Paul Lambert

limpid

Just awaiting this thread to be closed. Cause I think Lambert is just seeing out his days.

Also could it have been the team were told about a takeover by culverhouse an Karsa saying they were all gonna be F***** off before the new season!!

He won't be here under new owners.

It all depends really. Certainly isn't a guarantee that he won't still be here under new owners.

To all those Lambertiles out there, who is wondering why the majority of fans wants Lamberk out.. here are the main reasons, at least in my opinion:

- Signing of Grant Holt??

- The way he got rid of all of the experienced players, I understand that we have to "renew" ourselves, but to get rid of everything immediately of routine to gamble on inexperienced "kids" is a fail of a project, idiotic, naive.

- Constant changes in formations coupled with no clear football philosophy or identity

- Clever tactical changes  during games, to turn the result around is totally absent

- Certain players plays week in week out, no matter how bad they play, Weimann a good example here.

- Negative football, long balls, too predictable tactics, the counter as our main threat, but we really don't have a general play besides the one dimentional counter that can break teams down, especially at home, so teams can just sit back and we will basically never score

- The poorest home record in all of Villa's history this year.

- And of course, the most obvious one. Our current standing and points in the league, to comparison to last year. There is no progression. And don't come with that "He's had no money to spend".. yes he has, but he has wasted the money on areas we didn't really need to strenghten, or at least positions that weren't the most important.

All in all, I can only see a negative future with Lambert at the helm, and all who disagree with my points here should simply look in the mirror and think about this horrific season, which can quickly end with relegation.

dance-o.gif

• Like 3

So that aside then you feel the away support at the Palace game were chanting Lambert in?

Excellent straw man.

So that aside then you feel the away support at the Palace game were chanting Lambert in?

That's rather a bizarre comment. Where has anyone said that?
Nice side step both of you but the question remains.

The poster stated there was no evidence to suggest that the majority of fans want Lambert out. If you are not prepared to accept a poll on a Villa fan's forum which is conclusive then what was the away support at the Palace game chanting? Was it lambert in, or out?

Pongo you have already stated in a previous post that you would listen to a poll conducted at a Villa game......so?

Edited by shaggy

Just awaiting this thread to be closed. Cause I think Lambert is just seeing out his days.

Also could it have been the team were told about a takeover by culverhouse an Karsa saying they were all gonna be F***** off before the new season!!

He won't be here under new owners.

It all depends really. Certainly isn't a guarantee that he won't still be here under new owners.

I can't see any situation in which Paul Lambert would remain manager under new owners. Even without the previous two seasons performances, the events of the last few days leave him mortally wounded.

My Take on Lambert is this. I think his brief was along the lines of, we are a big club, but in a poor state.  As things stand you will have about £20m each year to spend, but currently the wages are far too high. You need to get that down to, and I'm guessing here, about £50m per year. So about £1m a week. Which is  more than reasonable for a club not chasing European cup slots at the moment.

The trouble is, We had Dunn, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Bent, Given, Hutton and to some extent Nzogbia. who took up half of his spend. 

I think he looked at that lot and decided, they were either, not good enough, disruptive,  or not commited. 

So his task was immense. He took to getting rid, whichever way he could. At this point he has got rid of half of them, and had part of the wages paid by other teams. Obviously not Nzogbia. I don't necessarily put Nzog in the Bomb squad, I just think he new the injury was likely to keep him out for the year.

I don't think this was Just Randy getting ready for a sale, I think the economy crash and his divorce had a major impact. But I do think Lamberts brief still stood.

So he took the view to scout cheaply and pad out where he could, whilst keeping us up. 

I think what has really knocked him this year is injuries. Having overhauled the squad with lower priced players, he tried to strengthen key positions this year with better quality. 

I think Kozak and Okore were his big signings this year in terms of quality. Okore because I think he will be really good and Kozak so Benteke didn't have to play every match. 

Now when I look at our injury list, I'm wondering how Southampton would be doing without Lambert, Rodriguez Loven and Cork. 

Or Newcastle without Collocini, Tiote, Remy and Goufran. 

Or equally How about Liverpool without Suarez and Sturridge 

I still think Lambert should be here next season, he is part way through a project, and if he is replaced, the next guy will still get the same constraints, £50M wage bill and £20m a year to spend. 

Well that's my take on it

• Like 4

The same constraints maybe but there's nothing to say that a new manager wouldn't do better within those constraints so that's no reason to keep Lambert at the club when his record has been so poor.

Hooefully this will be all over soon with a takeover and no more Lambert.

I have the utmost faith you will find something else to bitch and moan about.

Our next manager's successor out!

Oh good one. Love idiotic posts like these. Try watching football for a change.

My posts will be based on how the club I support is doing. You carry on cheering a manager and owner while the club you say you support is struggling.

My Take on Lambert is this. I think his brief was along the lines of, we are a big club, but in a poor state.  As things stand you will have about £20m each year to spend, but currently the wages are far too high. You need to get that down to, and I'm guessing here, about £50m per year. So about £1m a week. Which is  more than reasonable for a club not chasing European cup slots at the moment.

The trouble is, We had Dunn, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Bent, Given, Hutton and to some extent Nzogbia. who took up half of his spend. 

I think he looked at that lot and decided, they were either, not good enough, disruptive,  or not commited. 

So his task was immense. He took to getting rid, whichever way he could. At this point he has got rid of half of them, and had part of the wages paid by other teams. Obviously not Nzogbia. I don't necessarily put Nzog in the Bomb squad, I just think he new the injury was likely to keep him out for the year.

I don't think this was Just Randy getting ready for a sale, I think the economy crash and his divorce had a major impact. But I do think Lamberts brief still stood.

So he took the view to scout cheaply and pad out where he could, whilst keeping us up. 

I think what has really knocked him this year is injuries. Having overhauled the squad with lower priced players, he tried to strengthen key positions this year with better quality. 

I think Kozak and Okore were his big signings this year in terms of quality. Okore because I think he will be really good and Kozak so Benteke didn't have to play every match. 

Now when I look at our injury list, I'm wondering how Southampton would be doing without Lambert, Rodriguez Loven and Cork. 

I still think Lambert should be here next season, he is part way through a project, and if he is replaced, the next guy will still get the same constraints, £50M wage bill and £20m a year to spend. 

Good summary - but you can never use injuries as an excuse - For example Vlaar was always likley to miss a few games - given the patchy form of Clark/Baker, I think the manager should signed 2cb's last summer - and maybe skipped on Helenuis\Tonev.

In addition the injuries could have been covered were it not for the wretched form of Gabby\Weiman.

I believe Lambert is a dead man man walking - Even if Randy stays. Where I differ from most is that I wouldn't envisage any new manager under the same constraints doing much better  

Good summary - but you can never use injuries as an excuse - For example Vlaar was always likley to miss a few games - given the patchy form of Clark/Baker, I think the manager should signed 2cb's last summer - and maybe skipped on Helenuis\Tonev.

In addition the injuries could have been covered were it not for the wretched form of Gabby\Weiman.

I believe Lambert is a dead man man walking - Even if Randy stays. Where I differ from most is that I wouldn't envisage any new manager under the same constraints doing much better  

I think a manager who was also a good technical coach, might well improve our sorry bunch of lads as a team, at least to some degree.  I agree that it would be difficult to "do much better".

The same constraints maybe but there's nothing to say that a new manager wouldn't do better within those constraints so that's no reason to keep Lambert at the club when his record has been so poor.

The new manager will have an easier time with the same constraints, due to the fact that there will be no big loss on players shipped out. For example Bennett: Bought for a fee of 2.75 mill pounds (according to Daily Mail). After two years his book value is now 1.375 mill. He has been the biggest flop, but can easily be sold at a price over 1,375, thus with a booked profit after the depreciation. This means that the new manager (or Lambert if he stays) will have an easier time balancing the books on player purchases toward player sales + depreciation.

This will also give Lambert an easier ride if he gets another season.

Whan a club invest in players, it is important that the player have a sell on value that either is on par with or exceeds the book value. Then the new investments can continue. Aston Villa is there now.

The new manager will have an easier time with the same constraints, due to the fact that there will be no big loss on players shipped out. For example Bennett: Bought for a fee of 2.75 mill pounds (according to Daily Mail). After two years his book value is now 1.375 mill. He has been the biggest flop, but can easily be sold at a price over 1,375, thus with a booked profit after the depreciation. This means that the new manager (or Lambert if he stays) will have an easier time balancing the books on player purchases toward player sales + depreciation.

Whan a club invest in players, it is important that the player have a sell on value that either is on par with or exceeds the book value. Then the new investments can continue. Aston Villa is there now.

Good points but ultimately with another 40plus million spent we are no better a team than we were with Mcleish and that will be Lambert's legacy if he leaves at the end of the season.

Good points but ultimately with another 40plus million spent we are no better a team than we were with Mcleish and that will be Lambert's legacy if he leaves at the end of the season.

I think our strongest 11 is better than what Mcleishs was to be fair. The problem is take out a few key players and we go from being a mid table team to the worse Villa team in premier league history.

That's just it though. You say take out a few key players. What if those players now were Bent, Given, Hutton and for the first 6 months Ireland, That might be close to £10m a year on wages. I'm sure you could have had 2 or 3 £6m plus players and the wages wouldn't be an issue.

Hooefully this will be all over soon with a takeover and no more Lambert.

I have the utmost faith you will find something else to bitch and moan about.

Our next manager's successor out!

Oh good one. Love idiotic posts like these. Try watching football for a change.

My posts will be based on how the club I support is doing. You carry on cheering a manager and owner while the club you say you support is struggling.

I don't support him. I want both out.

Your incessant need to say the same thing over and over is exhausting and ruins threads.

And nice ones about "watching football" and "say you support." You are a much better fan than me. Does that make you feel better?

• Like 4

Â