Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

What if..... Lambert is looking at Cleverly because we can afford his wages and, he sees him as a replacement for Delph, whose wages we can't afford to renew?

It might be possible that Lambert has been asked about Delph and knowing that the club can't afford to renew a contract on the wages he gets now, he's decided to cash in and replace him with Cleverly.

No can't be..

I hope not too but, with the Villa at the moment, anything is possible.

• Like 1

Stan I'm sure your right, but honestly, most of their fans seem to have the same view as me, the others have some sentimentality for a product of their youth team, I never got the hype over him, unlike Wilshere and Barkley who have showed some talent, I honestly do not understand what he does that's good.

The closest player I can compare him too is Bannan. I felt we were robbing palace when we got £1.75 mill for him. We would be getting a seeing to for £8mill.

Don't confuse our level with Man U're's. He's good enough to win the league. Better than Chelsea, Man City, Liverplop, Arsenal. He must have something to offer a team trying to stay up.

By that same logic, Park Ji-Sung should have been a world-beater for QPR. 

Not really. Park Ji-Sung was not getting much game time at Man Ure anymore, moved to QPR, got injured and only played 20 times. He was also 87 years old.

A 25 year old Park Ji-Sung would have been most welcome at Villa Park.

Would rather Kagawa for the reported 8m that Dortmund have offered, but if the choice was us or Dortmund I know who the majority would choose.

Cleverley would be a decent signing, and he's 25 with a wealth of experience. Could tie him down for his best years. Midfield of Westwood, Delph, Sanchez, Cleverley, Richardson, Bacuna, Zog, Gardner, Grealish and Cole looks a lot better that last year.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind something like this when we're full strength.

- - - - - Benteke - Weimann - - - - -

- - - - - - - Cleverley - - - - - - -

- - Delph - - - - - - - - Westwood - -

- - - - - - - - Sanchez - - - - - - -

Cissokho - Vlaar - - Senderos - Hutton

- - - - - - - - Guzan - - - - - - - -

That team would keep possession fairly well, I reckon.

Or you could put Cleverley in midfield with Delph and Sanchez, and swap Westwood for N'Zogbia/ Gabby / Grealish in a 4-3-3.

Thats right. Oh wait.. Weimann is in the team, there goes the possession.

Would rather Kagawa for the reported 8m that Dortmund have offered, but if the choice was us or Dortmund I know who the majority would choose.

Cleverley would be a decent signing, and he's 25 with a wealth of experience. Could tie him down for his best years. Midfield of Westwood, Delph, Sanchez, Cleverley, Richardson, Bacuna, Zog, Gardner, Grealish and Cole looks a lot better that last year.

I saw the same reports and was thinking along the same lines but, as you say, I'm sure the player would prefer Dortmund.

Having said that, Cleverley has been picked ahead of Kagawa on many occasions by 3 (4 if you include Giggs) different Man U managers, so maybe he is the better bet after all?

as much as I rated him at Dortmund Im starting to think the Kagawa hype is one of great myths of English football. 3 managers havent fancied him and maybe best for him if he went

• Like 2

In 2012-13, when United won the title, Fergie started Cleverly in 18 league matches.

He would've started all 38 of United's league matches, but he's crap and not good enough.

for a team that won the title. so the fact he played 18 games in a league winning team makes him a bad player  :crylaugh:

Valencia have made a bid now according to SSN......

English players never move abroad :)

I wouldn't mind Cleverley at Villa, as he is a definite improvement on what we have, but it would make a refreshing change for a young English player to move abroad and learn a different approach to playing football. It can only improve him as a player, and he will be able to rebuild his reputation out of the limelight of the English press. There is a good player in there somewhere, otherwise he would have left United years ago.

Villan-from-Texas, you really should have put a winky smiley. No one can detect sarcasm that well hidden ;)

Hope this happens, will be a great signing. tried and tested and will go straight in the first team. Amazing how players like him are always knocked but when they are not in the team are really missed.

I too agree that he would go straight into the first team, but I am wondering where he would play. Would Lambert go for 3 centre mids (Delph, Cleverley & Sanchez) and drop Westwood, who's been one of our more consistent players? Or will Lambert go for the diamond formation with all 4 of them starting, with Cleverley or Delph at the tip of the diamond? Or will Lambert do an Arsene Wenger and convert an attacking midfielder into a wide player, swapping Cleverley for Gabby or Weimann as a wide option? He'll work as hard as them two, and probably wouldn't be as wasteful, but I've only seen him play in that forward position a few times.

In 2012-13, when United won the title, Fergie started Cleverly in 18 league matches.

He would've started all 38 of United's league matches, but he's crap and not good enough.

for a team that won the title. so the fact he played 18 games in a league winning team makes him a bad player  :crylaugh:

That was the league that just nobody wanted though. Every team just fell apart, United won it because of Ferguson's experience, brilliance & fear factor. It was obvious how bad that United team was & when Moyes took over they were completely shown up. People say oh he had 18 starts in a league winning side he must be good. Yet the very same season Johnny Evans had 21 starts and 3 nights ago was given a school by a league one team, and people talking about him getting goals, Evans managed 3 goals to Cleverley's 2 that year. I don't see anyone saying go out & buy Evans for £10m.

• Like 1

Not sure on where he will play but the lad has a shot and a pass in him, he is quick thinking and hard working, not sure on Westwood, not a bad player but he is not moving us on, I think Keano has a hand in this and we may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

Â