Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

I thought people didn't trust The Sun?

To be fair.. the bad things tend to be true with Villa lol

Not always.

I mean, I remember when that new lucrative TV deal was coming in and people were saying that we'd go down the season before because you know, we're Villa and apparently we're cursed and only bad things happen to us - never happened.

No i mean with transfer links that we want and dont want to happen. Dont wants happen alot. Heskey Harewood Senderos Agathe etc etc

I can think of many many bad players we've been linked to that we didn't get. Don't know why you're writing off Senderos already either.

Edited by Mantis

How come all these people who know why we didn't sign Ki didn't have any information before hand? Surely there contacts would let them in on other stuff? I seriously doubt if we don't sign Sanchez it'll be wages as the issue.

Birmingham Mail reporting the deal might be off but seem to have got that info from the sun, also after the 2 lines, there is nothing in the article about Sanchez, the article has no foundation. It's complete crap. We have a few weeks we're just gonna need to be patient. There will always be a plan B too so worst case scenario, news of another DM will start to filter through. If there is noone else to go after we won't pull out the deal, it would be madness

not sure if this has been posted?

Aston Villa have completed a deal for Elche midfielder Carlos Sanchez, Goal understands.

The Colombia international has signed a four-year deal with Paul Lambert’s team after a £4.8 million (€6m) fee was agreed with the Liga side.

Goal has learned that Sanchez is due in the west Midlands on Tuesday to complete a medical with the club expected to announce the transfer as early as this evening.

Sanchez, nicknamed The Rock, has been heavily linked with a move to Villa Park this summer after an impressive World Cup with Jose Pekerman’s team and will provide Villa with further options in central midfield.

The 28-year-old joins after one season in Spain, where he helped keep Elche in the top-flight as they finished 16th.

Sanchez, who has 44 caps for Colombia, has been previously linked with Bolton and West Ham while at French side Valenciennes

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/08/12/5029111/aston-villa-close-in-on-sanchez-deal

Is he actually any good or are we just basing everything on his World Cup.

He's exactly what we need. 44 caps for Colombia, good going.

Edited by useless

not sure if this has been posted?

Aston Villa have completed a deal for Elche midfielder Carlos Sanchez, Goal understands.

The Colombia international has signed a four-year deal with Paul Lambert’s team after a £4.8 million (€6m) fee was agreed with the Liga side.

Goal has learned that Sanchez is due in the west Midlands on Tuesday to complete a medical with the club expected to announce the transfer as early as this evening.

Sanchez, nicknamed The Rock, has been heavily linked with a move to Villa Park this summer after an impressive World Cup with Jose Pekerman’s team and will provide Villa with further options in central midfield.

The 28-year-old joins after one season in Spain, where he helped keep Elche in the top-flight as they finished 16th.

Sanchez, who has 44 caps for Colombia, has been previously linked with Bolton and West Ham while at French side Valenciennes

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/08/12/5029111/aston-villa-close-in-on-sanchez-deal

I like this article but don't believe it, goal.com are worse than the papers most the time.

The problem with all these articles is that his medical has to be completed in Spain, he can't travel to the UK till a deal has been completed. That's what I'm led to believe anyway due to what people were saying a few pages back about his visa

If we did sign him, can we do the Rock quotes as a crowd chant? 

Normal player chants are quite repetitive in nature, can't imagine repeating those famous Rock quotes over and over again

#justSayin :)

Can you smmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll??!?!

Can you name a player who's had a good world cup but is generally shit? I know he was always well thought of at Valenciennes, and Elche had a similar season to us last year so even if he doesn't know the league he's been in the same league situations in his career

• Like 2

I don't think Kend

Can you name a player who's had a good world cup but is generally shit? I know he was always well thought of at Valenciennes, and Elche had a similar season to us last year so even if he doesn't know the league he's been in the same league situations in his career

There are probably a few players but as I say in my post that I edited, people's descriptions of him are exactly what we need and he's done well to win 44 caps for Colombia.

Edited by useless

Elche midfielder Carlos Sanchez is expected to jet into England on Tuesday to complete a £4.7million switch to Aston Villa.

The 28-year-old defensive midfielder - who is nicknamed The Rock - is due to arrive in the Midlands to sign a four-year deal.

The Colombia international has been identified by Villa boss Paul Lambert as the man he wants to add some bite to his midfield.

And barring a last minute hitch, the Villa boss looks to have secured Sanchez’s capture ahead of the Barclays Premier League opener against Stoke on Saturday.

Sanchez has spent the vast majority of his career playing in France, spending seven years with Valenciennes before moving to Spain in 2013.

He has made 30 La Liga appearances for Elche, but he is now poised to leave for England.

Villa hope the deal can be completed by Tuesday night or at the latest on Wednesday morning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2722696/Carlos-Sanchez-close-4-7m-switch-Aston-Villa-Elche.html

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Â