Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

There is no way in the world that its worthwhile breaking our wage structure for Cleverly, no matter how much we will save on a transfer fee.

If he wants to play for us for the money we offer then fantastic, if not thanks for your help Tom and good luck.

He have already said he would like to stay, but first villa must offer him a new contract

I would be very suprised if villa had not already mate. I think he wanted to see if we won the cup,. but after that disaster why would he stay

Tc probably knows what we are offering, and is rightly shopping around to see if he can get a better deal for himself.

I'd prefer him to sign for us but wouldn't be devastated if he opted for elsewhere.

• Like 1

trying to be positive here :) but I think one of the biggest faults in our midfield, is that all the midfielders are too similar and not getting Cleverly hopefully allowes us to find someone who offers something else, everything cleverly does Delph does better ! But I would still be happy if we bought him :) 

• Like 1

Garnder and Cleverley are nothing alike in my opinion, Cleverly is all about energy and being able to run for 90 minutes - he has some quality, don't get me wrong, but his impact on games is through his running - Gardner's more like Westwood, he'd rather sit and stroke the ball about and he's a danger from set pieces. I wouldn't put Gardner into the team for Cleverley, it'd give Delph too much to do and Westwood not enough protection. 

He was shite in the last few games. Not fussed about him now.

And they call us fickle...

Thought i might get that sort of response.

Before the 5 or so games prior to that he was shite for about 2 years.

For me he is a more athletic yet technically less skilled version of Delph.  Yet they both offer energy and lots of running which has balanced our midfield well with one either side of the pitch and Westwood sitting deep.

Problem is whilst that high energy, closing down style midfield is going to get you points against some lesser teams and occasionally higher up teams who perhaps have an off day, I think the technically better sides quickly worked out that they could easily pass through us (Southampton and Arsenal) and Burnley knew after going one up that for all our huffing and puffing we weren't creative enough to penetrate them.

I wouldn't mind having Cleverly and Delph in those same roles next term, as long as we had upgrades to the men around them i.e N'Zogbia, Grealish and Westwood (the latter two by the way i still think should be involved, but in more of a squad/back-up capacity, albeit Jack would eventually become 1st choice).

I'd be saddened if we lost out on his signing now. I think he is very important to the way Sherwood envisages us playing and he began to show that he become a viable No. 8 type.

I want him to stay.

I had previously thought that he was just waiting until the summer so he could sign for Everton for nothing after playing for us for a season. But given how well he has performed since Tim arrived and his comments about wanting to stay with us I accepted he had changed his mind and was happy with that.

I accept a lot of it is about money for players but I would like to think that if we offered him similar wages to those offered by Everton he would sign for us. If not, why bother to say he wanted to stay? 

Tbh it'd be a shame if he goes as he'd just won people over and had generally been playing well, but if he does opt for Everton that's his choice. I just hope we can find a suitable replacement that doesn't cost the Earth, as well as Gardner hopefully breaking through

• Like 1

Â