are twice the club. What a sad state of affairs that is.

We are miles behind quite a few clubs now. It will take 100m minimum for us to get top 6/7.

I don't think that's true at all. You could do it on £30m with some very, very smart signings. Money makes it easier, for sure, because you can get proven quality, but it CAN be done for less by hitting a streak of great bargain signings. Every year there's 5-6 players signed for a handful of fivers that do a phenomenal job

I don't think that's true at all. You could do it on £30m with some very, very smart signings. Money makes it easier, for sure, because you can get proven quality, but it CAN be done for less by hitting a streak of great bargain signings. Every year there's 5-6 players signed for a handful of fivers that do a phenomenal job

We need a right back, left back, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, some decent wingers. It took about the same when Lerner came to get us competing in the top six, we are now further behind teams than we were in 2006.

• Like 1

You have to judge a team/players/management over the whole season. If indeed we do finish with less points than last season, I think it will inevitably mean a rethink about who should manage the club.

Although I stated the above, if we don't get new owners or better investment, we do have to consider keeping Lambert, simply because he's kept us up with minimal funding for the last two seasons and I don't bank on anyone else being able to do that with such limited funds, and players. If a new owner comes in with money to spend from the off, I'd prefer to see someone else spend it.

I would love to know what our goals per game stats are with and without Benteke in the team. Also, like to know our goals conceded with and without Vlaar. Those two, along with Guzan, are the focal point of our team imo.

We need a right back, left back, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, some decent wingers. It took about the same when Lerner came to get us competing in the top six, we are now further behind teams than we were in 2006.

Yeah, but my point is you COULD, with a very good manager and support team, get those players in, at the required standard, for a lot less than 100m

Wasn't sure where to put this but i guess as it's Lambert who decides on things i'll shove it in here. Why oh why must we allow 4 players to stay outside the penalty area when we have a corner, especially when the defending team don't have any players outside the penalty area?! Really really annoyed me today, i know the likes of Delph and Bertrand are pretty small but even if only to make a nuisance of themselves they should be in the box!

Yeah, but my point is you COULD, with a very good manager and support team, get those players in, at the required standard, for a lot less than 100m

You are right, but I feel we need to do a lot of work on our team - so it'll be a bigger outlay than for a team like Southampton for example.

We lack quality all over the pitch. The only area I am comfortable with is the strikers, even then I would show Weimann and Gabby the door.

• Like 1

I honestly think, still, that one complete midfielder would totally change the entire look of the team

I think it would take 3 or 4 players and a bit more luck with injuries. That's why if Lambert was given £20m to spend I'd fancy us to be quite good next season, if Lerner doesn't sell up.

• Like 1

I honestly think, still, that one complete midfielder would totally change the entire look of the team

I think it would take 3 or 4 players and a bit more luck with injuries. That's why if Lambert was given £20m to spend I'd fancy us to be quite good next season, if Lerner doesn't sell up.

That'd have us looking a better squad for sure, but we're missing a key player in the middle, and that guy will bring everything else together more than I think most people appreciate

• Like 1

With someone like Petrov in the middle we would undoubtably be better but top 6-7 better, no.

We would need another decent wing back to go along with Bertrand and another quality CB. Okore might be that player. Our midfield needs to be completely restructured due to either a lack of funding or poor decisions in the transfer market by the manager.

Gabby or Weimann aren't consistent enough at Premiership level so we will need someone to play up alongside Benteke and at least one wide player who is better than Albrighton.

Going to take more than Lerner is prepared to spend and a better manager to choose the right players for a less stagnant system than we are playing now.

Big,big changes are needed to get back where we all want this club to be.

I don't think it's as bad as McLeish. McLeish was ultra defensive, relying only on wingers to get past players and whip the ball into the middle. <br />

<br />

At the moment, Albrighton is our only creative spark, and he's doing exactly what McLeish liked. But we've played decent, passing, attacking football on the odd occasion in the last 2 seasons. If we had that extra injection of quality into the team, maybe Lambert would try to play that way more often, instead of relying on long balls that any untalented bunch of players can use to their advantage. <br />

<br />

Say we bought Bertrand and Holtby, and brought in Barry on a free in the summer, we'd be a much more complete and competitive side, which could play a passing style if set up in the right way. <br />

<br />

For example:<br />

<br />

GK: Guzan<br />

<br />

DF: Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore, Bertrand<br />

<br />

MF: Westwood Holtby Barry<br />

<br />

'ST': Albrighton Benteke Gabby

Â