Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

We need more variety in central midfield anyway, it can't all just be runners and hard work otherwise Delph and Cleverley if he stays will be half dead by xmas.

Oh for an artist or two who can control the ball in central midfield and dictate the play particularly in home games. A player similar to Ki of Swansea.

We need more variety in central midfield anyway, it can't all just be runners and hard work otherwise Delph and Cleverley if he stays will be half dead by xmas.

Oh for an artist or two who can control the ball in central midfield and dictate the play particularly in home games. A player similar to Ki of Swansea.

Don't we have one already in Carles Gil?

• Like 1

Yes. Gil can slow things down and dictate the offense with his guile and skill. What a shame he has been frozen out. It's one of the reasons I have doubts about Sherwood. Does his pride and ego cloud his judgement? Should Gil have played against Southampton, or Burnley? For me the answer is clearly yes. Cleverley belongs in there too. But Gil earned the right to at the very least be used as a substitute. 

• Like 1

When Cleverley hit the wall against Southampton, so did the whole team. I'm not sure what happened, maybe he got tired like some of you have suggested. Then again, he is a confidence player, so he will be bound to have ups and downs.

Yes. Gil can slow things down and dictate the offense with his guile and skill. What a shame he has been frozen out. It's one of the reasons I have doubts about Sherwood. Does his pride and ego cloud his judgement? Should Gil have played against Southampton, or Burnley? For me the answer is clearly yes. Cleverley belongs in there too. But Gil earned the right to at the very least be used as a substitute.

You know he's been frozen out and exactly what's gone on?

Do you?

Whatever has happened with Gil, the fact is he is still amongst the playing staff and is a capable player who could've contributed towards the end of the season (especially when others used were practically running on empty)

Back to his old self, timid, unsure, unconfident. Didn't even have the bollocks to take a pop at goal.

Yep, after a great run of form he has been back to the 'standards' he set for himself prior to Sherwood's arrival. If we don't sign him it won't be a huge loss in the grand scheme of things.

Do you?

Whatever has happened with Gil, the fact is he is still amongst the playing staff and is a capable player who could've contributed towards the end of the season (especially when others used were practically running on empty)

No, no one does. Just some act like they do to have a moan about the manager.

Do you?

Gil is young, I'm sure will be on relatively average/low wages compared to the rest of the squad, and had looked infinitely better than the likes of N'Zogbia and Weimann. He has been training regularly, suggesting there hasn't been a bust up nor is Gil injured. Gil has also been given one 60 minute chance under Sherwood, in which he didn't play particularly good or bad, and has been frozen out since.

This leaves us to believe that Sherwood is not playing Gil simply because he doesn't rate him as a player, and believes someone like N'Zogbia (who has put in about 2 respectable performances in his entire 4 year Aston Villa career), can do a better job. Of course, we can't know for sure if this is the real reason, however due to none of us seeing inside Tim Sherwood's head we are left to presume that this is the reason, as it looks extremely likely.

The logic that we can't blame Sherwood for not playing Gil because we aren't definitely sure of the real reason is flawed IMO. It suggests you can't ever blame any manager for a team selection without him coming out and telling the media the exact reasons for it. I will continue to believe Sherwood has dreadfully mismanaged this entire situation until proven otherwise.

Edited by myko

Yes I've said a million times he should actually be played sometimes and not be sold but seems Sherwood has already washed his hands of him for some bizarre reason.

Back to his old self, timid, unsure, unconfident. Didn't even have the bollocks to take a pop at goal.

Yep, after a great run of form he has been back to the 'standards' he set for himself prior to Sherwood's arrival. If we don't sign him it won't be a huge loss in the grand scheme of things.

A bit harsh, he was trying to win the ball and pressuring arsenal players and they responded by going down under little contact, after 2 or 3 times the ref booked him, if he carried on he would have been sent off.

Do you?

Gil is young, I'm sure will be on relatively average/low wages compared to the rest of the squad, and had looked infinitely better than the likes of N'Zogbia and Weimann. He has been training regularly, suggesting there hasn't been a bust up nor is Gil injured. Gil has also been given one 60 minute chance under Sherwood, in which he didn't play particularly good or bad, and has been frozen out since.

This leaves us to believe that Sherwood is not playing Gil simply because he doesn't rate him as a player, and believes someone like N'Zogbia (who has put in about 2 respectable performances in his entire 4 year Aston Villa career), can do a better job. Of course, we can't know for sure if this is the real reason, however due to none of us seeing inside Tim Sherwood's head we are left to presume that this is the reason, as it looks extremely likely.

The logic that we can't blame Sherwood for not playing Gil because we aren't definitely sure of the real reason is flawed IMO. It suggests you can't ever blame any manager for a team selection without him coming out and telling the media the exact reasons for it. I will continue to believe Sherwood has dreadfully mismanaged this entire situation until proven otherwise.

If you want to create a scenario to have a moan then carry on.

Do you?

If you want to create a scenario to have a moan then carry on.

Impossible to debate such a sound argument

Â