Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Stan I'm sure your right, but honestly, most of their fans seem to have the same view as me, the others have some sentimentality for a product of their youth team, I never got the hype over him, unlike Wilshere and Barkley who have showed some talent, I honestly do not understand what he does that's good.

The closest player I can compare him too is Bannan. I felt we were robbing palace when we got £1.75 mill for him. We would be getting a seeing to for £8mill.

Jonjo Shelvy was derided by everyone when he signed for Swansea, because he wasn't really good enough for the top four. 32 starts, 6 goals - I'd love a midfielder at VP to be that shit.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

With regards fee , evidently there are 3 clubs inc us interested in him so there is a bidding war going on.

Makes me laugh seeing people patting Woodward of United on back for getting 8mil for him as if he is some Levy esq transfer wiz.This a CEO who has overseen 46mil spent on 2 left sided defenders in one transfer window ( one who the manager considers not fit enough the other who still has no paperwork to play ) AND sent a player on loan ( Nani) paying 100% of his wages.

8mil is alot for us but then we spent 8mil on NRC so in that case it looks a good deal.Ultimately it looks like he could come in and KEA goes out which to my mind is an upgrade.

My concern is that he is neat and tidy in the westwood mold so should we spend this kind of money when other area's are more concerning...

• Like 1

Stan I'm sure your right, but honestly, most of their fans seem to have the same view as me, the others have some sentimentality for a product of their youth team, I never got the hype over him, unlike Wilshere and Barkley who have showed some talent, I honestly do not understand what he does that's good.

The closest player I can compare him too is Bannan. I felt we were robbing palace when we got £1.75 mill for him. We would be getting a seeing to for £8mill.

Don't confuse our level with Man U're's. He's good enough to win the league. Better than Chelsea, Man City, Liverplop, Arsenal. He must have something to offer a team trying to stay up.

If you take away Milner's last season for us, is there really much of a difference between him and Cleverley.

Are you serious. Milner was an absolute engine, complete box to box player with a decent strike as well. That's two more things that Cleverley doesn't possess.

I'm a bit too young to really remember but we're people this underwhelmed when we signed McGrath?

Wasn't the internet then or was very early days (as came out around the time we signed McGrath) and no proper message boards like here so hard to judge!

I was 9 and was absolutely thrilled to bits that i went and brought ''Shoot'' magazine that had a cover picture of Paul McGrath & Kent Nielsen on

Edited by Villan4Life

I'm a bit too young to really remember but we're people this underwhelmed when we signed McGrath?

Wasn't the internet then or was very early days and no proper message boards so hard to judge!

I was 9 and was absolutely thrilled to bits that i went and brought ''Shoot'' magazine that had a cover picture of Paul McGrath & Kent Nielsen on

There were the radio phone-ins though.

• Like 1

Wasn't the internet then or was very early days and no proper message boards so hard to judge!

There were the radio phone-ins though.

good point!! :) dunno then, anyone else who remembers care to say what the initial feeling was

United are meant to

If you take away Milner's last season for us, is there really much of a difference between him and Cleverley.

Are you serious. Milner was an absolute engine, complete box to box player with a decent strike as well. That's two more things that Cleverley doesn't possess.

Milner's final season he was brilliant when he played centrally and that's what earned him his big money move to Man City but before and after that I think he's been pretty average, a good realiable Premiership player but nothing special. Reminds me a bit of Steve Stone if i'm honest, think he's overrated on here.

But at the same time i'd be happy to have him back here in the hope that he'd be played centrally and that he could recapture his form from his last season with us.

• Like 1

Wasn't the internet then or was very early days (as came out around the time we signed McGrath) and no proper message boards like here so hard to judge!

People still spoke to each other in the 80's you know !

In 2012-13, when United won the title, Fergie started Cleverly in 18 league matches.

He would've started all 38 of United's league matches, but he's crap and not good enough.

Good enough for whom? A team trying to win the league or a team trying to stay in it?

• Like 1

dunno used to fight more in those days  :D

• Like 1

Yes but you had to arrange to stay in just to receive a phone call from your mates.

Oh, i'm sorry... i really didn't know that!! no need to be sarcastic pal!! i mentioned the net as a wider reaction to signings as can gauge people's reactions very quickly...

But yeah, radio phone in's and talking to people regarding the signings..

Edited by Villan4Life

In 2012-13, when United won the title, Fergie started Cleverly in 18 league matches.

He would've started all 38 of United's league matches, but he's crap and not good enough.

Good enough for whom? A team trying to win the league or a team trying to stay in it?

I was being sarcastic. He's obviously good enough for us.

• Like 2

Â