Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

People keep saying that we could get better value for money but I can't think of many players as good as Cleverley who we'd get for a smaller fee. Maybe if we took a risk on someone we'd get lucky but we tried that already and it hasn't exactly worked out.

Georginio Wijnaldum

What are you basing that on?

The price you paid on FM?

People keep saying that we could get better value for money but I can't think of many players as good as Cleverley who we'd get for a smaller fee. Maybe if we took a risk on someone we'd get lucky but we tried that already and it hasn't exactly worked out.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Did you ring up his club and ask how much they wanted for him or are you just basing this on how much you bought him for in Football Manager?

:D

• Like 1

I don't think the signing is particularly good value for money. We cant afford to have another 40k a week misfit. I hope it works out though if he signs.

It may be part of a bigger plan - we almost signed Dempsey instead of Benteke and the leaking of the deal to the press speeded up the signing of the latter.

• Like 1

Georginio Wijnaldum

Did you ring up his club and ask how much they wanted for him or are you just basing this on how much you bought him for in Football Manager?

No, just like the quoted Cleverly price I am basing it on what the experts on Dutch radio have been saying over the summer.

I was surprised nobody bid for him and it looks like he will be in Eindhoven for another season.

If we look at Players who have already moved clubs I’d say Siem De Jong was much better value.

Again we are all basing this on the quoted £8million for Cleverly.

• Like 1

I just want this done now.

Sanchez playing a purely defensive midfielder role.

Delph next to him playing box to box.

Try Cleverley in front of both of them trying to be creative. He may have it in him for all I know.

Georginio Wijnaldum

I don't think I've seen him play but if he's as good or better than Cleverley and plays the same position then fair enough. I'm sure the Villa must be aware of him though so maybe there's a very good reason why we aren't trying for him.

Edit: Having seen the following post maybe he's out of our league, at the moment at least.

Edited by useless

Let's face it, we're probably not getting Wijnaldum. Maybe there's not a better value option than Cleverley currently available.

Maybe Lambert's previous successful buys have warped our views of what good value is out there, I wouldn't have batted an eye at MON or Houllier or Eck making this signing.

My impression is he was played too deep at United and, beforehand, had shown big promise playing as an attacking midfielder. I've personally never paid much attention to him, but if he's who we're going to sign (all going well) to add a bit of creativity then I hope he nails it.

My only problem is that I don't want to keep checking back here to see if it's done yet! I wish some clever lad could come up with some kind of group email that let's me know when it's done.

This has been a good summer transfer wise when so many have been predicting we'd spend nothing. I notice the championship jokes are disappearing too. I do hope we sign Cleverley as it'll further make us look like a real prem team, night and day to last season. Touch wood, touch wood. Anyway, I'll back him like all Villa players if he signs, and I hope he surprises people like what happens with plenty of our transfers (er, less so with those from last summer).

Seriously doubt Everton have another £8m to spend

probably United owe them cash for Fellaini

But then they owe Chelsea ;)

do you think this is a clever ploy from Jose to get Cleverley?

totally agree. that Benteke guy is hopeless 

Â