Paul Lambert

limpid

You'd also struggle to find a team with their first choice and back up striker out injured. Okore we don't know how good he is but he is a starting centre back.

Benteke and Kozak haven't be out all season though have they. Kozak was available until January. Benteke has played in 26 league games for us.

Okore wasn't first choise at the start of the season when he was fit. Would he have been now? he could well have been playing like Paul McGrath or been as bad as Baker and Clark. I and I'd suggest nobody else on here knows.

Benteke is the big miss but even with him in the side we were more often than not crap. You take him out of it and now we are not just more often than not crap we look absolutely toothless.

We have four big players. Vlaar, Delph, Benteke and Gabby. You take just one or two of those out the team or one or two suffer a loss of form and we go from being at times half decent to diabolical.

However as poor as the squad is that is no excuse for a lack of fight and determination. It is possible to make up for a lack quality by giving your all and wanting it just that bit more than the opposition. Yesterday and for a number of weeks we have lacked a real hunger and desire. Against Palace last week we simply went through the motions. Yesterday we started off like it was a pre season friendly. If you can't at least bust your balls and come off the pitch having given your all when the Premier League future of this great club in on the line there is something seriously wrong.

This isn't just about one game, or the last few weeks or two or three injuries though is it. I wish it was. The club is rotten from top to bottom. A chairman that doesn't care, a manager with his hands tied financially but simply not good enough, coaching staff seemingly not good enough and unprofessional and a squad not only lacking in quality but recently in effort and determination.

For the next three weeks we can't change most of the things that are wrong. What the manager can do though is the very least you'd expect which is to send the players out giving their all, working their bollocks off, closing down the opposition, chasing every ball, going into every challenge like their like depended on it, showing an all out determination to ensure that this great club is in the top flight next season. I'll forgive a lack of quality. A lack of effort though will be unforgivable.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Pot-ay-toh. Pot-ar-toh.

No. We create **** all not because we weren't higher up the pitch but because we have no creativity in the side. By all means beat Lambert up about his failure to address that but not over a 0-0 draw with a better team than us.

If you press high up the pitch and close people down naturally you have more men forward and you're closer to the opposition goal to get shots in.

60 minutes played zero shots on target yesterday. Just not good enough.

And leave space behind for players like... Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana to run in behind. Judging by the fact they did get in behind a few times we were pushed up plenty enough I think.
By that logic you would sit back the whole game. Sometimes you need to be brave to win a game.
Would that have worked better against Southampton last time we played them?

Possibly - we completely fluked that game and deserved to lose.

You also leave massive gaping holes behind your midfield for the infinitely better opponents to run in behind you and rape your defence.

No shots on target can't solely be blamed on Lambert can it? Gabby and Weimann had that job.....

I agree it can't be solely blamed on Lambert but he has to take ultimate responsibility for a team.

When you're paying a manager approx. £2m a year and his team can't get one shot on target for 60 minutes of football (after 4 defeats on the bounce) you have to question his ability.

86% of Villa fans agree it's time for him to go. 

You also leave massive gaping holes behind your midfield for the infinitely better opponents to run in behind you and rape your defence.

No shots on target can't solely be blamed on Lambert can it? Gabby and Weimann had that job.....

I agree it can't be solely blamed on Lambert but he has to take ultimate responsibility for a team.

When you're paying a manager approx. £2m a year and his team can't get one shot on target for 60 minutes of football (after 4 defeats on the bounce) you have to question his ability.

His salary is about on par with the rest of the league....shots on target are not solely his responsibility if the strikers can't hit a barn door that's not ultimately his fault at all.

You mean 86% of people on one villa internet forum with less than 500 responses want Lambert out. Its already been explained why that poll is meaniness.

His salary is about on par with the rest of the league....shots on target are not solely his responsibility if the strikers can't hit a barn door that's not ultimately his fault at all.

You mean 86% of people on one villa internet forum with less than 500 responses want Lambert out. Its already been explained why that poll is meaniness.

About on par with the rest of the league? So by that logic as we're so poor he is under performing.

The poll isn't meaningless if it is one of or the biggest poll of Villa fans views we have. I guess if you have  a minority view you'd like to ignore what the masses think.

• Like 2

Eh, you are conveniently forgetting a second poll and the question I asked you concerning the fans reaction at the Palace game which you failed to answer.

Pot-ay-toh. Pot-ar-toh.

No. We create **** all not because we weren't higher up the pitch but because we have no creativity in the side. By all means beat Lambert up about his failure to address that but not over a 0-0 draw with a better team than us.

If you press high up the pitch and close people down naturally you have more men forward and you're closer to the opposition goal to get shots in.

And leave space behind for players like... Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana to run in behind. Judging by the fact they did get in behind a few times we were pushed up plenty enough I think.
By that logic you would sit back the whole game. Sometimes you need to be brave to win a game.

Haha brilliant.

If the bit in bold is really true, I wonder if there is any point in having a manager at all.

(Although just in case this point is taken too literally, I should say I don't agree at all with the argument in the post and exactly what we have a manager for is to achieve things like better performances from his players. Unfortunately the manager we have at the moment doesn't seem very good at this.)

Edited by briny_ear

If the bit in bold is really true, I wonder if there is any point in having a manager at all.

(Although just in case this point is taken too literally, I should say I don't agree at all with the argument in the post and exactly what we have a manager for is to achieve things like better performances from his players. Unfortunately the manager we have at the moment doesn't seem very good at this.)

For me those situations come down to a players quality. You can't really teach a striker to shoot better at that age. You can reach them movement and positioning though. They seem to get into some decent pisitions but then finishing let's them down.

Its the same for when a player mid controls or mid places a pass.

These things are down to the players themselves, Lambert as a manager that picked them is responsible though. Although he doesn't have much choice at the moment. He'll get the blame for that too though.

Lambert has failed to improve the team in the last two seasons, the football is worse if anything,,,,,,,, He has to go regardless of a takeover or not, he has now lost his two allies if they were out of order how long did he allow it to run and what damage has it caused the Club!

The comparison between us and Soton was embarrassing yday, and i put most if it down to poor coaching. Soton play exactly how i want us to play, good movement, good possession, comfortable on the ball .I believe Delph, Bacuna, Bennett, Sylla , even Gabby would be much better players with better coaching, the reason, for me, why we are where we are yet again, is because of poor recruitment, and poor coaching.

Whoever owns/manages us next season, i hope we have a good football coach.

• Like 1

The comparison between us and Soton was embarrassing yday, and i put most if it down to poor coaching. Soton play exactly how i want us to play, good movement, good possession, comfortable on the ball .I believe Delph, Bacuna, Bennett, Sylla , even Gabby would be much better players with better coaching, the reason, for me, why we are where we are yet again, is because of poor recruitment, and poor coaching.

Whoever owns/manages us next season, i hope we have a good football coach.

Agree.

Pot-ay-toh. Pot-ar-toh.

Haha brilliant.

78% possession vs 22% and 21 shots vs 6 shots.

You can't rely on scoring screamers every week and letting the opposition have that many attempts at your goal.

The proof is in the pudding. We've got 1 point in 5 with that tactic and face another relegation battle.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I decided a week ago that enough was enough and that two seasons is enough to show what you are capable of as a manager. I am fully aware of all of Lambert's problems regarding the financial restrictions he is facing, but he just seems to struggle with getting a team ready to fight now.

When the Culverhouse news came, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, and as many here I expected a rejuvenated team coming at Southampton. That did not happen, and it is very disappointing.

I don't think Lambert is here when the next season starts. It will actually be a gamble for the club to let him stay. Why is that? Well, apparently his manager style has given a lot of responsibility to his coaches and he has had a hands off approach (if we are to believe what we hear). It is like taking on a new an inexperienced manager if Lambert is the manager next season with a totally new style, where he is involved in the daily training and is in reality taking in a new role for him.

Remember: What made Lambert a success in his previous clubs was actually a style where he let his coaches have the hands on role. Now they are gone.

Edited by DeepDish

I decided a week ago that enough was enough and that two seasons is enough to show what you are capable of as a manager. I am fully aware of all of Lambert's problems regarding the financial restrictions he is facing, but he just seems to struggle with getting a team ready to fight now.

When the Culverhouse news came, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt, and as many here I expected a rejuvenated team coming at Southampton. That did not happen, and it is very disappointing.

I don't think Lambert is here when the next season starts. It will actually be a gamble for the club to let him stay. Why is that? Well, apparently his manager style has given a lot of responsibility to his coaches and he has had a hands off approach (if we are to believe what we hear). It is like taking on a new an inexperienced manager if Lambert is the manager next season with a totally new style, where he is involved in the daily training and is in reality taking in a new role for him.

Remember: What made Lambert a success in his previous clubs was actually a style where he let his coaches have the hands on role. Now they are gone.

And one of the reasons Lambert and his hands off approach is still here is sadly because Mr Lerner also uses this approach towards Aston Villa

Shay Given usurpes Lamberts throne in his first game in his new role.

RsCKFb2.png

I see Holt positioned himself next to the ruck-sack. No doubt hoping there were a few snacks in there (pork pies, quiches, flans etc!)

ahahahbahahahahahahaaaaahahahaha

How do you do it? Unbounded wit.

Â