Paul Lambert

limpid

My posts will be based on how the club I support is doing. You carry on cheering a manager and owner while the club you say you support is struggling.

That's exactly when you should cheer them (the team and the manager, anyway).

Fair weather fans FTL.

Totally agree Moonman. Booing a losing team and manager is idiotic IMO.

• Like 3

My posts will be based on how the club I support is doing. You carry on cheering a manager and owner while the club you say you support is struggling.

That's exactly when you should cheer them (the team and the manager, anyway). 

Fair weather fans FTL. 

I like when you pop into On Topic Mooney.

• Like 1

So that aside then you feel the away support at the Palace game were chanting Lambert in?

Excellent straw man.

So that aside then you feel the away support at the Palace game were chanting Lambert in?

That's rather a bizarre comment. Where has anyone said that?
Nice side step both of you but the question remains.

The poster stated there was no evidence to suggest that the majority of fans want Lambert out. If you are not prepared to accept a poll on a Villa fan's forum which is conclusive then what was the away support at the Palace game chanting? Was it lambert in, or out?

Pongo you have already stated in a previous post that you would listen to a poll conducted at a Villa game......so?

There's nothing wrong with 'sidestepping' a pointless, stupid question.

Your response could also be said to anyone who tried to reason with the woman who said "If God isn't real, why is there a sunset?"

I can't be bothered to read through todays pages of bickering but hopefully everyone will get behind both the players and the manager tomorrow in the quest for 3 points.

Hopefully those that are eager to boo and jeer at the first opportunity will stay away.

We need a positive atmosphere tomorrow not the negative one that some appear keen to revel in.

UTV

• Like 3

I can't be bothered to read through todays pages of bickering but hopefully everyone will get behind both the players and the manager tomorrow in the quest for 3 points.

Hopefully those that are eager to boo and jeer at the first opportunity will stay away.

We need a positive atmosphere tomorrow not the negative one that some appear keen to revel in.

UTV

The important thing is to get behind the team. I don't know why people include the manager in this. As far as I'm concerned, he's a busted flush and the sooner he fades away the better. It turns out he's had little influence on the team this season anyway, apart from letting his personally appointed support staff bully some of our best players.

So, My formula is: cheer for the team, cheer for the club, hope the owner and manager slip quickly away to the obscurity they have earned.

• Like 1

Excellent straw man.

That's rather a bizarre comment. Where has anyone said that?
Nice side step both of you but the question remains.

The poster stated there was no evidence to suggest that the majority of fans want Lambert out. If you are not prepared to accept a poll on a Villa fan's forum which is conclusive then what was the away support at the Palace game chanting? Was it lambert in, or out?

Pongo you have already stated in a previous post that you would listen to a poll conducted at a Villa game......so?

There's nothing wrong with 'sidestepping' a pointless, stupid question.

Your response could also be said to anyone who tried to reason with the woman who said "If God isn't real, why is there a sunset?"

Don't remember the crowd reaction at the Bolton game being dismissed so easily concerning Mcleish or is that also a pointless, stupid question as well?

That was a home game and most of the crowd turned. There's been nothing like that for Lambert. Away fans are not home fans.

We'll see what happens tomorrow I suppose.

That was a home game and most of the crowd turned. There's been nothing like that for Lambert. Away fans are not home fans.

Away fans are usually more patient than the home ones. If they have turned after the Palace game, I suspect that Lambert will get the McLeish treatment should we lose tomorrow. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

Not sure about more patient. They are with regards to results in games. They don't seem to take losses as hard due to the more hardcore drummed in gallows humour.

I'd agree that if we lose tomorrow it won't be pleasant and a large section of the overall fan base will not be happy with Lambert. But equally if we win it'll swing just as much the other way.

Away fans do also not represent all fans. Therefore it's pointless and not representative of our fanbase to the point it could be called 'evidence'.

So away fans cant be used to represent the fans, an online poll can't be used to represent the fans; what's acceptable a poll of every villa fan alive?

What shaggy is saying, that on the whole the majority of villa fans seem to want lambert out and has give his reasons or "evidence" of why he believes this, appears an entirely valid conclusion to me and I cant understand the backlash against it.

• Like 1

Away fans do also not represent all fans. Therefore it's pointless and not representative of our fanbase to the point it could be called 'evidence'.

So we ignore the opinion of the away fans because they are the away fans yet they will be the home fans on Saturday and we don't ignore the away fans opinion when they don't call for Lambert's head and cheer the team. We do though, ignore the opinion of Villa fans on a forum until they too praise the team instead of using valid criticism.  :lol:

So away fans cant be used to represent the fans, an online poll can't be used to represent the fans; what's acceptable a poll of every villa fan alive?

What shaggy is saying, that on the whole the majority of villa fans seem to want lambert out and has give his reasons or "evidence" of why he believes this, appears an entirely valid conclusion to me and I cant understand the backlash against it.

Agreed and if we lose the fifth game on the trot tomorrow playing more dire football he deserves to get some stick if paying customers choose to express their disappointment at the mess that is being served up.

Agreed and if we lose the fifth game on the trot tomorrow playing more dire football he deserves to get some stick if paying customers choose to express their disappointment at the mess that is being served up.

I have never once felt that I am a "customer" in 30 years of following Villa . I know the risks that are involved and I know that the thousands of pounds I have spent over the years entitles me to nothing at all . I wish people understood life a bit more then they would undoubtedly suffer less . I understand being angry when things go bad but I really don't get this petulant sense of entitlement people seem to get following a sports team .

• Like 2

Let's just plod along at the bottom of the table then and accept rubbish.

No, I don't think we should do that at all. I think we need to support the team and club as much as possible.

Â