Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

The first signing in a while where I have felt that there is no potential to get our money back or more for him than we paid in the future

That might not necessarily be a bad thing. What's to say he won't make a name for himself here and be with us for the next 5+ years?

Tbh, you said he was shit.

2n6mwy.png

• Like 2

The first signing in a while where I have felt that there is no potential to get our money back or more for him than we paid in the future

That might not necessarily be a bad thing. What's to say he won't make a name for himself here and be with us for the next 5+ years?

How sad that you're willing to trawl through old threads and even take the trouble of screencapping a post just to point score. You know that you can just click on the little hash number in the top right corner of the post to generate a link to it? Just a tip for future point scoring needs.

I still stand by what I said - they've been pretty shit for England but Cleverley could do well here. It's not like I've said he's definitely going to be amazing or anything. Is that allowed?

I'd say the same about Rooney as well - he's shit for England but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take him here.

Better luck next time.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

How sad that you're willing to trawl through old threads and even take the trouble of screencapping a post just to point score. You know that you can just click on the little hash number in the top right corner of the post to generate a link to it? Just a tip for future point scoring needs.

I still stand by what I said - they've been pretty shit for England but Cleverley could do well here. It's not like I've said he's definitely going to be amazing or anything. Is that allowed?

I'd say the same about Rooney as well - he's shit for England but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take him here.

Better luck next time.

The thread was 'Random players who score against us' - so unless they score for England against us?

Not point scoring at all, you are entitled to change your mind. Fair play for recognising a Villa bid to justify it.

And I was looking at the thread to see about Shane Long, as I was talking to my Saints supporting friend. I just looked at the Cleverley stuff at the same time.

Edited by dodgyknees

I don't really rate Cleverley and I'm not sure that he would improve us much. I suppose an £8m fee is fairly par for the course when players like Jake Livermore are being bought for that much too, but it does feel a bit like scrimping and saving all year just so you can take all of your money into the back garden and set fire to it.

• Like 1

I've mixed feelings about the potential signing. Id be surprised if he left for Spain considering he'd be looking to kick start his career/England place. But the lure of living in Spain has to be factored in, Valencia aren't that big a deal these days though.

A midfield of Delph Sanchez & Cleverley looks a damn sight better with latter two in there over Westwood & El Ahmadi.

2n6mwy.png

Ouch

• Like 1

Hull paid around £6m for Huddlestone and £8m for Livermore, so I'd say around £7/8m was about representative pricing.

I remember us being linked with Darron Gibson for a few years and how everyone hated the idea, yet he turned out to be exactly what Everton needed until he picked up an ACL injury.

At 25 he got so much experience yet is just coming into his prime, age wise. The more I think about it, the happier I would be if he signed.

Would be so happy if this went through. Would give is much much more balance. £8m isn't bad (he's far better than Jake Livermore and also a different type of player) and I feel he will show what he can do playing under less pressure, which will help build his confidence up.

Better luck next time.

The thread was 'Random players who score against us' - so unless they score for England against us?

Not point scoring at all, you are entitled to change your mind. Fair play for recognising a Villa bid to justify it.

And I was looking at the thread to see about Shane Long, as I was talking to my Saints supporting friend. I just looked at the Cleverley stuff at the same time.

Zatman was talking about these players and mentioned England and I was responding to that.

Definitely seems like point scoring to me and I don't think for one second that you just happened to come across it, not after the "genuine" question a few pages back. Just remember my little tip for future attempts so you can save yourself some time.

The Villa bid's got nothing to do with it. If you had asked me a week ago what I thought about him I would've said the same thing - shit for England, poor for Man United for the past season or so, not as good as Delph but could do something at a lower club.

Edited by Mantis

Hull paid around £6m for Huddlestone and £8m for Livermore, so I'd say around £7/8m was about representative pricing.

I remember us being linked with Darron Gibson for a few years and how everyone hated the idea, yet he turned out to be exactly what Everton needed until he picked up an ACL injury.

At 25 he got so much experience yet is just coming into his prime, age wise. The more I think about it, the happier I would be if he signed.

This is the Bride theory on pricing. "You think 8,000 is crazy for flowers? Vanessa had to pay 13,000, so we are getting a great deal."

• Like 1

@Mantis, sorry but it doesn't read like that.

Zatman... "...Most criticized in the England squad and they go and score against us (Aston Villa)."

Mantis... "They're shit. One game (Vs Villa, same conversation) doesn't change that.

The conversation is a league game ('one game') and it 'doesn't change the fact they are shit' based on that one league game. I.E, still shit even though they had a good league game.

Like I said, nothing wrong with having a complete change of heart and fair play to you.

@Mantis, sorry but it doesn't read like that.

Zatman... "...Most criticized in the England squad and they go and score against us (Aston Villa)."

Mantis... "They're shit. One game (Vs Villa, same conversation) doesn't change that.

The conversation is a league game ('one game') and it 'doesn't change the fact they are shit' based on that one league game. I.E, still shit even though they had a good league game.

Like I said, nothing wrong with having a complete change of heart and fair play to you.

Well that's not how it was - I think they're shit for England and one good league performance didn't change that for me.

Have you even been reading my posts? I haven't had a change of heart at all - my opinion on Cleverley is pretty much the same as it always was.

Â