Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I like Sanchez, and although there is hopefully some truth in saying that he will improve once he is fully up to the speed of the Prem league, I don't think he will ever be the steady reliable DM that people want.

He believes in his own talent, and is happy to take risks playing in a position that doesn't go well with risk. He plays on the edge, with a smile on his face, and as a 29 year old international he might not feel that he needs to change too much. I think he is one of those players where you will have to live with the errors. Some might not think that he is worth it, but I see a lot of positives in what he brings.

He isn't Makelele and I don't think he wants to be.

Good off the ball. Jekyll and Hide on the ball.

"Hyde"

You said point out any errors...

Noted! Thanks :)

As for Sanchez, his poor passes just seem too be a little bit too "weak" or too slow, a bit pedestrian.  The idea behind the pass isn't bad, at times quite brilliant.

Just need to play with a bit more urgency.  As pointed out by others a second or two quicker and he'd be good on the ball as well. 

I think he needs more time to adapt. He showed some flashes of playing at a higher tempo during the spurs game, avery nice moment of short passing between him, Cleverly and Grealish (I think) up on the left side in the attacking 3rd. Made a few driving runs from midfield as well.

Give him til Christmas, if he hasen't adopted by that time, I don't think he will. If he does, we got a great player on our hand. Just think he's one of those players who takes a long time to adopt. Still a good defensive midfielder for us, and if he can't up his passing game he needs to keep things more simple and safe.

Edited by Skruff

In this league you get no time so you have to be focus 100% and with Sanchez it looks to me like he has the odd lapse in concentration. He's still miles better then westwood in front of the back four as he can actually defend! He is steady passer when he is concentrating, now if he had Westwood's first touch he would be a top defensive midfielder! Unfortunately its more like Gabby's!

Â