Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Tin hat on - he's blagged a job handing in a CV suggesting he'll be very good at bringing money in and in his infinite wisdom randy has given a job running the whole show, do you judge him on the fact that it's a horror show or judge him on what he should actually be here to do?

When we go down if this bloke brings money in, the details of the under armour deal straight away, does what he should actually be here to do and now hollis is here his role can be rejigged so he can do what he's good at, do you judge him then?

He's a square peg at the moment, there's a couple to fall on their sword before him IMO

Hollis to me is still a bloke with a Rolodex full of local businessmen, small time, 1980s football, but he'll fill the corporate side of things next season, sat there all day in the summer selling boxes to Solihulls number 1 2nd hand car salesman...

Hopefully fox will now be doing what he should be here to do, in terms of sponsorship if we can still compete with the prems 20th-15th next season then fox has done his job, if we pull in more sponsorship money than a couple of prem teams than power to him, we should pull in more corporate money because we have better corporate facilities than half the prem

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Nice one Mervyn - had a good feeling about our Merv when he got appointed. I get the impression that he is pulling the strings even though just a director, I mean, he is a genuine fan, and he is the most experienced guy there - must have been talking to Fox about football and quickly realised that Fox is a charlatan. Wouldn;t it be funny if the only guy that Randy didn't really appoint is the guy to turn Villa around.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Hollis gets rid of Fox then we're in a whole lot more trouble - I know it's not the popular view, but I think Fox is the most capable of them. Everything I've seen of Hollis suggest to me that he's possibly the worst appointment Lerner had made to our back office staff. If it comes down to one or the other I have a feeling we'll lose the wrong one.

No, I think you are right. 

Fox is still bloody awful, I think clueless about football, but Hollis is worse and here to oversee huge cuts. Nothing more. If we weren't getting relegated, he wouldn't have been appointed.

Edited by DK82

4 hours ago, Swerbs said:

Fox is the lesser of the two evils, if Hollis has full control then I fear for our club.

In think I dislike fox more than randy, well at least as much. I'm convinced that he thinks he's doing a good job and all what's happening now is an inevitable consequence of what came  before him. 

If randy still has an interest in the club, as we're led to believe, albeit from a very long distance, then surely he has to go to stop him from further destroying our club.

His major decisions have been nothing short of incompetent. To name but a few; giving Lambert a 4 year extension despite turgid football and questionable results,  then dither on sacking him when it was clearly going wrong nearly relegating us , hiring Sherwood, then dither on sacking him, which will contribute to relegating us this time, hiring remi a man with no pl experience (tbf right man wrong time imo ), the fools panel he has put in place which overseen a significant investment ( accepted gross not net, but significant all the same )  which left us comfortabley the worst performing team in the prem (possibly poorer than many of those we will be competing against next year) choosing not to invest in jan,..... And to think of the relatively short time he's been here!

I'm not sure he could of shafted us any more had he tried. Fwiw I don't trust Hollis either but fox going would at leat be a start if the change from top to bottom that is needed. As others have said I think mervyn king will ensure that there is a sincere interest in avfc with the decisions that are made, thankfully. I'll worry if he walks!

• Like 1

Tom fox has said on record he only rubber stamped Lamberts deal it was negotiated before he arrived by Lerner who wanted continuity whilst negotiating a sale. 

Its well known that lambert had a clause in his contract stipulating he could've fired if we dropped into the bottom 3 and would receive a minimal pay off. 

who could of foreseen sherwood talking his way out of a job so soon. Only received a part pay off I am led to believe due to gross misconduct. 

Fools panel you say, yet amavi Gana Ayew etc (though have contributed to our mess) have been our better players. 

Remi I'll kinda give you, maybe right man wrong time. Tune will tell. 

• Like 1

Tom fox has said on record he only rubber stamped Lamberts deal it was negotiated before he arrived by Lerner who wanted continuity whilst negotiating a sale. 

Its well known that lambert had a clause in his contract stipulating he could've fired if we dropped into the bottom 3 and would receive a minimal pay off. 

who could of foreseen sherwood talking his way out of a job so soon. Only received a part pay off I am led to believe due to gross misconduct. 

Fools panel you say, yet amavi Gana Ayew etc (though have contributed to our mess) have been our better players. 

gross misconduct? do tell

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

The signings in general, apart from ayew, have struggled for a large period of the season, in my opinion. Even amavi who came with a glowing reputation, struggled at times before his injury. 

Those you mention may be prove to be good long term additions, and I hope they are, but we are where we are on merit. I standby my opinion that our summer activity was poor, for the period of time we were in and what we needed as a club. 50 odd mil ( even with loosing vlaar, benteke and delph) should have at least meant we stood still, with wise investment. Those that contribute to the recruitment policy are therefore collectively responsible. 

To be fair I think Sherwood's results and performances did him out if a job, starting with the very end of last season ( I.e. Southampton away and the cup final), although his eagerness to blame everything but himself did not help his cause.

Edited by JP1982
  • Like 2

Not itk and could be bollox but heard ( in the exec areas) that it was due to him leaking (sensitive & private) info to the media, also his criticising of the transfer approach, after he 100% fully backed in the summer. It was the talking to the media that breached his contract, hence his reduced pay off. 

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

Not itk and could be bollox but heard ( in the exec areas) that it was due to him leaking (sensitive & private) info to the media, also his criticising of the transfer approach, after he 100% fully backed in the summer. It was the talking to the media that breached his contract, hence his reduced pay off. 

This would tie in with the number of ridiculous info leaks we had at the start of the season - full team lineups etc the day before matches.

these have all mysteriously stopped since he cleared off

I hold Fox responsible for this just as much as lerner, he has been a pathetic cheif executive. just talks alot and gets nothing done. we have seen absolutely zero improvement. I would fire Reilly and that other arsenal reject as well. 

Â