Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Is he similar to Milner in style?  I've seen him play but cant remember anything of note but from that video seems a hard worker, gets around the pitch, some slight skill and similar things to what Milner did for us

I like Westwood but I find he gets pushed off the ball too easily and is part of the reason we struggle to keep possession. I don't know much about Cleverley but if he is capable of retaining the ball better than Westwood he does represent a modest upgrade.

I am cynical of the quoted price though. The quoted prices for Sanchez were also all over the shop.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

He's 25 years old, came up through the Man United academy, and has played for the England team. So he has a good foundation on which to build, but he was never going to get that chance at Man United, especially now with 

Van Gaal, who won't know too much about him, and has other ideas about how he wants his midfield to look. I think this is a great opportunity for him to come into a team where he will be virtually guaranteed a starting place 

every weekend and allowed to develop his talent. This could end up being a very nice signing, especially if he's played in a more forward position, and I have a feeling that's what Lambert has in mind for him.

• Like 1

8m for a player that's only a year out from his contract ending in a position we have covered by two of our squads strongest players already...

ffs...we could of gone for wellbeck for that much

**** I remember when we could get Nobby for 1/8th that price and he was a much better player. 

Edited by electronicmaji
  • Like 2

let's get behind him, he's Villa now. UTV

A deals a way away yet no?

Correct. Apparently Hull have had a bid accepted too and Everton are interested. No reason to assume he's coming here.

8 million is fine. We sold Ash Young for 16 million on his last year of his deal. English players are overpriced. Besides Westwood was supposedly 2-3 million in the papers and Lambert said it was under a million. So you just dont know. So dont worry and enjoy signing and back him. 

Am I the only one possibly thinking the fee is being inflated artificially at our request by around £4m so that if we sell vlaar to them for, say, £8m rather than £4m we don't get a massive fan backlash?

8m for a player that's only a year out from his contract ending in a position we have covered by two of our squads strongest players already...

ffs...we could of gone for wellbeck for that much

**** I remember when we could get Nobby for 1/8th that price and he was a much better player.

Welbeck will go for 10m + IMO.

Personally don't think the 8m reported fee is true.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. That's the going rate for a player like him, especially given that he is English. Not to mention that the same figures have been bandied about regarding Hull's bid.

Let face it we have little money and aren't in the same game as some in the Premier League. He may not be the player who fans wanted but most of those aren't interested in Villa so Lambert has to try to sign the best of the rest.

Judge the player in a Villa shirt, I was one of those really not happy about Senderos but if he keeps playing like he has so far then he has proved me wrong. Let's see if Cleverly can do likewise for some of you assuming he sign's that is.

Stan I'm sure your right, but honestly, most of their fans seem to have the same view as me, the others have some sentimentality for a product of their youth team, I never got the hype over him, unlike Wilshere and Barkley who have showed some talent, I honestly do not understand what he does that's good.

The closest player I can compare him too is Bannan. I felt we were robbing palace when we got £1.75 mill for him. We would be getting a seeing to for £8mill.

Don't confuse our level with Man U're's. He's good enough to win the league. Better than Chelsea, Man City, Liverplop, Arsenal. He must have something to offer a team trying to stay up.

By that same logic, Park Ji-Sung should have been a world-beater for QPR. 

• Like 2

It doesn't make you wonder at all. There's far more to these deals than just the transfer fee.

Yeah like "we sell you Cleverly and then you sell us Vlaar".

Joking aside, if that happened I would be mega pissed off!

let's get behind him, he's Villa now. UTV

A deals a way away yet no?
Correct. Apparently Hull have had a bid accepted too and Everton are interested. No reason to assume he's coming here.

Can't see how Everton could fit him in, they seem well covered in that area, Hull would probably beat us for wages so if he is moving for money then he will probably choose them, let's hope he's after the wonga!!

What if..... Lambert is looking at Cleverly because we can afford his wages and, he sees him as a replacement for Delph, whose wages we can't afford to renew?

It might be possible that Lambert has been asked about Delph and knowing that the club can't afford to renew a contract on the wages he gets now, he's decided to cash in and replace him with Cleverly.

What if..... Lambert is looking at Cleverly because we can afford his wages and, he sees him as a replacement for Delph, whose wages we can't afford to renew?

It might be possible that Lambert has been asked about Delph and knowing that the club can't afford to renew a contract on the wages he gets now, he's decided to cash in and replace him with Cleverly.

No can't be..

• Like 1

Â