Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

If he stays, then he is potentially blocking a route to the first team for Gary Gardner anyway.

I'm not sure if Gardner is ready, but I think he should be given the chance and will be thrown in at the deep end next season.

Fine on paper but only problem is how the others would react.

I'd imagine Delph and Westwood's agent would be the first in queue to talk to Tom Fox about another contract with a pay rise.

That's a good point.

Sky today reporting talks with Everton are progressing, no real mention of us.

I'm assuming, as I'd expect, that he is speaking to everyone available.

He may well want to come here as his first choice but if Everton are offering more than us he'll probably go there.

• Like 1

Sky today reporting talks with Everton are progressing, no real mention of us.

I'm assuming, as I'd expect, that he is speaking to everyone available.

He may well want to come here as his first choice but if Everton are offering more than us he'll probably go there.

Sadly i think he would have stayed if we had won the Cup and got into Europe.

I'm sure he's gratfeful to Tim for rejuvenating his career but ultimately his heart has always been set on a move to Everton

with the club still up for sale and no real indication of money or ambition i'm not sure why any player would turn down a move right now unless internally good things are happening.

Edited by VillanousOne

Won't be shedding too many tears if we lose Cleverly. Plenty more mediocre midfielders out there.

He's actually looked good since Tim took over.

Not against Southampton or Burnley and i thought he was our worst player against Arsenal.  Looked to me he wasnt even trying most of the time.

Worst player against Arsenal? That's being really unfair... on N'Zogbia.

• Like 1

Can't blame him really, he lives in Cheshire which is a lovely part of the country and Everton geographically makes so much more sense, he's settled with his girlfriend there.

Also they're a better team, he knows Martinez (who knows how to get the best out of him), and they'll probably offer more money lets be honest.

The big problem for us now is that a replacement is going to cost atleast £8m, which gives us less money to spend on other areas!!! 

Edited by avfcwills10

Not overly bothered, had about 7 good games for us, and was absolute turd for final. So not bothered if he signs or not

Yes-I'm a bit like this as well. Whilst the last 3 have probably make him think a little, it is a double edged sword. From a football perspective only, his best bet would be to stay here, where he's settled in the team. Moving again, to Everton, would not guarantee him a start every week whereas, I think if he stayed here, there are more important areas that would need improving first. Not sure where he'd play in Evertons midfield either.

On a downside if he were to leave, it would mean yet another position that needs addressing.

Â