Tom Fox

Cracker1234

5 hours ago, Nabby said:

So any news from the meeting that took place today with supporters ? 

OBE has put a write up in the CITW forum, but it's sensitive so I won't reproduce it here.

It's actually very interesting stuff.

Tin hat on judging by the vibe of this thread, but Fox sounds like one of the good guys.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

OBE has put a write up in the CITW forum, but it's sensitive so I won't reproduce it here.

It's actually very interesting stuff.

Tin hat on judging by the vibe of this thread, but Fox sounds like one of the good guys.

Have you got a link that those interested can click on, I'd love to read it but have no idea what CITW is!

Fox baffles me, I've been in the same room as him and spoken to him 1 to 1 and he comes across fantastically, he has answers for everything and says the right stuff. But then you see where we are, how we've got there, and you can't help but feel it's spin.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He signed all the players.

I assume this is what Tom Fox said in the meeting? Sure, maybe that's true. On the other hand, maybe it isn't. He's hardly impartial in this whole situation, and I don't really believe anything he has to say. The thing about sinking ships is that people are rarely desperate to admit responsibility. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume this is what Tom Fox said in the meeting? Sure, maybe that's true. On the other hand, maybe it isn't. He's hardly impartial in this whole situation, and I don't really believe anything he has to say. The thing about sinking ships is that people are rarely desperate to admit responsibility. 

It's what Tim Sherwood said.

Tim Sherwood said many things about whose responsibility player signings were, most of them contradictory. Presumably one of the things he said was correct, but there's no particular reason to believe it was any one individual comment as opposed to any of the others. 

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Have you got a link that those interested can click on, I'd love to read it but have no idea what CITW is!

It's the clearing in the woods thread, accessible to people who donate to VillaTalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We'd still be on 4 points wit vsh Sherwood in charge.

He's the reason we're in this mess.

we dont know that though, id expect Tim to at least get a win vs Watford and not be gutless vs Everton and Arsenal

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

we dont know that though, id expect Tim to at least get a win vs Watford and not be gutless vs Everton and Arsenal

I think you're seriously kidding yourself. We were getting worse and worse under Sherwood.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tim Sherwood said many things about whose responsibility player signings were, most of them contradictory. Presumably one of the things he said was correct, but there's no particular reason to believe it was any one individual comment as opposed to any of the others. 

Actually, the only quotes from Sherwood regarding transfers are that he was involved in all of them, he had the final say in all of them and that they were his signings so he took full responsibility for them.

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think he has done an awful job at all.  He has performed under the massive constraints set down by Lerner.  Some might argue that Lambert should have been fired sooner than he was, but that's a moot point considering we didn't go down last season anyway.  Regardless of when we changed manager, we stayed up.  Despite the opinions on here, I think Sherwood was probably given a sensible amount of time before being gotten rid of too, and I think we have a good man in charge now.  I also think the club off the pitch is in much better shape than it was before he arrived.  I think Fox has done well.  The fact that we look like going down this season is not something you can put on him in my view.  It has been a long time in coming.  That he's here at a time when we're likely to go down is unfortunate for him, but he's far from the cause of it.  Let's not mix up the good things with the bad things at Villa these days, as difficult as it can sometimes be to differentiate the two.  For me Fox is still one of the good things at the club.

• Like 2

Stick Garde in at the start of the season and things would be looking a bit better imo. Sherwood left the team with absolutely no confidence at all, and Garde can't seem to get them going now either.  I think both Sherwood and Garde were errors made by Tom Fox. Even not sacking Sherwood straight after the Stoke game was a mistake. 

My faith in Tom Fox is now at 0%, talks a good talk, but is a bit of an idiot like the owner who employed him. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Sherwood is an idiot. I think he claimed all that because he's ego is massive and he thought he was on the verge of revolutionising a shit team. In reality I think he signed some and some were put forward for him. 

That's how it works at pretty much every club.

Scouts recommend players, the manager decides who to sign.

I'm not sure he had the final say. From other reports it seemed that we were pushing more towards having this transfer committee.

I think it's the right idea, but like with everything under Lerner its been badly executed by Tom Fox and the rest.

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think he has done an awful job at all.  He has performed under the massive constraints set down by Lerner.  Some might argue that Lambert should have been fired sooner than he was, but that's a moot point considering we didn't go down last season anyway.  Regardless of when we changed manager, we stayed up.  Despite the opinions on here, I think Sherwood was probably given a sensible amount of time before being gotten rid of too, and I think we have a good man in charge now.  I also think the club off the pitch is in much better shape than it was before he arrived.  I think Fox has done well.  The fact that we look like going down this season is not something you can put on him in my view.  It has been a long time in coming.  That he's here at a time when we're likely to go down is unfortunate for him, but he's far from the cause of it.  Let's not mix up the good things with the bad things at Villa these days, as difficult as it can sometimes be to differentiate the two.  For me Fox is still one of the good things at the club.

What are the good things fox has done or is doing?

He's effectively running the club and its getting worse from before he was appointed. I agree completely with collymore. Fox is way above where he should be in a football club.

Â