Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Deportivo La Coruna are interested in signing him as are Malaga. 

I'd take the money and run. He really struggled with the pace of the game last season and I don't think giving him a pre-season is going to make much of a difference either TBH.

Deportivo have no money so that be a terrible deal on our end

Sanchez was just named to the Copa America group stage Best XI. However, feel bad for him as he'll now misses the Argentina match due to yellow card accumilation.

433982_heroa.jpg

Bwahahaha.. Lot's of papers and TV sports shows here in Chile talking about how Argentina is fortunate not to be playing the "Anti-Messi". Colombia very unlucky as they not only lose Sanchez but also their other starting defensive mid, Edwin Valencia who plays for Brazilian giants Santos. He tore his right ACL during the Peru match.

Sanchez was just named to the Copa America group stage Best XI. However, feel bad for him as he'll now misses the Argentina match due to yellow card accumilation.

433982_heroa.jpg

Bwahahaha.. Lot's of papers and TV sports shows here in Chile talking about how Argentina is fortunate not to be playing the "Anti-Messi". Colombia very unlucky as they not only lose Sanchez but also their other starting defensive mid, Edwin Valencia who plays for Brazilian giants Santos. He tore his right ACL during the Peru match.

Haha! The Anti-Messi  :D

How has Messi been named in the best 11 of group stages, he hasnt done anything. No doubt he'll walk away as player of the tournament like the world cup.

Well since unlike in the World Cup, Nike and not Adidas is the sponsors of Copa America it was probably Neymar who was to be named player of the tournament.

Won't happen now since he headbutted an opponent and insulted the ref

We need to keep hold and give him a chance, he knows what the pl is all about now, he'll have a rest then be back in for pre season off the back of a personally successful international tournament, he strikes me as someone who doesn't give up, so he'll be raring to go. Mentally weak players tend to hide when things aren't going right for them but as we've seen with Carlos, he's the complete opposite, sure he's had games where he's given the ball away lots, but he's never shyed away from playing and despite things not going his way he doesn't hide, he wants to get involved more and make amends for his mistakes. That my friends is a mental trait that a lot of the squad can learn from.

• Like 1

433982_heroa.jpg

It does sound funny, but it's kinda true. I don't think you need to know Spanish to understand the headline from this recent story on Sanchez. I admit does sound funny, but facts don't lie.

http://colombia.as.com/colombia/2015/06/18/futbol/1434594383_952961.html

I like Sanchez, always have done, there's a really decent player in there and to me, he's always looked like a player who's half a yard off the pace of the English game, specially when the game hits the 70minute mark.

I think a pre-season here will do him the world of good. Think he could be a terrific player next season. 

Petrov

Bergkamp

Pires

Tevez

didnt hit the ground running straight away

Luka Modric was heavily mocked, IIRC.

I will say though, Sanchez is 30 and whilst he has shown flashes of what he can do some of the most basic errors he commits time and time again, even in acres of space and all the time in the world...I cannot put it down to adjusting to the pace of the league.

• Like 1

433982_heroa.jpg

always assumed that was Emile Heskey

Petrov

Bergkamp

Pires

Tevez

didnt hit the ground running straight away

Luka Modric was heavily mocked, IIRC.

I will say though, Sanchez is 30 and whilst he has shown flashes of what he can do some of the most basic errors he commits time and time again, even in acres of space and all the time in the world...I cannot put it down to adjusting to the pace of the league.

29 which on VT makes you 30.

He wont be 30 till after the Jan transfer window.

So he's basically 31. Get rid!

Didn't he just have a birthday, turning 27?

Or was it that Sherwood never plays him?

Or is it that Liverpool want him, but not for his release clause, but they are crap.

Or is it that sliced kick against Man City?

Or that good things don't happen to us?

I get a little confused with all the regular VT convos :)

So he's basically 31. Get rid!

Didn't he just have a birthday, turning 27?

Or was it that Sherwood never plays him?

Or is it that Liverpool want him, but not for his release clause, but they are crap.

Or is it that sliced kick against Man City?

Or that good things don't happen to us?

I get a little confused with all the regular VT convos :)

DHUTWU!

To all the people saying that we should get rid because he looked off the pace last season in the PL - there have been so many foreign players who have taken time to adjust but been really good once they have. He's definitely worth keeping.

Amen to that.

We never learn though do we?

If a player isn't great in the first few months he's shit and we need to get rid.

To all the people saying that we should get rid because he looked off the pace last season in the PL - there have been so many foreign players who have taken time to adjust but been really good once they have. He's definitely worth keeping.

This is a fair assessment. His problem hasn't been one of his ability but him seemingly overestimating how much time he has on the ball and being too lax, especially in our defensive third, on paper there is no reason why he couldn't adapt to the pace of the league and eliminate this.

He's no worse than someone like David Luiz for ridiculously giving the ball away when in DM position, some players just have that lackadaisical approach about them.

As I've said before, didn't he have 98% pass completion against Sunderland. He had a pretty good spell for us around xmas. I would say go back and look at some of the post match threads around the time but then you'll probably end up on a psychiatric ward....  

Â