Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert should be given decent ££ and another season.

*dons tin hat.... Leaves thread.

Sometimes I look at the likes of Bentake, Vlaar, Okore and think what could this guy bring in if he had some real money to spend.

Other times I look at tactics, his decision making, the lack of consistency and think has this man really earned the right to spend big? Do we really want another new manager left to work with expensive signings that weren't his own?

If Lerner stays in charge I don't care who the manager is, we are doomed either way. may as well keep Lambert as he has survived once and should a second time. If we have new owners I think a fresh start with a new manager would be the best approach.

• Like 2

Lambert should be given decent ££ and another season.

*dons tin hat.... Leaves thread.

Sometimes I look at the likes of Bentake, Vlaar, Okore and think what could this guy bring in if he had some real money to spend.

Other times I look at tactics, his decision making, the lack of consistency and think has this man really earned the right to spend big? Do we really want another new manager left to work with expensive signings that weren't his own?

If Lerner stays in charge I don't care who the manager is, we are doomed either way. may as well keep Lambert as he has survived once and should a second time. If we have new owners I think a fresh start with a new manager would be the best approach.

You also have to consider how big a role Culverhouse and Karsa played? I haven't clue who did what roles as part of the management team. Time may reveal more.

Maybe we have already got rid of the Villa manager in Culverhouse and got ourselves a new one in Cowans.

And Culverhouse would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kitchen staff.  ;)

• Like 3

I'm not happy with tactics and substitutions, but I'm also not watching every training session so I cant say whether his decisions are justified.

If Crystal Palace was the only time he waited until it was far too late to make the obvious substitution(s) then fair enough ... but its not, time and again he has made baffling substitutions, at least this time they were the correct ones but far far too late to avoid the obvious & I cant imagine any reasonable defence to that ??

For God sake give the guy a break. We don't need all this bloody damn negativity eating away at us because it is totally degenerative.

It is, but so was the above, Lambert has so many parts of the puzzle that he has no influence on, but watching the game is something he can do & one assumes the ability to realise its all going pear-shaped and its time to make a change .. why he no do? , seriously why ?  [something the fans have to consider re the manager]

We can all agree to give him 100% backing for the sake of the club but he has had that backing all season and yet he still makes points-losing stupid schoolboy mistakes... even with a better squad (and personally I quite like most of ours) what makes us think he would not make the same mistakes ?

Or perhaps the other training issues have something to do with player management and general enthusiasm? .. who knows, the next couple of games should give us a clue.

Anyway, love your enthusiasm and loyalty & hope you are right, but like Lambert we need to be realistic as well, if only to make sure he knows that he has to clean his glasses.

The Guardian's standard 10 Things to Look Out for in the Premier League article this week asks the question, "Is Lambert victim or cause of Villa's ugly mess?"

I don't know what the answer is to that question. I want to believe he's the victim, mostly because I have supported him and have believed that he is the right man for us, and logically no one wants to discover they've been backing the wrong horse. And there really isn't any evidence on any side of this argument, for or against -- there are rumors, there are ITK's with no names and no sources, there is lots and lots of endless speculation, but that's all it is.

I don't want to speculate. Whatever happens, happens. All that matters to me now is Saturday. I dread it, but I'm also really looking forward to it. Let's see what happens on the pitch. Because that is ultimately the only thing that matters -- what happens on the pitch.

UTV.

• Like 1

That was a home game and most of the crowd turned. There's been nothing like that for Lambert. Away fans are not home fans.

We'll see what happens tomorrow I suppose.

Away fans do also not represent all fans. Therefore it's pointless and not representative of our fanbase to the point it could be called 'evidence'.

So we ignore the opinion of the away fans because they are the away fans yet they will be the home fans on Saturday and we don't ignore the away fans opinion when they don't call for Lambert's head and cheer the team. We do though, ignore the opinion of Villa fans on a forum until they too praise the team instead of using valid criticism. :lol:
This is like talking to a child. Therefore this is my last post on the subject, because it's frustrating even trying to find out how you came to that conclusion.

Depending on the allocation, our away fans are roughly one tenth/twentieth of our home support. That's isn't a big enough sample size, in my opinion, to get a 'majority opinion' of Villa fans. Our home support is the best way to judge whether the majority of fans are for/against Lambert. Simply because there are 30,000+ people, including adults, children, ST holders and away fans.

As an example, it would be like asking 2,000 away fans to complete a survey on what they would like our next badge to look like. 80% of them might agree, but their opinion may be completely different to 24,000 season ticket holders. Furthermore, another 15,000 fans who just come to the odd game, here and there, might have a completely different opinion. But what do they all have in common? They support the Villa, and therefore come to most home games. Therefore, in my opinion, the home fans are the best way to work out a majority opinion of Villa fans (without actually sending a survey to every known Villa fan in the world).

Nowhere in the quoted posts, have we mentioned that your opinion is more valid if you praise the team.

Apologies for spelling it out, much like you would to a toddler. But I've just woken up and seen the quoted posts that made no sense.

Can we draw up a list of years people were born? I think we need to look at who is allowed an opinion. Anybody born after 1980 doesn't count? Age is certainly the best way to choose who knows better!

Can we include Methusela in that? He was born a Villa fan in 687 AD before Villa had even been invented. He's also a big Paul Lambert fan. :P & so sagacious ;)

I knew his dad

You have to love VT for replies like this

Let's just plod along at the bottom of the table then and accept rubbish.

No, I don't think we should do that at all. I think we need to support the team and club as much as possible.
blind faith? You see that is all i am seeing being called for. Supporters / fans call them what you want have a perfect right to voice an opinion whenever they want. Having views suppressed just because those who dont want hear any dissenting voices is far more destructive

Â