Paul Lambert

limpid

Sorry Paul, but its time to go.

We need some fresh ideas and motivation, something you no longer bring to the team.

Glenn Hoddle is my realistic pick as the replacement, now. 

Andre Villas-Boas would be my long term target.

Convince Frank Rijkaard to come out of retirement until the summer and have some fun.

The reason Lambert is still in the job has nothing to do with football. It is politics and finance. If we went down he'd still make a bomb.

Lerner is unwilling to part with Lambert because he has just given him a 4-year deal, arguably the most stupid decision a chairman of Aston Villa has ever made (and that's really saying something). He then has to potentially pay compensation for a new manager, and take a risk on sacking somebody that has kept the club up twice before. Seeing as he knows absolutely **** all about football, he sees it as black and white that if Lambert has done it before, it's not worth the risk of not letting him do it again.

I'd rather Lerner sell the club than Lambert be sacked, but I 100% want both. If we went down, I wouldn't even mind as long as we actually had something to be optimistic about!

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

Only a mad man would take the managers job at this stage, we look doomed. I can see Roy Keane taking over as it would add a few chapters to his 3rd book and give his beard even more air time. I think I'll remember the whole Keane affair more than anything from this crap season unless we manage to turn it round and stay up. :-(

I feel half the names being floated are extremely unrealistic. We will never get Laudrup of Villa Boas ever in our lifetime. 

So we can't attract a manager who took the Swansea job. Get real, we are Aston Villa, that still means something.

It's not about our club status its about the money. 

Edited by electronicmaji

I feel half the names being floated are extremely unrealistic. We will never get Laudrup of Villa Boas ever in our lifetime. 

So we can't attract a manager who took the Swansea job. Get real, we are Aston Villa, that still means something.

It's not about our club status its about the money. 

In our entire lifetime. Tad over the top. In my lifetime I have seen us in the third division, second division, champions of England, champions of  Europe, and inaugural members of the Premier league. A lifetime is a long time. A genuinely silly comment.Besides, compared to going down, Lamberts wages, or any managers wages, are peanuts.

• Like 2

We aren't down yet lads but it's difficult to find any reasons to think we might survive another season.

I'd hoped Gil and Sinclair would fire us but as good as Gil has been he can't drag the dross with him. Lambert can't do anything right, he hardly ever get's the tactics or the team right even when he does he messes it up with stupid substitutions.

Lerner is the main problem but he's trying to get out so at least he's doing the right thing in that but meanwhile we have to watch while the most inept manager in our history faff's around, look gormless on the touchline and ramble afterwards............"we go again" arrgh!

101 games 50 defeats is as bad as it get's, I seem to recall when Lerner brought us that it was said that when we won the league and European Cup he was at Cambridge Uni, it was suggested that he had kept an interest in Villa because of this but I now think that some Villa fan must have given him one hell of a kicking and he has been using his wealth to unleash death by a thousand cuts upon us! Okay I'm only kidding there but no way could he really want the best for Aston Villa because if he did Lambert would be out.

I said it 2 seasons ago and nothing has happened to change my mind, Lambert will relegate us, if not this season then certainly before his 4 yr contract is up.

I have had enough of his dour dull Scottish boring monotone voice.

the minute he opens his gob I instantly nod off.

needed sacking this time last year.

Sherwood got more points in 22 games than lambert got in 38 the last 3 yrs.

and at least Sherwood shows more passion in his little finger than the idiot we have now.

Sherwood in til the end of the season. He's got a shocker of a reputation, but I've no idea why. Bit of a tit? Who cares. He's got a pretty good record that a lot of people tend to miss. Could he possibly do worse than Lambert? Not a chance. If anything, a billy big balls might be what the players need to wake them up. Lambert strikes me as a bit of a pushover these days - perhaps because he's done giving a toss?

Comparing Sherwood and Lambert is absolutely futile - totally different circumstances at totally different clubs.

Tottenham had spent 105 million quid in the summer before Sherwood took over.

No need for comparisons. We are at last chance saloon before relegation. Get him in.

Only a mad man would take the managers job at this stage, we look doomed. I can see Roy Keane taking over as it would add a few chapters to his 3rd book and give his beard even more air time. I think I'll remember the whole Keane affair more than anything from this crap season unless we manage to turn it round and stay up. :-(

That's not true. Look at pulis he has and turned it around. Look at blose they were in a terrible opinion and now they are comfortable midsole.we just need a new manager.we are a huge club with a good squad to stay up. Back to back wins under new leadership and we are out of it.Lamebert can't even win one game let alone back to back

Can't believe this unpopular clown hadn't resigned

Â