Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

If we sign Cleverly I will start to believe a takeover is on the cards.

I reckon the opposite - you wouldn't buy a new kitchen if you were in the process of selling your house.

I sell kitchens for a living and you couldn't be more wrong.

Can you do me a discount?

• Like 2

If we sign Cleverly I will start to believe a takeover is on the cards.

I reckon the opposite - you wouldn't buy a new kitchen if you were in the process of selling your house.

I sell kitchens for a living and you couldn't be more wrong.

Can you do me a discount?

If you are serious then PM me mate .

• Like 3

Would the people who are not a fan of this transfer rumour be happier if the price was £5m or £6m? Because the press are just guessing the bids from us, Hull and Valencia. Like most transfers, they could be wrong, and don't forget, Lambert has a history of getting decent value for money.

Most of us would jump at the chance of Martinez managing us yet he also wants the player at Everton, If he is such a bad player would this really be the case or is it the managers can see things we dont.

what a load of nonsense. Martinez may feel that Cleverly's the missing part of his team at Everton. Whereas we know that's not the case at Villa as we're badly in need of creativity and goals

we know we've barely got a pot to piss in, so spending what little we do have on yet another fairly average CM seems a tad bonkers

it's like when you need a number 10 but spend what little you have on another striker ... all over AGAIN

Would the people who are not a fan of this transfer rumour be happier if the price was £5m or £6m? Because the press are just guessing the bids from us, Hull and Valencia. Like most transfers, they could be wrong, and don't forget, Lambert has a history of getting decent value for money.

Without considering anything else I'd happily take Cleverley being added to the squad right now, whatever the cost. It's not my money.

If the real price being £5m instead of £8m means we can afford a winger however, then I'd much prefer that.

If we're not getting a winger either way then it doesn't really matter. It just seems like kind of a shame that Lambert's bought Benteke, Vlaar and Okore and his record fee is going to be Cleverley (unless it isn't, of course).

Me too ArteSuave, I'll be happy if he signs (if a little confused of Lambert's planned first 11!), but I'm wondering whether the price is the main reason some people seem against this signing.

I actually think he'd be a good signing for us but at £8million I think we missed out on other options.

Cole is the guy to link midfield and attack and there's nobody else at the club who plays that role, Cleverley would do that job and at United it's a classic case of a good player playing in the wrong position.

For the last few years Cleverley hasn't really played in positions that suited him because of the players ahead of him, one being the ever present Rooney, and so he's dropped back and looked awkward as he struggles to cope with the physicality of central midfield. We can only assume he'd play the link man at Villa and his passing is top notch as is his dribbling and vision, I have to say before the World Cup I was dead against him making the squad but not because he's a bad player but because he's not going to add anything in a deeper lying central midfield position or on the wing (plus his form was poor), at Villa I think we'd have a good place for his talents as well as a good position.

Would be a great signing I think, as long as we keep Delph, play him in the more advanced role of the midfield 3, almost as a number 10 as Joe Cole will never be fit. That's when Cleverly has his best form in the Premier League for Wigan, and in spells for Man U. 

People keep saying that we could get better value for money but I can't think of many players as good as Cleverley who we'd get for a smaller fee. Maybe if we took a risk on someone we'd get lucky but we tried that already and it hasn't exactly worked out.

People keep saying that we could get better value for money but I can't think of many players as good as Cleverley who we'd get for a smaller fee. Maybe if we took a risk on someone we'd get lucky but we tried that already and it hasn't exactly worked out.

Georginio Wijnaldum

• Like 1

Georginio Wijnaldum

Did you ring up his club and ask how much they wanted for him or are you just basing this on how much you bought him for in Football Manager?

Â